Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default EXM #19 (Spoilers)

-Magik and the XMen fight the Inhumans in Iceland.
    -As Magik fights, Sapna pops out the sword asking Magik for help.
    -Inside the souldsword, Magik finds Sapna who has been trapped there since their fight.
    -Magik tells her she needs to return and help the XMen, and Sapna tells her her physical body is in the fight. Time moves slower inside the Souldsword.
    -Magik apologizes for killing her but Sapna understands. Sapna is lonely now but that's better than being possessed.
    -Magik insists on returning but Sapna grows scarier and tells her she can't ever leave.
    -Magik will not be kept there, and an agrier Sapna tells her she's the one in control now.
    -As the two fight, they realize Crystal is attacking her phyiscal body.
    -Magik begs to be released or she'll die in the real world. Sapna says then she can stay with her.
    -Magik peads with her telling her she doesn't want this, and Sapna sadly agrees.
    -Magik promises to come back and help her, so Sapna lets her go.

-As Crystal spins Magik around in a mini tornado, Magik comes to and hits Crystal with her sword.
    -Inferno attacks the witch who put everyone in limbo but OML has Magik's back thanks to Colossus and the fastball.
    -Colossus and Magik reunite but Sapna only gave her one minute to be out there.
    -Magik tells Colossus to find Dr Stranger after the fight and tell him she's trapped in the souldsword.

-Magik tells Sapna she wishes she could bring her back to life but some things are meant to be.
    -Sapna feels this is the end for her but with Magik along her, they'll find a way.
    -Magik tells her there might be a way for Sapna to not be trapped and asks her if she trusts her?
    -Magik decides to try a spell but that Sapna won't be able to talk to others. Sapna's good with that.

-Magik returns just in time to help Colossus from Gorgon (who was left beat up in Limbo).
    -Sapna stays with Magik as she kicks Inhuman butt.

Going to skip it.

May I just say, Calaigah, that you are shredding this board with your detailed summaries.

A big THANK YOU from Minnesota.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    May I just say, Calaigah, that you are shredding this board with your detailed summaries.

A big THANK YOU from Minnesota.
    Thanks!

BANNED

Did Storm do anything interesting with her powers in this issue?

Extraordinary Member

So much potential wasted. This could have been such an emotional issue, but the dialogue just wasn't up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Any Elixir scans???

I'm kidding.

A big thank you from me too Calaigah. These detailed summaries really help.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    She flew a bit.

BANNED

I blame Lemire's utter destruction of Magik for her not being part of Ressurexion. In 18 months she went from fan-favourite core X-Man to throwaway D-lister.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She flew a bit.
    Based on this answer and what I got from the IvX #5 thread, it looks like I will not be making a trip to the comicbook store today...

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She flew a bit.
    That was before or after she got possessed by Mosaic? (sorry, sorry...)

BANNED

Wake me when it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I blame Lemire's utter destruction of Magik for her not being part of Ressurexion. In 18 months she went from fan-favourite core X-Man to throwaway D-lister.
    We'll call this "Getting Sapna'd" from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    This kills me, man.

In addition, I sincerely hope whenever she does turn up next this ghost-Sapna-companion thing is just forgotten. It's not inherently bad (and neither is the issue tbh, probs the best he's done on EXM- but that really isn't saying much) but I certainly don't need to see it again. Lemire doesn't actually understand what the soulsword is, does he? Or have I missed something here.

I think one thing that irks me is for a moment it looked like Magik was getting a really neat post-IvX set-up. Trapped inside her soulsword, with Colossus carrying it around on a quest to find Dr Strange and save his sister, could have been a great RessureXion story. It would even give a good explanation as to why she was on no team roster in the relaunch, but Lemire just bottled that at the end.

He's got one issue left. I feel confident in saying this run has been worse than Austen's.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post

I think one thing that irks me is for a moment it looked like Magik was getting a really neat post-IvX set-up. Trapped inside her soulsword, with Colossus carrying it around on a quest to find Dr Strange and save his sister, could have been a great RessureXion story. It would even give a good explanation as to why she was on no team roster in the relaunch, but Lemire just bottled that at the end.
    That would have been rad.

He's got one issue left. I feel confident in saying this run has been worse than Austen's.
    Oooh Burn!