Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What Are the Best "Classic" X-Men Runs?

So, way back when the Internet was still young and dinosaurs roamed the face of the Earth, the X-Men used to be a single team that Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Gray, and a few others were the main people on. If I recall correctly, these titles were even considered kind of edgy and almost R-Rated. Sex, drugs, and violence. A lot of fighting over women and blood on the floor in battles. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, I didn't really follow comics as a kid, but that seemed to be what I was hearing from my friends in the 90s.

What titles and issue numbers sort of fit that description, if I wanted to go back and read a bunch of issues that had the trio above (And I guess the other 2-3 people who were usually in the group with them- when it wasn't like 100 people) still together in the group doing edgy things? Bonus points if they are available on Comixology.

Also, good jumping on point to consider if I wanted to get into a modern title? X-Men Blue #1? No Wolverine and they're time travelers of sorts and so on and so forth, but that seems to be at least an attempt to get back to basics on the surface of things.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 02-24-2017 at 04:27 PM.