Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The bulk of the complaints in the New 52 in regards to a 90s feel was indeed visuals in costumes. And even in regards to writing some Rebirth books have even gone back to 90s style of writing too, like Action Comics. Jurgens is steeped in 90s.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The bulk of the complaints in the New 52 in regards to a 90s feel was indeed visuals in costumes. And even in regards to writing some Rebirth books have even gone back to 90s style of writing too, like Action Comics. Jurgens is steeped in 90s.
    When people were comparing New 52 to the 90s, they didn't really have things like Guy Gardner's Warrior look in mind because those looks were not really ostentatious at all. The looks they had in mind were more like these:

Yup. Thor, Cap, and AzBats in all their 90s glory. Things like that, very heavily armored, and giving the impression that they were made of plastic as opposed to actual fabric, is what was true of a lot of the New 52 costumes, namely Superman, Flash, Deathstroke, and others.

But, even so, I fail to see how majority of writers are writing these characters like "90s characters."
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-25-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If the article's theory is correct, I suspect we'll get a new duo of Guy & Jessica on Earth, with Simon heading back out to space.

You might be right. Simon's story in Green Lanterns is all but wrapped up, now that he's finally turned in his gun. I think he's probably now learned the lesson that Hal wanted him to learn, about relying on his ring and his partner, not the gun, and Jessica also learned to be more confident in her abilities. So Hal will come along, unfuse their lanterns, and dispatch Simon to a new sector, resulting in Guy and Simon swapping books.

That also means that Simon would leave the Justice League.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If the article's theory is correct, I suspect we'll get a new duo of Guy & Jessica on Earth, with Simon heading back out to space.
    That would be interesting. Especially if Guy has a Yellow/ Sinestro ring and with Jessica overcoming her fear.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Jessica and Guy together would be...interesting to say the least.

I'm just trying to imagine Humphries writing Guy now .

Extraordinary Member

If Guy finds himself back on Earth, I hope he reunites with Ice, and joins the JL.

That way, fans can have the real GL/Bat rivalry. Guy did not have much patience from Superman, IIRC.

I'd love to see Guy put some fire into Victor Stone.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    We all know from the previous storyarc that Guy goes commando under his GL uniform...
    That's my preferred look for Guy.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Even if Simon relocates to space, I don't know if we'd necessarily see Guy in the Justice League, although I hope we do. While they've certainly toned down his buffoonish qualities to their Bwa-Ha-Ha heights, Guy is still the same loud-mouthed hot head that made him so crucial to the success of that era.

Incredible Member

Great to see the black jacket return