Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 49.12%
  • No

29 50.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    He's not likeable in the sense that I would want to have a beer with him. But he makes a great Batman.
    I'd vote for him!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I don't think he's meant to be 'likable'. That's not to say he was presented as a villain either. Rather, he's an extreme version of Batman, a 'realistic' take on what 20 years of wearing a cape and cowl and spending your nights beating the crap out of criminals with no long-term result can do to you.

Its also implied in BvS that Batman wasn't always as violent and sadistic as he was shown to be in that film - stuff like branding criminals is a relatively recent development. And by the end of the film, he is starting down a better path, that sees him become a mentor and leader to superheroes.

I have no doubt we'll see a more 'likable' and overtly 'heroic' Batman in Justice League.
    I only saw the film once so, I don't remember that stuff. But no I didn't find him like to be like able at all. Note you can have a character in a story who is not likeble but admirable. I didn't find Batfflleck to be either. He was just an angry meat head.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd say yes and no, but ultimately went with yes. He's not meant to be likeable for the majority of the film, as he is one of the principal antagonists. However, towards the end and seemingly where his arc is taking him? Yeah, I like him a lot.

He's still much less of a dick than late 90s/early 2000s Batman. I will take Batfleck over that douche any day of the week, especially if he has actually learned his lesson and will stay on his path of redemption.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wasn't into it at all.

100% think Ben Affleck is capable of a lot better though, with good material.

He's a grumpy old man who kills people.

As terrible as Suicide Squad was, he came off the best in that. I think Affleck's Batman could be great but he's been giving terrible material to play.

It was quite an interesting challenge (Mr. Kevin Smith did a request on his show Fatman on Batman last year regarding Wonder Woman's theme fitting with BvS gym scene where Batman is working out), one that showed some unusual, ermm, results)))

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

He was perfect and as likeable as Batman the character is meant to be. Batman as a character is interesting and cool and exciting but he isn't likeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    He's a grumpy old man who kills people.

As terrible as Suicide Squad was, he came off the best in that. I think Affleck's Batman could be great but he's been giving terrible material to play.
    Yes that scene where he beats down Deadshot in front of his daughter really was the best especially bearing in mind Bruce's history. That scene was the worse than all the killing.

Quote Originally Posted by ObserveCreativeSouls115 View Post

It was quite an interesting challenge (Mr. Kevin Smith did a request on his show Fatman on Batman last year regarding Wonder Woman's theme fitting with BvS gym scene where Batman is working out), one that showed some unusual, ermm, results)))
    Wow talk about Batjokes.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Now that DC has acquired Whedon and Bendis I could imagine watching a Batfleck movie by Jon Favreau or based on a script from Shane Black. Not together more of an either or but I really liked their take on Tony Stark who is so similar to Bruce Wayne.

I liked Ben as Batman. And he presented a weary and jaded Bruce Wayne as well.

I love Batfleck. He is my favorite live action Batman. I know there was some controversy in BVS, but that was on the writers not Ben.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

He's sympathetic so I voted yes. There are a lot of character moments that make me feel for him and make me appreciate his point of view, particularly in JL. But as was said, in terms of whether I want to hang out with him, not really, and that's because I probably wouldn't want to hang out with Batman either (in the context of a complete non-adventure).