Default A Question About Star Wars Battlefront

Hi

I recently bought Star Wars Battlefront for PS4 and there is something I'm wondering. I really want to buy the Season Pass for the game but I will only play the single player mode since I don't like playing games online. Is it still worth getting the Season Pass or is it only really for the online mode?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

...Battlefront has a single-player mode?
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Yeah, they added a single player mode about six months after release.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I haven't actually gotten round to playing it yet - too many games to catch up with since I nabbed it in the sales- but as I understand it single player consists of...

- Training Missions, basically the closest to a Story Mode SW:BF has right now.
    - Survival Missions where you play as the Rebels and have to survive waves of Imperial forces. I know there one each for the original four planets - Tattoine, Hoth, Endor and Sullust. Not sure if any of the DLC planets or locations have one.
    - I believe a fair number of modes now have a single player version. Hero Assault and Walker Assault definitely. Not certain about the others.
    - The VR Mission for Rogue One is apparently single player too.

Ultimately I think Multiplayer was far more the focus, but the sequel is apparently going to have a campaign akin to Battlefield 1's incarnation, apparently playing out through multiple eras. I'm hoping this means the Prequels as well as the original trilogy and the Force Awakens era, but I'm not going to hold my breath about getting to have my beloved clones vs droids fun for BF again.

If you can or haven't yet, you might want to check out the older Battlefront II game, released around the time of "Sith". Sure, the graphics are dated now but it's got an interesting campaign mode where you play as a member of the 501st, Darth Vader's personal stormtrooper unit, and fight from the clone wars until Endor.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I played that game. Had to get rid of it recently since I sold my PS2.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Finally had a go on this last night, have to say it's a beautiful game but the single player is fairly limited and virtually nothing from the season pass can be played single player, including the Death Star attack and the Rogue One campaign. That said I had a go on Survivor Mode on Tattoine and that was hella fun. They really managed to make the idea of one single terrified Rebel up against an AT-ST Walker an intimidating experience, especially when you hear it approach and it gradually gets louder and louder... scary.