Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I kinda love how Tomasi and Gleason intentionally heighten the family anniversary and Jon's gifts to them. Cause I mean, everyone here knows that it's purposefully heightened for the sake of contrast with the rest of the issue/arc, right?

I mean Tomasi and Gleason go out of their way to remind us the distinguishing characteristics of Superman's new life. And special attention is payed to Jon and what he brings to Lois and Clark (made literal by him giving them gifts on their anniversary). It's supposed to look like a Lifetime original movie so the events of Reborn can through it into chaos, and have Clark have to claw it back into being. This intentional high contrast seems pretty obvious, to me.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-26-2017 at 08:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This reads like a farce. It's far beyond kitschy Hallmark Channel dialogue. I don't think they're going for a David Lynch feel, I think this is how they're just writing Lois Lane and Clark Kent? Is this still Lois Lane and Clark Kent? I've never come across a "Lois Lane" like this one. I'm waiting for the reveal that these are simulations that are holding this little boy hostage in a deranged sort of saccharine world and the real Superman is going to arrive and bust him out.

I really cannot stand how any of the characters look, either. Gleason is solid, but something about this is just too much.
    By your own admission you dropped all the Super books, so why do you come to threads and criticize again and again?

Incredible Member

Mystery Clark can't be Henshaw, he's one of the guys at the Fortress in Action. I have no idea who he really is, but if he is Prime, why doesn'the show any sign of powers when Superman te asted him a few months ago? Also I might be in the minority. but I like Jergens work on Action! I.ve always been a Lois fan, an while I enjoy Tomasi and Gleason's work on Superman, Lois is featured more in Actiom, so that' sbeen more of my book.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    By your own admission you dropped all the Super books, so why do you come to threads and criticize again and again?
    Probably because he loves Superman, but hates this incarnation of Superman and the superson and whatnot. So, he keeps checking in hoping that they've gone back to something closer to the Superman and the format he loved. Or at least not made things worse.

I think we all "get" that they aren't going back to the New52 Superman, even though many of us wish it were otherwise, but there is a middle ground between that and *this*. Opposite extremes. Overcorrection. This is really cheesy stuff, even if you are just looking at it relative to the Post-Crisis Superman's average over his 25 years prior to the New52.

I mean, personally, I dearly wish they'd just bring back the New52 Superman, but they can do better than they are doing right now without necessarily switching Supermen again. Whatever Reborn is seems to be the perfect time to tweak some things.

The people who complain are not complaining because they are Batman fans or Marvel fans or whatever and trying to troll, they're complaining because they love Superman and they want better for these comics.

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    so very true

and yes...SuperJon does indeed suck
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They could launch a sitcom with laugh tracks about Superdad and his family.
    I'd say it reminds me of Full House, but that wouldn't be fair to Full House.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I kinda love how Tomasi and Gleason intentionally heighten the family anniversary and Jon's gifts to them. Cause I mean, everyone here knows that it's purposefully heightened for the sake of contrast with the rest of the issue/arc, right?

I mean Tomasi and Gleason go out of their way to remind us the distinguishing characteristics of Superman's new life. And special attention is payed to Jon and what he brings to Lois and Clark (made literal by him giving them gifts on their anniversary). It's supposed to look like a Lifetime original movie so the events of Reborn can through it into chaos, and have Clark have to claw it back into being. This intentional high contrast seems pretty obvious, to me.

The problem is, after those 10 pages, I'm pretty much ready to agree with whomever mystery Clark is and root for him to succeed in whatever his evil plan is and take over the Superman mantle from the other guy. They laid that on way too thick.

Is there any possibility that it's intentional and they are trying to remind some of us why we don't like SuperDad and family to get an audience ready for a two Supermen scenario with New52 Superman starting a new title? I wish I could believe that.

Okay guys, that's unnecessary. If he doesn't like something that you like then just ignore him. Flash hardly post on here anyway. No need to chase someone away for just speaking their mind. And for the record, I love the new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    They laid that on way too thick.
    That was the point. Notice I said "high contrast." It's supposed to be idealized.

Incredible Member

I think it can be New52 Supes without being disrespectful. Its quite clear that if its New52 Supes, he's not quite in his sane mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    Mystery Clark can't be Henshaw, he's one of the guys at the Fortress in Action.
    Just to clarify.

When people speculate that Mystrey Clark is Henshaw, they are referring to Pre-Flashpoint Henshaw, somehow having eneterd the New 52 Universe.

While it is overly mushy in this preview (we get it, they love their kid, don't need to hug him every 10 seconds, yeesh), according to future solicitations suggest that there is gonna be a lot more drama and conflict within the Kent within the next arcs, and probably within this one too, so it'll balance out. Just the calm before the storm. Not that it'll matter to the "not muh superman" crowd.

BANNED

Probably because he loves Superman, but hates this incarnation of Superman and the superson and whatnot. So, he keeps checking in hoping that they've gone back to something closer to the Superman and the format he loved. Or at least not made things worse.

I think we all "get" that they aren't going back to the New52 Superman, even though many of us wish it were otherwise, but there is a middle ground between that and *this*. Opposite extremes. Overcorrection. This is really cheesy stuff, even if you are just looking at it relative to the Post-Crisis Superman's average over his 25 years prior to the New52.

I mean, personally, I dearly wish they'd just bring back the New52 Superman, but they can do better than they are doing right now without necessarily switching Supermen again. Whatever Reborn is seems to be the perfect time to tweak some things.

The people who complain are not complaining because they are Batman fans or Marvel fans or whatever and trying to troll, they're complaining because they love Superman and they want better for these comics.
    That would be acceptable if the person in question was actually following those books, Clementine criticizes them plenty too, infact he criticizes the books much harsher but he actually reads them. A person who doesn't even read something, admits to dropping the books but still criticizes something again and again cant have any of what you posted applying to them. There are solicits out there, covers, breaking headlines when books undergo creative shifts and status quo changes kinda easy to look at those instead of jumping in to a discussion thread.

for the record, I'm still thinking the escaped Prisoner is N52 Lois Lane

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    That would be acceptable if the person in question was actually following those books, Clementine criticizes them plenty too, infact he criticizes the books much harsher but he actually reads them. A person who doesn't even read something, admits to dropping the books but still criticizes something again and again cant have any of what you posted applying to them. There are solicits out there, covers, breaking headlines when books undergo creative shifts and status quo changes kinda easy to look at those instead of jumping in to a discussion thread.
    I totally agree with SuperCrab . I hate the way Superman is being portrayed and want to stop following him but cant because I love the character and stick around hoping that someday I will get back the hero that I remember, the hero who got me into comics in the first place. Darkseidpwns I have to disagree with you. I dont think that someone most read a whole arc or series to have an opinion. I can read little bits here and there and know if what I am reading meshes or not with my childhood character. It's like saying that you can't comment on a salad until you finish it when you already know that you hate the dressing from the first two bites.
    Last edited by W8IN4KAL-EL; 02-27-2017 at 12:16 AM.