Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by W8IN4KAL-EL View Post
    ..AND that's why he ISN'T the Superman that I grew up reading...Do not even care how much they say that it is...
    and SuperJon still sucks.
    Well, if you feel that strongly and don't really want to be convinced... then, no offense... but maybe it's time you took a break? I did in 2011. Maybe in a few years you'll see things that make you want to come back.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member

Just read the issue. So many questions. Obviously, you know who is coming back, but...I'm more worried about what's going to happen to Superman and Lois. So, the scrapbook is definitely Superman and Lois's life as they remembered it, but how much of it will be there later on?

"Clark" is also making me scratch my head. How the hell does he know Krypto? How did he get ahold of a scrapbook filled with their memories? Is he the escapee?

Is all of this just to have him have all the same experiences/continuity before Flashpoint but remove the trunks from that continuity? Do they really hate the trunks that much?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-01-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    If I recall correctly, SuperDad was actually giving this tour *during* the Solar Superman attack. He grabbed Lois and Jon in the middle of the battle and flew them to his mountain fortress for safekeeping, but instead of flying back to rejoin the battle, he just casually hung around and gave the family a walking tour of his home away from home. I think he may have gotten into an argument with Lois at some point. Meanwhile, the real New52 Superman and Batman were fighting off Solar Superman by themselves. I get that SuperDad had to put his family first (Although I feel this compromises him somewhat relative to the traditional Superman), but he could have hit the ground in the fortress, let go as soon as their feet touched the ground, and flew back into action, and he didn't. It was really something that I was actually almost mad about until I took a deep breath and said "This is just a comic book. Relax.". But it was a pretty pathetic display from a guy who calls himself Superman.

I didn't even get the sense that SuperDad didn't want to help for specific reasons, I got the sense that he just didn't *care*. His family was safe, and so he moved on to doing something else- with his family- not concerned about the outcome of the other Superman and Batman. That's not Superman to me. The real Superman would have gone back into the fight.
    Superdad was fighting the solar Superman when Diana, Nuperman and Batman arrived. When they reached there, he heard his wife crying for help seeing her house destroyed. Flark flew back to his house, took his wife and son to a safe place, his mountain fortress. It's not like he stayed there forever. After telling his wife what the whole place is, he went back to help Nuperman. When Nuperman couldn't take solar Superman outside earth, it was Superdad who did the job. Superdad refused to leave after that and wanted to help fix the problem. Nuperman had to sucker punch Superdad back to earth to get rid of him. Superdad caught Nuperman when the latter was falling down weakened. In Superman Rebirth, he said that he wasn't going to let Nuperman die at the hands of solar Superman, no matter what the personal cost. He cared for the Nearth as much as Nuperman or any other heroes. Despite being weakened, he rescued Henshaw fearing the destruction of another Coast City. Nightwing rebirth 9 showed us that Superdad has been preemptively monitoring for threats he had experience with such as SBP, Solaris, Doomsday etc, in case they show up on his new Earth. We can see reports of many things Flark did to help the earth in newspaper clippings Lois has been keeping since her husband started working. He is still what he used to be, a Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Just read the issue. So many questions. Obviously, you know who is coming back, but...I'm more worried about what's going to happen to Superman and Lois. So, the scrapbook is definitely Superman and Lois's life as they remembered it, but how much of it will be there later on?

"Clark" is also making me scratch my head. How the hell does he know Krypto? How did he get ahold of a scrapbook filled with their memories? Is he the escapee?

Is all of this just to have him have all the same experiences/continuity before Flashpoint but remove the trunks from that continuity? Do they really hate the trunks that much?
    Clark can't be the escapee if you ask me. Oz was shocked when he found that one of his prisoners has escaped [Superman #18]. If it was this Clark, I think Oz would have tried to take him back when he first appeared in 'Path of Doom' arc. In fact, Oz was having fun seeing the plight of Superman & his family in that whole story. His only focus was on capturing Doomsday. He didn't seem to care for Clark.

BANNED

I'm assuming the person that escaped was the same prisoner Oz was talking to in John's Superman run.