Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Speaking of Isis, and of characters who got the poo as time went on, not only was Isis a cool character in her own right, but I also loved Amon/Osiris. I loved how he tied both his sister and brother (in all but law) together as their own little family, and how those two humanized Black Adam in the best way possible.

Osiris also had it bad, though, especially how he fell into one bad luck streak after another, tried to become a Teen Titan, but prior unfortunate events painted him as too "potentially evil" that he was turned away, only to later be mercilessly killed off by someone he thought was his best friend, while tricked into being de-powered at the time, too, so he was humiliated twice deep.

Then he got a positive sign when he was one of the few Black Lanterns who wasn't irredeemably evil, and got the to close things out with Sobek to boot. He even came back! But despite his lofty higher calling, he just ended up descending into villainy. Than the New 52 came and he was gone.

I think it was in a collect 52 book that I borrowed from the library where I read this, but apparently, it was mentioned that one of the writers had it out for Osiris. That may or may not explain why he was used and abused as he was, in part or in full. Either way, it's pretty depressing; there are a ton of unfortunate implications that are abound with Amon and his treatment.

(They weren't consistent with his costume's design either. I liked the version that covered him completely, including the hands but sans the head, and that didn't have the gold forearm and calf bands, that he wore first, but the artists couldn't decide if that was his look, or if he was supposed to look like Black Adam but not as burly.)

Isis didn't have it much better, either.

On another note, I've said before how I wished DC would bring back Colin Wilkes and acknowledge how he was Damian's first same-aged friend, even before the likes of Maps, Maya, and now Kon.

I guess I have a lot of lesser know characters I really like.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 03-09-2017 at 04:24 PM.