Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I don't know if he counts, but I've been a huge mark for Killer Moth from Batman ever since encountering him as the first boss of the Batman NES game. What continues to intrigue to this day is that Sunsoft chose this pretty obscure Batman villain to showcase as the opening boss to what was, at the time, the biggest Batman video game.

Also, the first stage theme "Streets of Desolation" should seriously be a big Batman song, like the 60s show theme song, and Elfman and Zimmer's themes. If Sunsoft owns the rights to it, WB should buy them.
    Love Killer Moth! With all the extreme anti-batman types cranked out over the decades, he really was the first. Literally reinvents himself to be the antithesis Batman, from his MO to his arsenal full of trickedout themed gadgets, to the mothmobile, moth-cave, moth-signal etc. all re-purposed to help criminals instead. Just that he chose a Moth theme LOL!, and some outrageously garish colors.: p

Although there has been attempts of redesign. From more visually moth-like, to sleeker armored looks., still could never get away from - wait you chose a moth theme? LOL!
    I remember when the more purple and silver Django Fett was revealed thinking this is where they should be subtly swiping from, with the jet pack swapped for mechanical wings, wrist mounted zip-line, twin-holstered sidearms etc. with the Mando TV show it becomes even more obvious, played right, they could have the not so subtle equivalent of an ongoing Batman vs Mandalorian rivalry playing out in their books.

Last edited by Güicho; 10-04-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    ...the League of Super-Assassins...
    LOL Superboy, does he really think they'd be coming to join?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-06-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Kicking down somebody's door was a pretty standard superhero group applicant opening move back in the day.

Atomic Skull
    Skyrocket
    Jade
    Fire
    The Doom Patrol
    Elongated Man
    The Question (Sage)
    Phantom Stranger
    The Spectre
    Gypsy
    Maxima

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

I had this book when I was a kid. Great memories.

Ultimate Member

To be fair to Kal, Blok actually did end up joining.

(If only it was someone with a more interesting power, like Lazon or Neutrax!)

I would nominate The General. He's a mass murderer, but has a mind for military tactics.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

My list:

Air Wave
    Baron Blizkreig
    Dr. Light(Kimiyo Hoshi)
    Dr. Phosphorus
    Flamebird(Bette Kane)
    Golden Eagle
    Hessia
    Osira
    Queen Clea
    Red Panzer
    Sargon the Sorcerer
    The Wizard
    Vulcan Son of Fire
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I could also have a field day talking about lesser known Legion members.
    Let’s do that. Chemical King and, although not a member, Tharok.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Let’s do that. Chemical King and, although not a member, Tharok.
    Oh goodness, so many actual Legionnaires, including rarely seen or mentioned folk like Karate Kid 2 (Myg) or Tyroc or newer/ish Legionnaires like Tellus or Dragonwing, or Rebooters like Dragonmage or Kid Quantum 2, or Threebooters like Dream Boy or Gazelle, but also Academy students like Nightwind and Crystal Kid and Laurel Kent, and members of other future-teams like Quantum Queen and Gas Girl, and random future villains like Lazon and the Emerald Empress. There's just so many cool characters!

Plus the not-uncommon folk like Shadow Lass, obviously.

And, the characters that never were, because DC didn't pull the plug on them, like Wolverine and Nightcrawler and Belladonna and Trio.

Let’s not forget Wildfire. Coupled with Starfire and Blackfire.
    They really liked using “fire” as a suffix for codenames.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have always liked Bushido from the Teen Titans even though he never got a lot of page times before being killed off. I liked that he was weapon expert with the souls of the weapons former masters sealed in them that guided Ryuku in battle.

Even though I'm a year that image late and your explanation of this character is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    Here's a couple.

The Creeper
    Attachment 45861

Blue Devil
    Attachment 45862
    Privateer, Star Tsar, and Leviathan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Even though I'm a year that image late and your explanation of this character is really cool.
    Bushido was one of those character who were technically before my time but that I took an instant liking and attachment to. It was a supreme and disgusting disservice to his character that they killed him off at all, but especially how they did it. And it's also kinda suspect how no one has ever made amends to rectify this, in spite of ample opportunity to have done so multiple times over by now.

But no, we apparently can't have a badass Japanese male youth be a hero or be present or nothing.

Is Blue Devil lesser-known enough? I like old-school, 1980s Blue Devil. But then he got makeover and background ret-con and more angst added in.