the sea devils
    rip hunter and the time masters
    cave carson and his team of explorers

Silver St. Cloud
    Argent
    Godiva
    Rocket Red
    Arkillo
    Batwing (The African one I forgot his name)

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I started thinking about and it was not just one character but an entire rouges gallery from one hero. Hardly any of the baddies from the old Firestorm book every get used anywhere outside of Killer Frost. A writer who likes to update villains like Johns or Morrison could have a field day with all the untapted potential there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I started thinking about and it was not just one character but an entire rouges gallery from one hero. Hardly any of the baddies from the old Firestorm book every get used anywhere outside of Killer Frost. A writer who likes to update villains like Johns or Morrison could have a field day with all the untapted potential there.
    I definitely want to see more of Multiplex or the Hyena(s). It could even be a running gag that the Hyena(s) keep 'getting killed,' but, due to a supernatural regeneration clause, keep coming back to life, because they can only be permanently killed by some special means (which they lie and let some think might be silver bullets or blades, but isn't...).

Fantastic Member

Midnighter. Definitely Midnighter! I must have more Midnighter!!!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

So whats lesser known? Anyone who hasn't been in TV and film? Then thats way too many. Anyway, off the top of my head: Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Jade, Obsidian, Shadow Lass (I just love blue people) Dawn Star, Phantom Lady and the Outsiders. I'm sure there's more but I cant think of any right now. Oh, wait... Firestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    DC's extensive and exquisite collection of lesser known characters is one of the things that makes the company shine. I'll always love these guys:

EDIT - Sorry, the OP also asked for reasons why you love the less famous characters so.

The Metal Men - A group of robots created by genius scientist Dr. Will Magnus. Each robot is powered by a 'responsometer' and takes on the abilities and personalities of different metallic elements. Constantly bickering, occasionally dysfunctional but ultimately coming through as a 'family' if you will. This is an example of DC Comics at it's most brilliantly quirky.

I could also have a field day talking about lesser known Legion members.
    I've never read them outside of a guest appearance and an entry in Who's Who but I always liked the idea and look of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

http://community.comicbookresources....-DC-team/page4

Although they'd need some major thematic and visual upgrades.
    Yeesss.

Whoops! Deleted! Wrong thread!
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-23-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    So whats lesser known? Anyone who hasn't been in TV and film? Then thats way too many. Anyway, off the top of my head: Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Jade, Obsidian, Shadow Lass (I just love blue people) Dawn Star, Phantom Lady and the Outsiders. I'm sure there's more but I cant think of any right now. Oh, wait... Firestorm.
    I thought Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and Guy Gardner are pretty popular. Same as Firestorm who has been in Legends of Tomorrow or whatever it is called

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Red Tornado

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I thought Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, and Guy Gardner are pretty popular. Same as Firestorm who has been in Legends of Tomorrow or whatever it is called
    same here.

maybe not as well known by people who don't follow comic books? so i guess, i'd go for the jli...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Well, thats what I think but I saw others posting characters like Spectre and Mister Miracle, ones I saw as popular myself so i figured the OP meant mainstream popular. I admit I haven't been keeping up with more newer comic related TV and film so I don't know what other characters were brought in outside of the usual major players. I really have to catch up, with comics as well (after I'm done doing it with the Marvel stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    same here.

maybe not as well known by people who don't follow comic books? so i guess, i'd go for the jli...
    Yeah, that's how I decided.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Bloodwynd is an odd duck. Necromancy and death-related powers tend to get assigned to villains, instead of heroes (barring the occasional exception like Deadman), so it was a neat choice. Tying him to Nommo/Dr. Mist in some way was a neat notion, although I haven't read too much about it. Like Kid Eternity, he offers the chance to 'use' dead characters without resurrecting them, as he can speak to / conjure the spirits of the dead.

He's got great potential for solving murders, obviously, and would be ridiculously plot-wrecking in some storylines;

Superman "Hey, who killed all these heroes at the rehab clinic in the midwest? What a mystery! Surely, this will take a year or so to resolve!"
    Bloodwynd "Let me ask them."
    Superman "I thought that mystery would take longer..."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Bloodwynd is an odd duck. Necromancy and death-related powers tend to get assigned to villains, instead of heroes (barring the occasional exception like Deadman), so it was a neat choice. Tying him to Nommo/Dr. Mist in some way was a neat notion, although I haven't read too much about it. Like Kid Eternity, he offers the chance to 'use' dead characters without resurrecting them, as he can speak to / conjure the spirits of the dead.

He's got great potential for solving murders, obviously, and would be ridiculously plot-wrecking in some storylines;

Superman "Hey, who killed all these heroes at the rehab clinic in the midwest? What a mystery! Surely, this will take a year or so to resolve!"
    Bloodwynd "Let me ask them."
    Superman "I thought that mystery would take longer..."
    That's really interesting.

Instead of Batman, Constantine or Zatanna or Dr Fate might be better suited in figuring out who the killer is.