Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Tyroc for sure

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Pretty much all the other Titans that are used for fodder.

I really want Mal, Karen, Gnarrk classic Duela, and Lilith to always be around. Also Bette.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Onyx
    Fury (Lyta Hall)
    The Creeper
    Sapphire Stagg
    Black Orchid
    Triumph
    Pantha
    Phobia
    Superwoman
    Extraño
    Flamebird
    Ya'Wara
    Rima
    El Dorado
    Doctor Polaris
    The Wonder Twins
    Last edited by WonderScott; 02-10-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Captain Comet (esp the iteration of the character from SSoV)

Enemy Ace

Frankenstein

someone also mentioned Scare Tactics - I'd have to agree. That was a fun book.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Captain Comet (esp the iteration of the character from SSoV)

Enemy Ace...
    Big Fan of both of these

Incredible Member

Tenzil Kem
    Jack Knight
    Cliff Steele.
    Conor Hawke
    Last edited by bearman; 02-10-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Blue Devil

Vic Sage

Oilman The outsiders version

Ralph Dibney

The Others

Wild Dog

William Randolph Wintergreen

Blue Beetle
    Booster Gold
    Orion
    Adam Strange
    Animal Man
    Robot Man

As far as villains
    Mxyzptlk
    Mongul
    Psycho Pirate
    Zsasz
    Major Disaster

Element Woman- A fun and interesting character that DC should do more with.

Enemy Ace- He is one of DC's more morally complex characters and he should be used way more than he is currently.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    I recently became interested in Flamebird and Kid Devil
    For me, Kid Devil/Red Devil is one of my relatively recent new favorites, too. I wasn't reading comics when he was contemporary back in the 2000's, but I did read some now- old stuff with him in it (library trades, I think), and I enjoyed his character in them. Looked him up, and I came to love his backstory. He also looked cool and had a cool power set, and plus I appreciated the proactive measures he took to gain his powers. Don't always get heroes like that, especially those not wearing some kind of armor or gadget. Usually, explicit power-seekers are treated in the vein of "ambition is evil", and are usually evil, morally gray/in the wrong, or otherwise overtly or covertly "punished" by the story for seeking out the power. His friendships with Zachary Zatara, Blue Beetle, and (I think) Static were all pretty cool.

Not a fan of how he went out, getting de-powered and then offed like he did. Looked too much like the above "punishment" thing I mentioned. Supposedly he was meant to come back, re-powered, in a storyline, but, also supposedly, the New 52 "dashed" that.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have always liked Bushido from the Teen Titans even though he never got a lot of page times before being killed off. I liked that he was weapon expert with the souls of the weapons former masters sealed in them that guided Ryuku in battle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have always liked Bushido from the Teen Titans even though he never got a lot of page times before being killed off. I liked that he was weapon expert with the souls of the weapons former masters sealed in them that guided Ryuku in battle.

Bushido is another really cool hero I learned of in hindsight. His backstory was pretty tight, as I recall . He's also one of only a handful of Asian Heroes, and especially Japanese Heroes. (Could use more Asian/Japanese and Asian/Japanese American Heroes. I wish New Super-man and the Justice League of China was still ongoing. ) Ryuku really didn't get much page-time as a Titan, though, did he? And the way he was killed off was inglorious and ultra tacky; you could tell the writers thought nothing of him with how disrespectfully he was killed, or that he was killed at all in the first place (killing off your company's only real Japanese Hero wouldn't fly nearly so easily today as it did then).

Another oldie I discovered and fell in love with is Son of Vulcan/Vulcan, Miguel Devante. He even managed to show up in the New 52 for a brief time in the third issue of Suicide Squad's Most Wanted: El Diablo and Killer Croc. And he seemed to have implicitly been written as if his old history was in tact. (Granted, it was probably just them "renewing copyrights" since he wasn't there long, and he felt like he was only there to be a Spanish-speaking hero who could chase El Diablo for a bit, despite Mikey never speaking a lick of Spanish during his run or other subsequent Titans appearances...)

Mikey was cool, including looks, personality, and powers; I love his Knight's/Squire's armor! His story was pretty unique and lots of fun, essentially being at the right place at the right time (or maybe wrong place, wrong time, from his perspective back then) to go from 15 year-old orphan to 15 year-old squire to an esoteric hero to all-too-soon 15 year-old inheritor of an esoteric legacy. He kinda fell into that life, but over time decides he wants to be a hero. Mikey goes from side-kick to full-fledged hero, all in a mini's worth. It was fun stuff. Shame he was limboed, but at least he didn't die like the others. I think...

Hope they use him again soon, in earnest this time.

Adam Strange - my favorite DC Comics character.
    The Blackhawks
    The Freedom Fighters
    The Justice Society - have they returned from whatever limbo they were stuck in?
    The Metal Men
    Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman, Justice League.

My favorite film trilogy.