Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    The Blackhawks
    I thought Spielberg (who grew up a fan of the Kirk Alyn serial) was making a movie with them?
    What became of that?
    If it ever comes to pass they'll be a household name again.

Last edited by Güicho; 11-30-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I thought Spielberg (who grew up a fan of the Kirk Alyn serial) was making a movie with them?
    What became of that?
    If it ever comes to pass they'll be a household name again.

He optioned it, but won't start work on it until he finishes his remake of West Side Story, so it is going to be down the road a ways before we see anything else on this.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    He optioned it, but won't start work on it until he finishes his remake of West Side Story, so it is going to be down the road a ways before we see anything else on this.

-M
    I guess he's done several war er films, but never a Musical.
    f you'd told me at any time between 1979(1941 film), 1981(Indiana Jones) 1987(Empire of the Sun), 1993(Schindler's List), 1998(Saving Private Ryan), 2011( War Horse), and pretty much most everything he's done in the interim, that Spielberg would eventually get to a Blackhawks film, while all those coming first make sense, I would never have imagined that the final traverse before getting to Blackhawks would be a remake of the musical West Side Story.
    LOL!

Although I'm actually I'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-29-2020 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    The Justice Society - have they returned from whatever limbo they were stuck in?
    How sad is it, that they are considered obscure?

BANNED

Space Cabbie is a pretty interesting idea, and Amethyst is one of my favorite DC characters.

DC; we have no idea how to approach this character concept, how to market him, make him appealing or relevant to contemporary audience, he is so dated we just don't know what to do with him?
    Meanwhile right under their nose.... Pretty much he's Korben Dallas 40 years before there was one.
    Box-ofice hit, gross over $263 million, makes over three times its budget.
    Instead of just one story, every new fare could drop a new adventure into his lap every issue/arc. Yet DC completley clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Space Cabbie is a pretty interesting idea.

DC editors don't seem to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Amethyst is one of my favorite DC characters.
    This one I think they at least tried again.
    Even had some short animated features
    Likely could use a Wonder Woman crossover event to draw attention to her.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-28-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by fishing-for-birdie View Post
    DC easily has my favorite comic book universe of all time but I typically find that I prefer their lesser known characters to their more mainstream heroes.
    I am genuinely curious about what everyones favorite B list characters are and why.

I have a few that I really enjoy:

1. Swamp Thing - Easily my favorite comic book character of all time. He has great powers, a rich mythos and an interesting perspective on plant life.
    2. Animal Man - I love Animal Man because of his powers and his personality. I think he's a funny and stand up dude.
    3. Jonah Hex - Badass. Just pure badass. He's essentially the ultimate spaghetti western comic book character. Dude is rough, tough, mean, but he secretly has a heart of gold.
    heroes...

The Question (Vic Sage) - Outside of say the Huntress & Roy Harper, he's really the only sort of unorthodox rebel hero in a sea of straight laced ones. (Unless you count Lobo...egads!)
    Zattana - Female characters in comics generally take a back seat to men, but I've always had a fondness for DC's heroines.
    The Huntress - I suppose she gets exposure with the Birds of Prey, (Though I am not reading the current series so I do not know if she is there?)
    Red Arrow (Roy Harper) - Dick Grayson & Wally West got their own running series but Roy never quite made it there, doomed to teams, cameo's and mini series.
    Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) - I started collecting comics regularly when his series came out, I actually liked him more in that than the comedic version that followed in the JLA
    Bronze Tiger - Not a hero per say, but I just feels that this guy has so much potential
    The Shining Knight - I did a poll awhile back on your top 20 heroes....I was the only one who seemed to like him.
    Hawk & Dove - I remember playing make belief Hawk & Dove in my friends backyard as a child, and then the original Dove got nixed in the Crisis, so that was the end of that.
    The Legion of Super Heroes - the original version up to the early 90's
    The Ray - I remember getting a back issue from the 70's, and the only member of the Freedom Fighters that I though looked cool was the Ray
    The Global Guardians - When I was little I had a comic from the early 80's that had the Global Guardians featured as a back up story. I wanted to know so much more about these mystery heroes like Tazmanian Devil & Jack O Lantern
    Dr. Occult - Again I don't know where I first saw him, but I think he was destroying a vampire with his medallion, I thought cool
    Mr. Miracle - Almost forgot about him, fascinated with the escape artist routine.

Villians:

Gentleman Gym Ghost - When I was little I use to do make belief play of trying to fight against a ghost who could choke you to death

Captain Boomerang - Now I know it doesn't make much sense to have a Flash rogue who throws boomerangs at a guy with super speed, and that his pajama outfit with boomerangs on it has made him the laughing stock of millennials, but at one time or another he was really considered a bad arse. No really....he was!

[Beth Chapel] Dr. Midnight , [Yolanda Montez] Wildcat, [Rick Tyler] Hourman

Never imagined these three would ever get thrust into any kind of spotlight again.
    From three of the somewhat lesser celebrated Golden Age characters (Ted grant not withstanding). To three of their even lesser known legacy characters.
    So anyone on these "lesser known" lists, is always possible.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-30-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Also wonder if this new show can become a bit of a vehicle down the line to work Jade and Obsidian back into the spotlight.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-30-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    The Huntress - I suppose s
    And I guess it depends which one, cause Helena Wayne not so much.

Also the original Huntress Paula Brooks now Tigress, is going to be in the Star Girl series.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Original 7 soilders of victory
    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    The Shining Knight - I did a poll awhile back on your top 20 heroes....I was the only one who seemed to like him.
    This ^ DC original Severn Soldiers, predate Seven Samurai, Magnificent Seven, and DC's own Seven JL founders.
    Yet DC has completely forsaken them as ever having been a team?
    Although with some updates, with all the team building in the CW Universe's Team Arrow, as far as I know they've never even hommaged Arrows actual original Team.

As much as Oliver Queen himself and Speedy(Arsenal) have been modernized for a contemporary audience, all the others can easily be updated too;

We've seen Vigilante. Crimson Avenger DC's first masked hero has gotten updates and legacy characters in Jill Carlyle (make her his new "wingamn"), and Lee Travis himself easily translate to a modern street level hero.

- Stars and Stripes have been updated, through Star Girl, that leaves

Shining Knight, who honestly just needs to be reimagined as he was always a modern hero descendant (maybe a cop), who is granted and wields (powered by) the supernatural ancient sword.

Morrison's team was fun, but can easily take a different name; actually JL8, as he originally intended.
    Since posted, Bold above have even gotten their own show.

Maybe Shining Knight and the others will show up there too, I think I read somewhere the Seven Soldiers would be featured.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-03-2020 at 05:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

-The-Super-Men-(and-Women)-of-All-Planets

I am fond of several. Some have better costumes than others.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    -The-Super-Men-(and-Women)-of-All-Planets

I am fond of several. Some have better costumes than others.
    The-Super-Men-(and-Women)-of-All-Planets (That's great!

The Batmen of All Nations - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...d-Appreciation

and The Green Arrows of the World! - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-Thread
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-03-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

[Beth Chapel] Dr. Midnight , [Yolanda Montez] Wildcat, [Rick Tyler] Hourman

Never imagined these three would ever get thrust into any kind of spotlight again.
    From three of the somewhat lesser celebrated Golden Age characters (Ted grant not withstanding). To three of their even lesser known legacy characters.
    So anyone on these "lesser known" lists, is always possible.
    Are you going to watch the Stargirl tv show?

To answer the OP, for me, I would say Traci Thirteen, Natasha Irons and surprisingly Cir-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Are you going to watch the Stargirl tv show?
    Absolutely, I think it airs tonight!
    That this trio of "lesser known" characters (once all killed by lesser writers for shock value) are now getting a re-shot, is one of the reasons why, also gives me hope for many of the other obscure and lesser known characters in this thread.
    Really looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-18-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Arisia (Green Lantern) coolest under used GL
    Auron (Omega Men) loved the look and power set
    L.e.g.i.o.n. Vril Dox's answer to the Green Lantern Corps when it comes to interstellar law.
    Freedom Fighters, I loved the latest maxi series would love to see it as an ongoing
    Jade (Infinity Inc) great character lost because of DC editorial decisions, hopefully can return soon.