Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

From my time reading LSH, I really liked Laurel Kent (until they trashed her by revealing her to be a Manhunter), Duplicate Boy of the Heroes of Lallor and Dev-Em.

Snowflame. Too bad nothing can be done with him. Maybe a Vertigo or Black Label title

Astonishing Member

Metamorpho, Halo and Shadowthief.Also Inque although she only appeared in DC animations.

(random googled image for twins(yet look them up, interesting story)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Jade [& Obsidian] (Infinity Inc) great character lost because of DC editorial decisions, hopefully can return soon.
    I would love to see Jade & Obsidian get some spotlight again.
    I do wonder if the new StarGirl show that's re-purposing some of the "lesser known" Infinity Inc. characters as Jr.JSA, can similarly be used as a vehicle to bring in Jade & Obsidian.

I can see them brought into that universe, as brooding withdrawn teenage siblings (afraid of their own powers), as runaway types, or in Courtney's school.

Stargirl creator Geoff Johns confirmed the presence of two key Justice Society members -- Green Lantern and Flash -- in the series.
    With the Justice Society of America confirmed to play a major role in DC Universe's upcoming original series Stargirl, creator Geoff Johns has hinted that the presence of two of the Golden Age team's co-founders will be felt: Alan Scott and Jay Garrick.

The Golden Age Green Lantern and Flash have both been confirmed as part of the original JSA in the series, and while their legacies will loom over the new generation of superheroes, they may play even more prominent roles in the future.
    And exploring the mother reveal story arc -- (although maybe with a new spin on it)

Last edited by Güicho; 06-11-2020 at 11:52 AM.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Favs who are technically lesser known, tho appear in some mainstream stuff - Vixen, Katana, Giganta, Metal Men

Favs who are lesser known - Metamorpho, Engineer, Vibe, King Shark, Dawnstar, Black Orchid, Voodoo, Starling, Natasha Irons, Godiva

Favs who are pretty deep cuts - Khalis, Horsewoman, Exoristos, Al-Jabr, Calculus, Shay Veritas, Element Woman
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    From my time reading LSH, I really liked Laurel Kent (until they trashed her by revealing her to be a Manhunter), Duplicate Boy of the Heroes of Lallor and Dev-Em.
    If someone *really* wanted to, they could retcon the retcon, and say that the Manhunter robot was *lying* and that the real living Laurel Kent had been a real person, up to about when she got shot by that kryptonite bullet during an earlier storyline, at which point the robot swapped her out after her time in the hospital, and squirreled the real girl away in a stasis chamber in an underground base, in case it ever needed some fresh 'Laurel Kent DNA' for the purposes of it's impersonation. Then it blowed up, after telling everyone there was no 'real' Laurel Kent, leaving her stuck in stasis, with no one knowing to look for her.

Until explorers in the bowels of 'old Metropolis,' deep below the city, find a structure that bizarrely still has power...

She was a neat character, and a fun way to hint at the legacy of Kal-El continuing, ten centuries in the future. (Plus I liked the poncho!)

def39a5338f3c3603f60764f4ad9668b--dc-comic-comic-art.jpg

I was always a fan of Jim Harper Guardian. He was character in the Superman books in the early-to-mid 90s, that's how I got so exposed to him. But I liked his design, I liked the setting of him working for Cadmus, him being a clone, but having the same heart and goodness of the original.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    def39a5338f3c3603f60764f4ad9668b--dc-comic-comic-art.jpg

I was always a fan of Jim Harper Guardian. He was character in the Superman books in the early-to-mid 90s, that's how I got so exposed to him. But I liked his design, I liked the setting of him working for Cadmus, him being a clone, but having the same heart and goodness of the original.

True, DC editorial should be ashamed they can't make this Kirby creation (and Kirby's own epic revision of him) stick:
    Pretty much he was the Robocop(ish) visual of the DCU (before there ever was a Robocop) . Instead of into a robot body, into a meta-DNA enhanced clone body(he was Fett to Clone Trooper before there was a Fett); A mortally wounded good Cop "reborn" (in this case genetically) into a new body as a weapon, who embodies law enforcement, symbolically with a bombastic self-aggrandizing giant police badge as a shield, and helmet.
    Struggling with his own memories, of what, and who he was, and what they've turned him into.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-29-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If someone *really* wanted to, they could retcon the retcon, and say that the Manhunter robot was *lying* and that the real living Laurel Kent had been a real person, up to about when she got shot by that kryptonite bullet during an earlier storyline, at which point the robot swapped her out after her time in the hospital, and squirreled the real girl away in a stasis chamber in an underground base, in case it ever needed some fresh 'Laurel Kent DNA' for the purposes of it's impersonation. Then it blowed up, after telling everyone there was no 'real' Laurel Kent, leaving her stuck in stasis, with no one knowing to look for her.

Until explorers in the bowels of 'old Metropolis,' deep below the city, find a structure that bizarrely still has power...

She was a neat character, and a fun way to hint at the legacy of Kal-El continuing, ten centuries in the future. (Plus I liked the poncho!)
    YES!!

Still on LSH, I also enjoyed the Subs from their Special issue and appearing with Supes and Ambush Bug in Action Comics. There were some interesting characters and the comedy element really suited the team.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Dead man and phantom stranger.

Did I mention Ambush Bug yet?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    YES!!

Still on LSH, I also enjoyed the Subs from their Special issue and appearing with Supes and Ambush Bug in Action Comics. There were some interesting characters and the comedy element really suited the team.
    On the one hand, it was amusing that Polar Boy and Fire Lad got re-envisioned to have ice and fire on their heads, and a part of me wanted to go wild with it and have Night Girl wear sparkles in her hair so it had a 'starfield' look (like Star Boy's costume), Color Kid put a splash of rainbow colors in his hair, Stone Boy turned his hair permanently into stone, and Chlorophyll Kid wore a potted plant on his head.

On the other hand, I was annoyed about the change to Polar Boy, since he was explicitly from a super-hot planet where everyone had to use their cold powers just to survive, and was introduced wearing a furry parka. *He was obviously always cold on earth.* And now, because someone thought it 'looked cool,' he's got a block of ice on his head... Even for someone who *wasn't* always cold on earth, that would cause the most terrible head-cramps / brain-freeze, but for Brek, it just seemed like the writer had no idea who he was writing for.

And yeah, some fun characters. It was cool that, towards the end, both Polar Boy and Night Girl sort of graduated to the main team (one on-panel, and one sort of sneakily assumed to have become part of the team off-screen in the retroboot, along with Chameleon Girl). Heck, even Infectious Lass was called 'a Legionnaire' at one point (during her adventures in the 'modern day')!

One of the most obscure Legion era characters, I'd love to see developed further is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    SOLJER ..................................REANIMATED!

Dude's got a great look, great (catchy) name, and great premise. He should "live" to fight again.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    DC also acquired Wildfire from Quality, but has only featured her in JSA: The Golden Age and JLA: Destiny so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Plastic Man probably works most effectively when he’s drawn in a spontaneous, yet hardcore manner, like how Jack Cole drew him.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    Kid Eternity
    They've tried relaunching him a few times, with limited success.
    I think they should ... connect [Kid Eternity] to a few of the other neglected classic Quality Comic characters.
    Although separate from the Freedom Fighters who are already their own team) .

Maybe develop him on a team book with:

Plasticman
    Alias the Spider
    Firebrand
    Invisible Hood
    Lady Luck
    Madame Fatal
    Neon the Unknown
    Quicksilver (as Max Mercury)
    Raven
    The Red Bee
    Torchy
    Wildfire (Carol Vance Martin) reintroduce her.
    I see the lapsed Quality characters are finally getting some love in the new thread, gonna share them here too!
    And reiterate, they really should make a Quality-Team (Separate from the Freedom Fighters) with several of the underutilized characters:

Could make their own Quality League, some very loose analogs:

Plasticman (for Superman only in as much as he's their most recognizable, and he does sometimes have the spit-curl!)
    Wildfire (Carol Vance Martin) for Wonder Woman
    Alias the Spider (for Green Arrow)
    Lady Luck (for Black Canary)
    Neon the Unknown (for Green Lantern )
    Quicksilver (as Max Mercury) for The Flash
    Invisible Hood (for Martian Manhunter)
    Spider Widow & the Raven (for Hawkwoman & Hawkman
    Firebrand
    Madame Fatal (She really is her own, the first gender bending hero)
    Kid Eternity (for Zatanna
    The Red Bee (for Batman LOL!)
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-05-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Let's see . . .

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), Booster Gold, Fire, Ice, Hawk & Dove (Hank and Dawn), Metamorpho, Elongated Man (and Sue), Bat Lash, Robby Reed (Dial "H" for Hero), Vigilante (Greg Saunders), OMAC (both Buddy Blank and Kevin Kho), The Ray (Raymond Terrill), Damage (Grant Emerson), Atom (Ryan Choi), Starman (Jack Knight), Bat Lash, The '96 Teen Titans (Joto, Risk, Argent and Prysm), Cyclone, The Forever People, Bouncing Boy (yes, just him. Not the rest of the Legion), Secret, Arrowette, Empress, The Ravers (Sparxx, Half-Life, Hero Cruz, Aura, Kaliber)
    Last edited by AdamFTF; 06-05-2020 at 04:30 PM.