Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Bilal Asselah, aka Nightrunner from Batman Inc.

Chris Kent and Thara Ak-Var, Nightwing and Flamebird.

Linda Danvers.

Lyta Trevor aka Fury

Does Garth/Tempest count as lesser known? Well, I'm counting him

Golden Age Sandman, w/ the gas mask, is an incredibly cool character. Sandman Mystery Theatre was fantastic.
    Terra-Man and his flying horse
    Dr. Mid-Nite and his owl
    Streaky the super cat
    The Metal Men

Ultimate Member

Of Teen Titans you rarely ever see, Golden Eagle and Duela Dent/Joker's Daughter.

Pretty much the entire Legion of Super-Heroes probably counts as obscure, by now, but certainly those who aren't either the three founders or Brainy. I'd love to see more of Ultra Boy and Shadow Lass and the other non-Brainy, non-Founder Legionnaires.

The Young All-Stars, particularly Arn Munroe, Fury and Tsunami. The Power Company, especially Witchfire, Manhunter, Skyrocket and Striker Z. Many of the Global Guardians, but Doctor Mist, Tuatara, Olympian, Bushmaster, Green Fire (the one who had hot and cold flames and mystical illusion powers, before Giffen changed her) and Icemaiden, most of all.

Various All-Star Squadron members, like Air Wave or Amazing Man or Firebrand, definitely.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Air Wave
    Apache Chief
    Black Vulcan
    Flamebird(Bette Kane)
    Golden Eagle
    Joker's Daughter
    Phantom Lady
    Sargon The Sorcerer
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Walter West (The Dark Flash)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Charlotte Gage Radcliffe aka Misfit.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Argent - Toni Monetti

Jade

Spectacular Member

Grace (outsiders)

Swamp thing

Mordru

John Constantine (Vertigo) - I don't care about the tv show

The Forever People (Big Bear and Vykin especially)

Black Lightning - does he count as obscure?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Air Wave
    Apache Chief
    Black Vulcan
    Flamebird(Bette Kane)
    Golden Eagle
    Joker's Daughter
    Phantom Lady
    Sargon The Sorcerer
    Wow, great choices, and how did I forget Sargon the Sorcerer? He's one of my favorite magic-users, because he's so specific and limited and doesn't generally just do anything and call it magic. He's more like a standard superhero, in that regard, and more 'usable' narratively than someone who can literally do anything, or has a history of crazy feats that would make most traditional stories or challenges seem kind of beneath them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Many of the Global Guardians, but Doctor Mist, Tuatara, Olympian, Bushmaster, Green Fire (the one who had hot and cold flames and mystical illusion powers, before Giffen changed her) and Icemaiden, most of all.
    Agree

http://community.comicbookresources....-DC-team/page4

Although they'd need some major thematic and visual upgrades.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-29-2020 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Also, again not lesser known but woefully undervalued...Shazam! He might as well be lesser known, DC ultimately it seems just does not know what to do with him..too similar to Superman and Wonder Woman...
    Agree, although not that he's to similar to Superman and Wonder Woman. He's very much his own thing. Part of the problem is DC plays him as secondary to Superman, or they see and play him as competition to Superman, and this has been transmitted to fandom's perception of him. Which speaks to real world events and how they acquired him. He's always treated like he's visiting/joining Superman's world.
    They always seem to be scratching their heads trying to figure out- how do we make him fit in to DC, when they should be looking at how much he is already his own thing.

Speaking of - Lesser Known Characters -The character and world building at Fawcett was extensive, for example Captain Marvel/SHAZAM! doesn't need to join Superman's already established Justice League like some afterthought, he already had has own team.
    Developed right, they should rival the JL.

Updated Ms. Scarlet.

He doesn't need Superman or Batman to show him or give him the keys to defeat Sivanna or Teth Adam, these solutions should come from Billy, who has a history with his own great gallery of Rogues.
    Also terribly underused by DC.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-27-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Red Star
    Caitlin Fairchild
    Linda Danvers
    Fire
    Ice
    Thom Kallur

Captain Comet!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Red Tornado
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Tomorrow Woman- DC's pretty short on psychics's most of the time aside from Miss Martian and Martian Manhunter on the heroic side. Her sometimes robotic nature (which I prefer) is also an interest of mine since I love robots/AI's etc...

Ajax the Wonder-Man: I know he's just a one time Superman character but I love the idea of a Superman robot brought to life that has all his abilities but no weakness and what that might entail psychologically.

On the villainous side the Red King is honestly really amazing in his feats. He upgraded himself to a degree that he could battle the entire JLA and narrowly win in a full on fight, I love that.

Triumph; I love the concept of a great DC hero that just can't get a fair shake from his fellow heroes and how it can drive him insane. Plus as a man out of time it offers a lot of fun story concepts similar to an extent with how Rebirth is doing IE missing time/memories.