Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Huh.

http://www.steveniles.com/horror/page/24/

"Steve: I agree a 100%. I wanted to work at Marvel because I loved the characters, but my preference is to do creator-owned books. Mostly that's what I have done. DC was a bit different. They offered me a lot of freedom. With Simon Dark, Scott and I actually owned the character, but he lived in Gotham. I thought that was very cool of them to try."

Maybe something happened a few years after the book ended? But it sounds like he's co-owned by Scott and Steve and it was only two years after the book ended. Hmmm.
    I'm confused now. What the hell is going on with this character.

Never mind... I missed a post...
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-27-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm confused now. What the hell is going on with this character.
    It sounds like what I thought, mostly. Given the two statements it sounds like he's creator owned, but it sounds like Niles (and presumably Hampton) only has plans to use the character if he's over at DC, but DC and him can't come to some agreement about a follow-up.

TL;DR

The Knight family.

How can you not love these guys? They're basically the DC version of the Kennedy's. Ted was a brilliant scientist and hero. Sandra was a super-spy and.....actress? Socialite? Something. She eventually became the head mistress of the academy that trains the Phantom Ladies. Stormy was a celebrity and super-spy. Both of Ted's sons were heroes (though Jack was certainly more successful than his brother). Another Knight was the President of the United States until he was replaced by an Apokoliptean murder robot. And they've got connections (sometimes through marriage) to tons of other families and heroes, including Skyman, Stargirl, Damage, and Kate Spencer (I think?). Not to mention many of them have served on prestigious teams.

Damage (speaking of) was a great character. I really miss him, he was the best sort of culmination of convoluted 90's trends.

Kate Spencer.

Valor. I dont even remember what happened to him or when we last saw him. Was it really as long ago as WoNK?

Breach. Best Captain Atom rip-off ever. I really enjoyed his short-lived series; it was a great horror/thriller style title.

Aztek. That he (or she) hasn't returned yet is surprising. I'd have thought he'd be back before Vibe, at least.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I'll definitely second (or hundreth) Kate Spencer. Her book was a ton of fun. And she was pretty interesting. I don't think she ever quite worked on Birds of Prey though, and I'll be honest I remember never connecting that they were meant to be the same person when I saw her few appearances over there.

Cir-El and Misfit. I'd love for them to be a Supergirl and Batgirl duo. The two black sheeps of the names teaming up would be amusing as all heck.

I don't know how well his comic versions have been but I love Maxie Zeus (I know him largely from BTAS).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

I know Demon and Deadman, but who is the character in the 3rd image?

Fantastic Member

My personal favorite (and Geoff John's)... Stargirl!

Quote Originally Posted by TONNER99 View Post
    I know Demon and Deadman, but who is the character in the 3rd image?
    Manitou Raven former Justice League member.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    Was a fan of (if not the only) Black Condor back in the 90's

Not too sure I am on with how he has been treated since...
    Good choice. That book was a lot of fun. Shame it was so short.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Also, again not lesser known but woefully undervalued...Shazam! He might as well be lesser known, DC ultimately it seems just does not know what to do with him..too similar to Superman and Wonder Woman...I enjoyed the run he had as a back up story in early issues of New52 Justice League comic...Gary Frank's art was, as ever, amazing....

Jon
    The wizard who turned Billy Batson into Captain Marvel? Interesting choice :P

Mighty Member

Animal Man is my favorite DC character of all time.

Doom Patrol is my favorite DC Team, possibly favorite team, Grant Morrison's run is definitely my favorite comic of all time.

The Metal Men always make me happy.

Nelson Jent from Dial H, I can't believe they never picked that back up. I love everything about it.

I feel like it wouldn't be difficult at all for Etrigan to be way bigger than he is. Great character.

I have a soft spot for Simon Dark because it was my first DC comic and I thought, despite it's rushed conclusion, it was an excellent and interesting take on Frankenstein that was building a really cool lore.

While we're talking about characters DC doesn't/does/kind of own (I mean, Milestone doesn't seem interested in any other publisher), Hardware. Icon and Static get all the love, I'd put Hardware above Icon every single time.

And finally, gotta throw some love in for Plastic Man.
    Last edited by scribbleMind; 02-28-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Peacemaker
    Kid Eternity
    Air Wave

Misc. the original Checkmate Knights and the Darkstars
    Last edited by Scott Mateo; 02-28-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Tommy Monaghan (Hitman). I really enjoyed his series and he became one of my favourites.

Kimiyo Hoshi

Fire and Ice

Icon

Rocket

Some top favorite lesser known (to others) DC characters would be...

1. Flamebird (Bette Kane)
    2. Skyrocket (Celia Forrestal)
    3. Golden Eagle (Charley Parker /Ch'al Andar)
    4. Nightshade (Eve Eden)
    5. Peacemaker (Christopher Smith)
    6. Sarge Steel
    7. Son of Vulcan (Johnny Mann)
    8. Judomaster (Hadley "Rip" Jagger)
    9. Spy Smasher (Alan Armstrong)
    10. Owl Woman (Wenonah Littlebird)
    11. Arion (Ahri'ahn)
    12. Amazing-Man (William Everett III)
    13 Tarantula (Catalina Flores)
    14. Dr. Occult (Richard Occult)
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

son of batman.jpg

Maya Ducard(Nobody II), Goliath and maybe Suren Darga..

All characters of Robin: Son of Batman. The series was better than I expected and I like these characters.

Goliath is in TT and Maya returned in rebirth(superman 10-11).. Gleason(his creator) showed interest in develop more this character.. She appear in recent drawing of Gleason for appear one day in supersons...

Gleason calls Damian, Maya and Superdad Son, TINY TRINITY..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-28-2017 at 10:36 AM.