Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Worst of Humanity in the X-Books

While the X-Men have faced their share of evil mutants, mutates, dimensional entities, and other powerful enemies, they've also fought against a number of baseline humans. I'm curious who people think are the nastiest flatscans the X-Men have ever had to deal with.

Please limit this to baseline humans ONLY. No mutates or others who've been artificially enhanced IE Pierce or Sinister.

I'm going to put up two:

The first, for sheer scale, is Reverend Stryker, particularly due to his attacks against the Xavier School in Kyle and Yost's New X-Men. It takes a special kind of douchebaggery to deliberately target children, and his actions after M-Day still have an effect on both the X-Men AND readers, to the point that news the Purifiers would be returning in a big way in the forthcoming Generation X was met with criticism over the lack of the New X-Men in the book's cast.

I also float Zander Rice from Innocence Lost for being just plain personally reprehensible, despite not appearing outside the first two X-23 miniseries. Not only do we have all the things he did to X-23, but he also fathers a child with his boss's wife, (and it should be noted Sutter practically RAISED him) manipulated said boss into giving him total control over the project, and when his wife wanted to confess to the affair, conspires to have her, his boss, and HIS OWN SON murdered to silence her. To say nothing of selling X's services to the likes of Red Skull and Kingpin. Even worse, Rice doesn't have an excuse for any of this, aside from the flimsy justification that he's punishing X-23 for Logan killing his father. He's just a sadistic and manipulative sociopath.

Incredible Member

Oh well, Bolivar Trask is like the worst to me.

He's basicaly the trendstarter of the mutants' hate hysteria imo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lollie_poppy View Post
    Oh well, Bolivar Trask is like the worst to me.

He's basicaly the trendstarter of the mutants' hate hysteria imo.
    Didn't Trask ultimately have a change of heart and realize he was wrong, though? I thought he sacrificed his life to stop Master Mold after learning that the X-Men were trying to protect humanity. Or am I mixing him up with the 90s 'toon version?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Didn't Trask ultimately have a change of heart and realize he was wrong, though? I thought he sacrificed his life to stop Master Mold after learning that the X-Men were trying to protect humanity. Or am I mixing him up with the 90s 'toon version?
    no your right. he sacrificed himself to save his son Larry from sentinals cause his son was a mutant
    X-Men Forever

Amazing Member

Interesting thread. Aside of bad Magneto's propaganda, humans always was, are and will be the main thorn in the mutantkind side. Demons and terrorist groups go and gone away, but the hatred and prejudice of humans is eternal.

Stryker is number one, I don't think that is much of an argument.

The Leper Queen was pretty twisted in Kyle and Yost's X-Force.

Trask may have sought redemption but he still made sentinels and those still plague Mutants to this day.

This is more just focused on Wolverine but the Red Right Hand was a bunch of freaking monsters.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Wonder if Cameron Hodge counts. Yes, he was severely altered, but that seemed kind of immaterial to his power over Genosha.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

William Stryker, who is responsible for killing a lot of mutants, like Icarus, DJ, Quill and several other mutant kids. He must be the one rated with the biggest death-tole on mutants

Graydon Creed was the most dangerous one of all for sure. He was getting very close to be elected president, but then got murdered. If he was not killed, he would have had all the power to eliminate all mutants.

Bolivar Trask designed the Sentinels to hunt the mutants. But at that time, no Sentinel really killed any mutants (only in a possible future). So, while alive, I believe his death-tole is zero. But his legacy, the Sentinels, did.

Matthew Risman, the replacement of William Stryker on the Purifiers, he is the guy who killed Wallflower and was probably worse them Stryker himself. He was the one ordered the Purifiers to hunt down and kill the Messiah Baby in Messiah Complex.

Cameron Hodge and Stefan Lang were dangerous too, they all hated mutants and seriously wounded some of them. But were never a real threat to all mutants.

Leaper Queen, the only female human villain, was more successful. She was able to kill some mutants in her journey of hate towards mutants. She killed the Morlock Beautiful Dreamer and Fever Pitch, along with thousands of people. I believe she's the human with hatred towards mutants with the biggest death-tole.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 02-27-2017 at 02:50 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Common people who support all the mentioned above, who applaud their interventions in TV, who are their followers in Twitter, who vote them and put money in their projects instead of boycott them. Common people who start their talking with "I'm not racist, but--". Common people who spread messages of hatred while having breakfast in the bar. Common people in favor of border walls and in opposition to same rights to everyone. Common people who don't bring up their children into tolerance and solidarity, but into suspicion and self-interest.

People have the power.

Graydon Creed. Self-loathing son-of-a-bitch with political ambitions. He may have a lower body count than some, but he was the most dangerous in my mind.

And a special shout-out to all the bigoted parents who were so cold-blooded that they'd leave their kids to be buried by near strangers rather than claim the bodies after the Purifiers attacked Xavier's School.

BANNED

Keep in mind this doesn't have to just include people who've done ACTUAL damage or even have body counts. They may not have necessarily needed to do anything against mutants at all. IE, Stryker earns a mention as much because he demonstrates the worst sort of religious extremism — manipulation, cruelty, hatred, and self-righteousness under a veneer of faith — as he does for his actual actions.

The interesting thing about Risman is how much of his actions are because of what he truly believed, and how much was he really a victim of Stryker's manipulations? Had Stryker not used Nimrod's information of the future to save his family and lure him into his service, would he have still become the murderous zealot we know him as? The same could be asked of many of the top Purifiers who joined Stryker because of his manipulation of the timeline.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Does the red skull defiling Xavier's corpse and inserting fragments of Xavier's brain into his brain count? By the way which I still consider creepy and over the top.

Also the genosha genocide that was done by Cassandra nova's infulence over the mutant killing sentinels was quite grim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Does the red skull defiling Xavier's corpse and inserting fragments of Xavier's brain into his brain count? By the way which I still consider creepy and over the top.

Also the genosha genocide that was done by Cassandra nova's infulence over the mutant killing sentinels was quite grim.
    I don't think either of them qualify as an unaugmented baseline human.

The government of Genosha.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Common people who support all the mentioned above, who applaud their interventions in TV, who are their followers in Twitter, who vote them and put money in their projects instead of boycott them. Common people who start their talking with "I'm not racist, but--". Common people who spread messages of hatred while having breakfast in the bar. Common people in favor of border walls and in opposition to same rights to everyone. Common people who don't bring up their children into tolerance and solidarity, but into suspicion and self-interest.

People have the power.
    You raise a very good point. As bad as all those named villains are, none of them would have quite the incentive or encouragement to operate as they do without the masses of "common people" who believe they are fundamentally right in hating and fearing mutants. They wouldn't dare stain themselves with mutant blood, but they'd be more than happy to sit on the sidelines and watch (and perhaps even cheer) as more vicious bigots who actually have the courage of their convictions do the dirty "but necessary and just" work of eliminating mutants for them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.