Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Trish tilby also has contributed unintentionally to some measure in that she was ethically bound to bring forth existence of x men to the public despite their need of secrecy for operating. she also disclosed the name of the first human to be infected with the legacy virus which no doubt fomented anti mutant hysteria and which the beast saw as a act of betrayal and broke up with her.speaking of breaking up she was also responsible for emotionally scarrng beast for life when she broke with him in a most insensitive manner because she feared he may compromise her career during the phase of his secondary mutation. OK I exagerrate but it did lead to him loathing his mutation that much more as he was at a vulnerable period of his time unsure whether he was still a human and needed her love and support.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Trish tilby also has contributed unintentionally to some measure in that she was ethically bound to bring forth existence of x men to the public despite their need of secrecy for operating. she also disclosed the name of the first human to be infected with the legacy virus which no doubt fomented anti mutant hysteria and which the beast saw as a act of betrayal and broke up with her.speaking of breaking up she was also responsible for emotionally scarrng beast for life when she broke with him in a most insensitive manner because she feared he may compromise her career during the phase of his secondary mutation. OK I exagerrate but it did lead to him loathing his mutation that much more as he was at a vulnerable period of his time unsure whether he was still a human and needed her love and support.
    Maybe not the worst in terms of widespread damage to the mutant populace at large, but that is definitely horrible on a personal level.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe not the worst in terms of widespread damage to the mutant populace at large, but that is definitely horrible on a personal level.
    This is what I'd really like to see more of; individually repugnant people who may not have caused widespread damage. It's easy to point to the Strykers and Leper Queens, but I was really hoping to see more of the just plain bad PEOPLE, like Cornelius and Rice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    it is on a personal level but it could also serve as a illustration of the widespread damage suffered by mutants due to human prejudice when even an x man and avenger like the beast cannot escape from prejudice against mutants seeping into his personal relationships not to mention it also demonstrates the negative mindset it has created when even enlightened and progressive people like Trish also have to take the factor into account and succumb to it.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 02-27-2017 at 09:26 PM.

This is an interesting topic.

I think all the worst humans in x-books have already been mentioned. Stryker for his religious extremism, high bodycount and general manipulative bastard-ness.
    Trask, who in the end wasn't as much a bad guy as he simply was blinded by his misguided fear and redeemed himself at the end though his terrible legacy has lived on and is responsible for the biggest mutant genocide in the history of MU.
    Risman for carrying out the bidding of Stryker and killing many mutants in cold blood after becoming the follower of Stryker.
    Lang, Hodge & Leper Queen were terrible people as well.
    Graydon Creed was the son of two of the most sociopathic mutant villains and ironically had more in common with his scumbag parents than he might have liked to admit. Only difference between him and his parents was really that he was a human while they were mutants. And that's what lead to him directing his hatred towards mutants and wanting to exterminate pretty much all mutants. I would probably place him as second up there after Stryker.
    I've yet to read anything with Zander Rice in it but based on the description he seems like a terrible psycho and a disgusting dirtbag.

And since she was mentioned already I have to admit that from what I can remember, Trish Tilby actually was a pretty terrible human being on a personal level. The way she often treated Beast during their relationship, violating his trust time and again and how she broke up with him (equating their relationship to bestiality) and then when Beast jabbed at her by claiming to be gay when she came crawling back to try to beg for his forgiveness she apparently made it public to get back at him for it. Not a nice person and not really someone I'd liked to be acquainted with.
    And while we're on the subject of terrible human beings (at least personality wise) I''d say that Nurse Annie wasn't particularly likable person either. Or very smart for that matter. But she probably wasn't meant to be someone who was unlikable. It was just the bad writing that made her come off like that.

I know this goes off topic but I'd actually love to see X-Men face a human villain (or antagonist rather) who isn't a terrible human being or a scumbag. Someone who doesn't really hate mutants but instead fears them and their potential for destruction. Someone who isn't supporting mutant registration acts or Sentinel building officials because they have a blinding hatred of mutants but simply because they know from personal experience that renegade mutants can be a real danger if left unchecked (unlike sexual or racial minorities mutants can actually be dangerous and cause large scale destruction).

Si Spurrier did touch this in his X-Men Legacy run with the character of Marcus Glove and I really liked it but it was kind of left unexplored after the later revelations about his character and the turn that story took. I feel like there is a great potential for engaging storytelling in a human antagonist who might actually struggle with his/her feelings about mutants and the danger that they can pose to the human population. It could be interesting to see an antagonist who could actually provide a solid reasoning for their anti-mutant stance. Sort of like a human equivalent of Magneto. They could support development of Sentinels, mutant cures and registering mutants with powers for identification & observation while still wondering if they are doing the morally right thing violating the civil rights of mutants in such a way. I know characters like Val Cooper, Gyrich & Senator Kelly have kind of been like that but they haven't been explored a lot in that way from what I can remember. Cooper usually just works for the government in varying capacity and still more often than not is an ally to the X-Men more than an antagonist. Kelly on the other hand was unwaveringly anti-mutant up until he changed his opinion on mutants completely without struggling with it much more than that. And then he got killed soon after. And when it comes to Gyrich, well, he's mostly just depicted as an a-hole who just doesn't like any superpowered individuals. So I really think that there is a void for a character like that in the x-franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    This is an interesting topic.

I think all the worst humans in x-books have already been mentioned. Stryker for his religious extremism, high bodycount and general manipulative bastard-ness.
    Trask, who in the end wasn't as much a bad guy as he simply was blinded by his misguided fear and redeemed himself at the end though his terrible legacy has lived on and is responsible for the biggest mutant genocide in the history of MU.
    Risman for carrying out the bidding of Stryker and killing many mutants in cold blood after becoming the follower of Stryker.
    Lang, Hodge & Leper Queen were terrible people as well.
    Graydon Creed was the son of two of the most sociopathic mutant villains and ironically had more in common with his scumbag parents than he might have liked to admit. Only difference between him and his parents was really that he was a human while they were mutants. And that's what lead to him directing his hatred towards mutants and wanting to exterminate pretty much all mutants. I would probably place him as second up there after Stryker.
    I've yet to read anything with Zander Rice in it but based on the description he seems like a terrible psycho and a disgusting dirtbag.

And since she was mentioned already I have to admit that from what I can remember, Trish Tilby actually was a pretty terrible human being on a personal level. The way she often treated Beast during their relationship, violating his trust time and again and how she broke up with him (equating their relationship to bestiality) and then when Beast jabbed at her by claiming to be gay when she came crawling back to try to beg for his forgiveness she apparently made it public to get back at him for it. Not a nice person and not really someone I'd liked to be acquainted with.
    And while we're on the subject of terrible human beings (at least personality wise) I''d say that Nurse Annie wasn't particularly likable person either. Or very smart for that matter. But she probably wasn't meant to be someone who was unlikable. It was just the bad writing that made her come off like that.

I know this goes off topic but I'd actually love to see X-Men face a human villain (or antagonist rather) who isn't a terrible human being or a scumbag. Someone who doesn't really hate mutants but instead fears them and their potential for destruction. Someone who isn't supporting mutant registration acts or Sentinel building officials because they have a blinding hatred of mutants but simply because they know from personal experience that renegade mutants can be a real danger if left unchecked (unlike sexual or racial minorities mutants can actually be dangerous and cause large scale destruction).

Si Spurrier did touch this in his X-Men Legacy run with the character of Marcus Glove and I really liked it but it was kind of left unexplored after the later revelations about his character and the turn that story took. I feel like there is a great potential for engaging storytelling in a human antagonist who might actually struggle with his/her feelings about mutants and the danger that they can pose to the human population. It could be interesting to see an antagonist who could actually provide a solid reasoning for their anti-mutant stance. Sort of like a human equivalent of Magneto. They could support development of Sentinels, mutant cures and registering mutants with powers for identification & observation while still wondering if they are doing the morally right thing violating the civil rights of mutants in such a way. I know characters like Val Cooper, Gyrich & Senator Kelly have kind of been like that but they haven't been explored a lot in that way from what I can remember. Cooper usually just works for the government in varying capacity and still more often than not is an ally to the X-Men more than an antagonist. Kelly on the other hand was unwaveringly anti-mutant up until he changed his opinion on mutants completely without struggling with it much more than that. And then he got killed soon after. And when it comes to Gyrich, well, he's mostly just depicted as an a-hole who just doesn't like any superpowered individuals. So I really think that there is a void for a character like that in the x-franchise.
    it would be interesting to see a character like that and I suspect that Trish tilby was invented for the very purpose of being a human who was morally ambivalent in that though she was not harbouring any prejudice she dated beast when he was just a simple minded person due to apocalypse and even protected him from soke people against mutants later on but her job called for her portray them in bad light and ultimately they pushed her from being vacillating to a woman who just wanted to be a successful reporter no matter who got hurt in process which does make her a terrible person but in the beginning she was an interesting person who liked the mutants even though her job required her to bring them out in unflattering light.she was alwys looking for a big story to break for which she often made beast a scrapegoat her reason being that she was just doing her job which eventually strained her relationship with beast which was interesting at first but really was later used to turn her into just a sleazy character always looking for a story to break no matter whatever the consequences for mutants which was used by beast to get backvat her when he deliberately told her he was a lie to get revenge for the hurtful breakup she put him through.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 02-28-2017 at 01:43 AM.

Gregor and Mendel from Orchis are not exactly stellar individuals.

Well with the mutants being unified the humans , the sentinels will become a greater threat.

I know X-Men Gold was kind of bad, but I thought Lydia Nance is right up there as one of the nastiest villains of the X-Men. She nearly completed her intention to commit genocide on mutants using the nanite Sentinels, Sentinel Alpha, and the recreated weaponized Legacy Virus.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Oooh I like this thread.....

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Kimura for sure. She was an utter sadist. The empowerment she derived from her bullying was very unsettling to read. She didn't even have an idealogical reason for it. She didn't hate mutants, she didn't have a grudge, she just had a victim whom she was stronger than and could always heal from her injuries, and no one would ever punish her for making the girl her plaything. Sick as fuck.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Waiting for coveredinbees’ “Tony Stark” comment.

F06B640B-98A9-454B-88FF-1662E1856050.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Stryker is number one, I don't think that is much of an argument.

The Leper Queen was pretty twisted in Kyle and Yost's X-Force.

Trask may have sought redemption but he still made sentinels and those still plague Mutants to this day.

This is more just focused on Wolverine but the Red Right Hand was a bunch of freaking monsters.
    Wolverine deserved everything the Red Right Hand did to him.

Worst of the humans is Red Skull(He is Baseline human right?) , worst of the humans with powers is Wanda and worst of the Mutants is Xavier Pre House of X.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 10-04-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Leper Queen injecting three Mutant teens with the Legacy Virus and shipping them off to the U.N. to blow it up so that any humans still iffy on mutantkind will help vote in a Mutant Response Division to get rid of any remaining Mutants and/or place them in concentration camps was pretty messed up.

Stryker using the Nimrod tech to blow up a bus of depowered children, snipe Wallflower, kill Icarus in cold blood, then enact a school shooting was very not good.

Last edited by Tycon; 10-04-2019 at 05:21 AM.

Man, I really feel for the Academy X kids. They've really been through some stuff and still get treated like garbage.