Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Still, the two largest catastrophes that the mutants have suffered weren't fueled by mutant hate.

Wanda couldn't control her (now) no-mutant power and Cassandra Nova did it for personal reasons against xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Still, the two largest catastrophes that the mutants have suffered weren't fueled by mutant hate.

Wanda couldn't control her (now) no-mutant power and Cassandra Nova did it for personal reasons against xavier.
    lol how does "No more Mutants" and helping Kill 16 million mutants not translate to hate?
    GrindrStone(D)

"No more mutants" was intentional, though not the product of a sane mind, and was very much the end result of internalized mutantphobia.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Wolverine deserved everything the Red Right Hand did to him.
    Now why would you go and say something like that?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Now why would you go and say something like that?
    After Wolverine Origins, is hard to say that he doesn't deserve it honestly. Although, the Red Right Hand were just as bad considering that they targeted inoccent people just because they were close to him, so any sympathy that they could get for their feelings wqs lost after that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol how does "No more Mutants" and helping Kill 16 million mutants not translate to hate?
    Wanda was not in her right mind when she uttered “No more Mutant”. In addition, her mutant “dad” was a fk up

Between House of M and Uncanny Avengers I am quite clear that Wanda hated being a mutant. She had a very serious mutantphobia internalized.

Now that she is human, that has become simple and plain racism.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    "No more mutants" was intentional, though not the product of a sane mind, and was very much the end result of internalized mutantphobia.
    She literally create a reality where the mutants ruled with Magneto as president and humans were marginalized.

When that doesnt work, she flipped out. She wanted a solution where everyone would be at peace, i mean, she lost her mind.

I cant rationalize that as an act of mutant hate crime.

Edit: trying to use the last retcon to hold humanity accountable is oportunistic at best.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 10-06-2019 at 04:09 AM.

Hate is often irrational
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

I think it's intrinsically dumb to attribute Scarlet Witch's irrationality to mutant hatred. Because the source of her issues don't come from mutantdom. It comes specifically from her powers. When Bendis made it so that she could create anything but did not have the mental capacity for it, it wasn't a "mutants are bad mindset" it's a "these powers are bad mindset.

She's crazy like molecule man or Mad Jim Jaspers is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I think it's intrinsically dumb to attribute Scarlet Witch's irrationality to mutant hatred. Because the source of her issues don't come from mutantdom. It comes specifically from her powers. When Bendis made it so that she could create anything but did not have the mental capacity for it, it wasn't a "mutants are bad mindset" it's a "these powers are bad mindset.

She's crazy like molecule man or Mad Jim Jaspers is crazy
    The source of her issues come from being too emotional, incompetent and easy to manipulate. Also before she said No More Mutants she made it pretty clear it was because Magneto cared more about Mutants than her and Pietro. I call that hatred for Mutants.

She isn't crazy just stupid but stupidity is the cousin of madness so it is common to confuse the two.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 10-06-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Mighty Member

The source of her issues come from being too emotional, incompetent and easy to manipulate. Also before she said No More Mutants she made it pretty clear it was because Magneto cared more about Mutants than her and Pietro. I call that hatred for Mutants.
    Thing is, even removed from mutantdom, she still has problems with her powers. And come on now, that's a dumb rational. There are tons of people who are emotional and every god damn hero is easy to manipulate(it's comics). She's got Reality Warper Syndrome cause everything she does is standard "I can't control it!" symptoms.

Thing is, even removed from mutantdom, she still has problems with her powers. And come on now, that's a dumb rational. There are tons of people who are emotional and every god damn hero is easy to manipulate(it's comics). She's got Reality Warper Syndrome cause everything she does is standard "I can't control it!" symptoms.
    The key word is too emotional, too incompetent and too easy to manipulate. She is not crazy she is stupid and stupidity is the cousin of crazy and evil so they are easily confused. Also dumb rational is a oxymoron because when rational is dumb it is irrational not rational.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 10-06-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Mighty Member

The key word is too emotional, too incompetent and too easy to manipulate. She is not crazy she is stupid and stupidity is the cousin of crazy and evil so they are easily confused. Also dumb rational is a oxymoron because when rational is dumb it is irrational not rational.
    What crock of pseudo-intellecutal shit is this? For someone so god damn smart, you should have realized that I, in error forgot, the 'e' on rationale.

Girl was crazy, she was indispensably, unequivocally, out of it. Dumb doesn't make you believe children you didn't have are actually there or make you forget yourself. She literally takes drugs for her mental illness.

What crock of pseudo-intellecutal shit is this? For someone so god damn smart, you should have realized that I, in error forgot, the 'e' on rationale.

Girl was crazy, she was indispensably, unequivocally, out of it. Dumb doesn't make you believe children you didn't have are actually there or make you forget yourself. She literally takes drugs for her mental illness.
    I don't assume what people mean to say. I will concede that she is crazy, as well as stupid.