Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Suicide Squad has more Oscar wins than Vertigo. Using award shows to make a point will never serve any purpose.
    Even if the point is to show that one company won more awards than the other?

Look, i said it in the OP, saw SS win the award and decided to check awards for comics.

I didnt simply want to make a thread to say congrats to SS cause that's really an empty thread taking up space so i brought up an additional thing, but i guess miscalculated the hate there's going on here for DC vs Marvel movies.

In my eyes this was more of a friendly competition thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Even if the point is to show that one company won more awards than the other?

Look, i said it in the OP, saw SS win the award and decided to check awards for comics.

I didnt simply want to make a thread to say congrats to SS cause that's really an empty thread taking up space so i brought up an additional thing, but i guess miscalculated the hate there's going on here for DC vs Marvel movies.

In my eyes this was more of a friendly competition thing.
    In the awards that really matter its 0-0 with dc being ahead with one nomination for heath ledgers joker. If there is any truth to the hype theres a chance Logan can even the score, it wont win anything but maybe jackman or stewart snag a nomination. Cant really say till ive seen it but the reviews have been amazing or the most part.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    In the awards that really matter its 0-0 with dc being ahead with one nomination for heath ledgers joker. If there is any truth to the hype theres a chance Logan can even the score, it wont win anything but maybe jackman or stewart snag a nomination. Cant really say till ive seen it but the reviews have been amazing or the most part.
    Heath Ledger won post-humos for Best Supporting actor.

Batman 1989 and Superman The Movie are also Oscar winners.

With how comic book movies are viewed by the Hollywood elite, the fact that some are recognized for their works should be celebrated as an achievement.

BANNED

Its neon green practically lime green. **** looks radioactive.
    Well, he got it from taking a dive in toxic waste. I shouldn't be safe, 'natural' grass green.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Heath Ledger won post-humos for Best Supporting actor.

Batman 1989 and Superman The Movie are also Oscar winners.

With how comic book movies are viewed by the Hollywood elite, the fact that some are recognized for their works should be celebrated as an achievement.
    No your right he won for dark knight so its 1-0 broke back is the one he was nomianted and lost. Film,director,actor/actress awards are all that matter to me personaly. CBM are not winning the important oscars anytime soon, Ledger probaly woulda lost if he didnt die. They give CBM Fx,Set design
    Costume design,score etc awards because they block them out of everything else. Though deadpool not getting any noms was fine by me. There are no sub categorys for comedies like the Golden Globes. And the best actor noms were all great.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, he got it from taking a dive in toxic waste. I shouldn't be safe, 'natural' grass green.
    His hairs almost always dark green or even black at times but neon green looked silly but then again theyw anted him to look like a pimp so the choices make sense

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

People thought Suicide Squad was an incoherent mess, with a bad script. no one said the movie was ugly and the costumes were bad. I was impressed when they showwd crocs full body suit, doesnt make the story any better. Though i think star trek shoulda won, jokers neon green hair should disqualified SS, it looks stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    To me pimp Joker/Joker pimp looked stupid as a whole but at least they got the Capullo haircut right.
    Agreed, but the color of the hair just left me dumbfounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's green. Not sure how that's not good or confusing.
    Its neon green practically lime green. **** looks radioactive.
    According to one of the members of the make-up team, Leto's hair was a challenge to do for the film.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I hereby apologize and state that no hairstylists were harmed while typing my uninformed commentaries.

My thread is about awards won, not about "awards that really matter." Whatever the hell that means.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Lots of people? Try a select few vocal neckbeards who couldn't stand the fact that the film starred four women, ruining their childhood.
    Yeah. It was just an unremarkable comedy, hardly worth the tempest that resulted.
    It was just...there. People getting all bent out of shape about fictional characters that DON'T exist always makes me chuckle.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

And more Razzie wins.

Spectacular Member

They say Logan might win something, btw does Fox count foe Marvel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    Patrick Stewart and Dafne Keen nominated for critic's choice awards. Which is a little more sci-fi/comic book friendly than the Oscars, but still a big deal.

I think there's a chance of a nomination for a major award, which would be a huge deal in itself.

It sort of counts.

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    I think the war is between the DCEU and the MCU. Otherwise if it is just DC vs Marvel then DC has two Oscar wins because Heath Ledger won an Oscar for playing the Joker.

Spectacular Member

Ok then my early Oscar predictions

big uncomfortable talk about Spacey, Weinstien etc but they won't mention many names and try to make jokes as the show goes on

Best Picture
    'Dunkirk'? .. although the jury may be swayed to give it to a woman if a female director is there
    Best Actor
    Gary Oldman
    Best Actress
    Daniela Vega
    Best Support Actor
    Patrick Stewart Logan
    Best Support Actress
    Michelle Pfeiffer - Mother!
    Original Screenplay
    The Florida Project
    Best Musical Score
    The Post John Williams
    Animated Coco
    Best Costume
    Wonder Woman
    Foreign
    First They Killed My Father?

Murder on the Orient Express will probably win something I'm not sure what? Best Design? Best Makeup and Hairstyling?

Guardians of the Galaxy, StarWars and Blade Runner will fight for best special FX...I see Blade Runner winning something as it has enough to please 'arty' types
    Blade Runner 2049 might win sound Fx mixing or some other award

Snoppy Dog etc will go on a rant about not enough African Americans or Blacks at the Oscars, curse Trump, make stoner youtube vids and once again threaten to move away to Canada