Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Bryan Singer Accuser Drops Sex-Abuse Lawsuit

A federal judge has allowed a former child to withdraw his lawsuit accusing the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director of sexually assaulting him when he was a teenager.

Full article here.

BANNED

A former child? No kidding.

BANNED

his lawyer quit and apparently was having issues finding another attorney to take the case

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A former child? No kidding.
    Ha! Nice catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    his lawyer quit and apparently was having issues finding another attorney to take the case
    Understandably so. Once there was definitive proof that Singer wasn't in Hawaii when the alleged conduct took place, it was pretty much over.

I just really hope this doesn't dissuade actual sufferers of abuse to not come forward in fear of reprisal.

I have no idea what this guy's motivation was, or if the allegations were partly true, totally false, just exaggerated, or what, but in the end he's just hurt people who may now be afraid to speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by T.D. View Post
    I have no idea what this guy's motivation was
    money money money!

Astonishing Member

Ha! Nice catch.

Understandably so. Once there was definitive proof that Singer wasn't in Hawaii when the alleged conduct took place, it was pretty much over.

I just really hope this doesn't dissuade actual sufferers of abuse to not come forward in fear of reprisal.

I have no idea what this guy's motivation was, or if the allegations were partly true, totally false, just exaggerated, or what, but in the end he's just hurt people who may now be afraid to speak up.
    ...What was the reprisal? Him having to drop the case?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    ...What was the reprisal? Him having to drop the case?
    Sorry, my wording may have been a little funky.

What I meant was that I hope actual victims of abuse don't suffer negative consequences as a result of this guy's actions.

BANNED

These people almost never win, especially when the Judges are in cahoots. Which isnt so much a big stretch when you considering youre dealing with a group of millionaires.

Anyways, this whole pedophilia thing and sex trafficking has been a thing of Hollywood for quite some time. Just look at Englands elite with Jimmy Saville, and how the whole hospital was in on it and many famous people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    These people almost never win, especially when the Judges are in cahoots. Which isnt so much a big stretch when you considering youre dealing with a group of millionaires.

Anyways, this whole pedophilia thing and sex trafficking has been a thing of Hollywood for quite some time. Just look at Englands elite with Jimmy Saville, and how the whole hospital was in on it and many famous people.
    Innocent Until Proven Guil-Just Kidding, You're Guilty Either Way.

BANNED

It's almost as if the guy who just happened to start talking about this around the time Bryan was releasing another big movie(as opposed to when it happened 15 years ago) was..not trustworthy. Who knew?!

Astonishing Member

Sorry, my wording may have been a little funky.

What I meant was that I hope actual victims of abuse don't suffer negative consequences as a result of this guy's actions.
    I don't see how they would.
    It's become more common for women to lie about getting raped, it hasn't stopped actual rapists from being caught.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Innocent Until Proven Guil-Just Kidding, You're Guilty Either Way.
    Everything adds up to the usual method on conduct in this cases. Typically these things are conducted in this manner, being flown and what not as the man described.

For men being raped is much more shaming so it makes sense he would take a while to come to terms. Also the man had said something about it before but no one really cared, so his tactic was to shout it during this premier of the movie, then it would get attention finally.

Not just for himself, but those who are possibly the same victims as himself.

Spectacular Member

maybe Singer did nothing wrong but then why does a lot of rumor follow him around

Fox Halts Production on Queen Biopic Due to Bryan Singer Absence https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...bsence-1063710
    Last edited by WhichDrWhowins; 12-02-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    Fox Halts Production on Queen Biopic Due to Bryan Singer Absence https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...bsence-1063710
    Why would you post this in a long defunct thread that has nothing to do with sex assault ? Singer's absence isn't due to sexual assault at all.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

Jessica Chastain — a co-star in next year's “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” — called out Bryan Singer publically a few days ago and tweeted an article incriminating Singer