Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dream Batfamily Fighting Game

Ever since I was a kid, something I've wanted to exist is a fighting game where every main Batfamily member (and some extended members) was playable, alongside some of the most notable villains. And now as an adult, this is STILL something I desperately want.

I want to hear what all of you would do for a Batfam fighting game. Which members would you include? What would their playstyles be? (Some would say they'd be hard to diversify, but I disagree) What villains would you include? And what crazy story would you come up with that could fit everyone in?

I'll post my pitch and ideas after I've heard some of yours.

Have fun!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Ever since I was a kid, something I've wanted to exist is a fighting game where every main Batfamily member (and some extended members) was playable, alongside some of the most notable villains. And now as an adult, this is STILL something I desperately want.

I want to hear what all of you would do for a Batfam fighting game. Which members would you include? What would their playstyles be? (Some would say they'd be hard to diversify, but I disagree) What villains would you include? And what crazy story would you come up with that could fit everyone in?

I'll post my pitch and ideas after I've heard some of yours.

Have fun!
    I have never played a fighting game, but I would be so there if Huntress and Spoiler were there, and Steph and Cass were skins for Batgirl (with new voicemods) (though Cass as a skin might be silly) (scratch that, I want all three Batgirls as options, with their own playstyles and weapons - and Oracle is a powerup thingy). Because of said not playing, I don't really have much about playstyles, but I would want them to be clearly their own characters from the comics - Huntress with her brutal, efficient moves and crossbows, Babs with her karate, Cass with her martial arts/precog effect of body reading, and Steph with her staff and gooperangs.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think Injustice 2 will (mostly) scratch that itch. On a personal note I've always wanted a Batfamily game like Dragon Age Inquisition or Freedom Force. So basically Batman with like 3-4 party members (you could rotate in from a group of 7 or whatever) go on adventures..learn skills, build a bat cave…research vehicles/tech/better bat suit etc But again the key for me is a playable (at the same time) group..like DAI. I play DC Legends but thats turn based…its ok.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by btmarine23 View Post
    I think Injustice 2 will (mostly) scratch that itch. On a personal note I've always wanted a Batfamily game like Dragon Age Inquisition or Freedom Force. So basically Batman with like 3-4 party members (you could rotate in from a group of 7 or whatever) go on adventures..learn skills, build a bat cave…research vehicles/tech/better bat suit etc But again the key for me is a playable (at the same time) group..like DAI. I play DC Legends but thats turn based…its ok.
    Don't really think Injustice 2 will do the job. With only 10 characters left to be announced, only 3 Batfam members have been confirmed, including Batman, one of whom is NOTHING like their comic counterpart.

I do agree though that a Batfam "Freedom Force" type game would rock. That was actually one of my favorite games growing up.

Fantastic Member

one of whom is NOTHING like their comic counterpart.

Which one is that?

I welcome the idea of a Bat Family RPG, though! Only, make it more like Dragon Age 2, at least with the Friendship/Rivalry system.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    Which one is that?

I welcome the idea of a Bat Family RPG, though! Only, make it more like Dragon Age 2, at least with the Friendship/Rivalry system.
    Damian. The man we're seeing in the trailers, and have seen in the comics, is absolutely nothing like canon Damian.

Fantastic Member

Damian. The man we're seeing in the trailers, and have seen in the comics, is absolutely nothing like canon Damian.
    Oh yeah. From what i remember of Injustice 1, he murdered Dick and took his identity as Nightwing.

I hear he's a bit of an antihero or something in the comics but, yeah, seems straight-up villain here.

BANNED

Oh yeah. From what i remember of Injustice 1, he murdered Dick and took his identity as Nightwing.

I hear he's a bit of an antihero or something in the comics but, yeah, seems straight-up villain here.
    Nah. Damian in the comics is a brat, and much less so than when he was first introduced at that, but he is most definitely a true hero.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

How could this even happen? No one is allowed to touch Cass Cain without her fans being all bent about it.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    How could this even happen? No one is allowed to touch Cass Cain without her fans being all bent about it.
    Not our faults 2017 is the first year since 2006 where Cass has gotten half-way decent treatment.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Name one character where their fans are not 'bent' about mischaracterization or bad treatment. Isn't that the point of being a fan of the character? (Just look at Batman fans in the Tec threads...)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

He threw a baton at Dick who stumbled and hit his head. It was a tragic accident even in injustice Damian would NEVER intentionally harm Dick.

Dick GAVE him the Nightwing mantle as a gift he did not take it.

Comic Damian is like a 13 year old Bruce if he was raised believing the world belongs to him. He is bratish, pompous, anti social everything you would expect from a teen raised in a cult but he is trying to be good and he is 100% a hero just that he won't cuddle a victim and he is blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Name one character where their fans are not 'bent' about mischaracterization or bad treatment. Isn't that the point of being a fan of the character? (Just look at Batman fans in the Tec threads...)
    Then how in he world could she be a character in a Batfam fighting game? She'd have to get punched and kicked in it.

And Cass being able to get punched, and kicked, is not "mischaracterization". D.C. had a chance to right that wrong, with N52/Rebirth, and they took it. The character is just flat out BORING when she's invincible -- to me, of course.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 04-28-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Then how in he world could she be a character in a Batfam fighting game? She'd have to get punched and kicked in it.
    The obvious way is to make her a Fragile Speedster type. High movement and attack, low defense and/or health. Actually, that'd be more of a hybrid of Fragile Speedster and Glass Cannon.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The obvious way is to make her a Fragile Speedster type. High movement and attack, low defense and/or health. Actually, that'd be more of a hybrid of Fragile Speedster and Glass Cannon.
    Yeah, but what about the Cass die hards that don't believe she should ever lose, or have a finger landed on her? I know how it could happen in game, but how will her fans react to it, if I whoop their butts with Batman? I could only imagine all the salty messages I'd get.