Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I think I read once that Deadpool is resistant to telepathy (because he's nuts).

But my favorite "psionic resistance" bit is when Quentin Quire tried to put a whammy on Captain America:

Probably not supported by other feats, but DAMN that's a great scene.
    Dp is 100% immune, not even red skull can break him
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    That is not the same as resisting someone trying to read his mind. But it shows he is able to withstand more unorthodox means of mindcontrol and is strongwilled enough to stop a telepath from trying something.
    Yup. Doom was able to resist the Red Skull's telepathy (using Xavier's brain). Granted, he wasn't singled out, but even if he was he'd put up a very strong resistance. And way back, he was the last man standing when the Overmind attempted to subdue Earth.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

The ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Speedball (previously mentioned)
    Doc Samson (as of TBolts v.2; the Ellisbolts run)
    Quasar (Wendell Vaughan) programmed telepathic resistance into his Quantum Bands. Don't know if the current one has done so or not, but it would be pretty shortsighted of Wendell not to have taught her to do it.
    Nova, I think, has some due to his helmet (or possibly Worldmind- I don't recall which)
    Iron Man has- at various times- had anti-telepathic blockers in his armor
    Doc Strange (previously mentioned)
    Juggernaut (with helmet)
    Night Thrasher (Dwayne, previously mentioned)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    If he has he failed to do it in Infinity. Thanos's guy made Strange his bitch.
    I think Ebony Maw has persuasive powers
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-27-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Then what you were talking about ?.
    IDK, I think I confused myself.

Fantastic Member

I think it's a little overly convenient how characters suddenly develop telepathic resistance when the presence of a telepath would spoil a plot. For example, the Inhumans in Death of X and I vs. X.

Fantastic Member

This is a great scene. Stupid. But a great scene.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    T'challa has resisted Emma and was able to shield himself from CAble for awhile but was taken over by Shadow King (even though he fought him slightly once taken over).
    That was when her powers were broken after AvX though. They had barely started functioning again when Original Sin happened.

Hank Pym seems to have both certain degree of natural resistance (against Kang/Immortus according to the Crossing) and assist from his cybernetics helmet (like Iron Man with armor etc).
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Not sure, but people like Thanos, Sentry, Odin, the Watcher and Galactus may be beyond mortal Telepaths to read or probe their minds.
    You have to remember that some of these mentioned are all telepaths. Thanos is a psi by virtue of his Eternal heritage. All cosmically powered Eternals have the potential to be psi-resistant. Note: I do not include the current Hyperion here, since we don't know what his level of Eternal training is, if at all. Other Hyperions have been shown to be resistant, but not immune.

Gladiator is likely resistant, but not immune. He's been mind-controlled before.

Sentry is a psionic. At a minimum he should be resistant.

Galactus (although very few writers mention it) is one of the most powerful psionics in all of existence.

Odin, and pretty much anyone who has mastered all 3 of the core magical foundations (which includes powers of the mind) are psi-adept, if not psi-resistant. This includes other mystically inclined gods like Loki and Enchantress, and not just "skyfathers."

All of the Watchers have psionic abilities.

Any mortal that has been evolved to the pinnacle of human mental capacity, like the High Evolutionary, the Futurist, and possibly guys like the Blue Marvel, are likely also psi-resistant, if not full-blown psionics.

The Collective Man, and other individuals who are composite beings tend to be psi-resistant.

Lastly, I'm willing to bet someone sufficiently strong-willed, like Shang Chi, would be psi-resistant. That's one bad dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I think it's a little overly convenient how characters suddenly develop telepathic resistance when the presence of a telepath would spoil a plot. For example, the Inhumans in Death of X and I vs. X.
    .... the inhuman royals have been around Maximus long before ivx

Maximus is an (evil ish) telepath homey

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    This sort of thing happens all of the time. PIS is what makes the comics world go 'round. Otherwise, writers would be hard-pressed to even consider including some characters in their stories. So yeah, the Hulk can't be mind controlled, even though rage isn't some metaphysical psionic shield, but actually the product of brainwave activity. Ditto with feral characters like Wolverine. No one ever stops to argue that a character with little to no self control should actually be easier to be co-opted, simply because he/she/it has abdicated control of their own functions by virtue of their highly emotional and/or fugue state. It's part of our buy-in that real world results don't always bear out in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    That was when her powers were broken after AvX though. They had barely started functioning again when Original Sin happened.
    Wasny she usinh her powers earlier that very same issye?

Im not saying she was at peak form but they were working the whole event i do believe.

And she got straight up rejected out of his brain

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This sort of thing happens all of the time. PIS is what makes the comics world go 'round. Otherwise, writers would be hard-pressed to even consider including some characters in their stories. So yeah, the Hulk can't be mind controlled, even though rage isn't some metaphysical psionic shield, but actually the product of brainwave activity. Ditto with feral characters like Wolverine. No one ever stops to argue that a character with little to no self control should actually be easier to be co-opted, simply because he/she/it has abdicated control of their own functions by virtue of their highly emotional and/or fugue state. It's part of our buy-in that real world results don't always bear out in comics.
    I belirve the last person to try to control logan qas Quentin right?

And he went pure feral and started hunting him?

Wasny she usinh her powers earlier that very same issye?

Im not saying she was at peak form but they were working the whole event i do believe.

And she got straight up rejected out of his brain
    Well, i dont know, but in Bendis' books, her powers sometimes stopped working.

I belirve the last person to try to control logan qas Quentin right?

And he went pure feral and started hunting him?
    Teen Jean put him to sleep without a problem.