Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I am going to have to disagree. Mostly because I wanted to see more of these future mutants (including Randall and Malcom who first appeared with Bishop but were killed).
    Oh I love the X.U.E and X-Nation 2099, but I know alot of people consider them crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    RE: Eyeboy. I've always wondered how his skull and skeleton looks like --so many sockets
    That never occurred to me before....how the hell does that work.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Fantomex, and I still remember him because the books won't let me forget him. Seriously, can he just die off already? Every time I think they dealt with him he comes back.
    Fanotmex is super annoying, but at least he had a decent powerset - in fact an excessive powerset.
    Which then got diluted a bit when he was split in to 3 separate characters....you know what, now that I think about it, I'm just gonna agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Anything Jason Aaron created: Eye boy, the shark girl, that guy that looked like a crawdad and, last but certainly not least, Snot. Seriously, Aaron?! A guy who's power is literally blasting boogers?

I'm sure he didn't actually think the character was cool, but ugh, did I hate having to see that. Not because it was gross (even though it was) but because the idea is so idiotic that a 6-year-old could come up with it.

Ok, gotta stop now before I hyperventilate due to an Aaron-induced rage out.
    That's right - friggin' Snot!!!

Unbelievable bad concept!
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

OMG. Snot was the worst. I think that was the point where all my suspicions that I had outgrown the X-books were validated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    If it is a choice between trash or high quality food no one will ever choose trash other than thinking they're a rebel.

None that I mentioned would be missed compared to actually awesome characters like Cyclops.
    Hm This is not Trash food that could actually hurt your body, albeit it taste good(that's the point, people forget that trash food has success because taste very good), these are characters that have pretty muhc ALL the same potential, that could or could not been evolved. think about Mimic. In 616 universe he is not so good as character, ranging between D-man and howard the duck in popularity, but Exiles version of him is AWESOME. Deadpool started as one note throw aways villain with no possible future outside being a punching bag(kind like the Demolition squad), but now he is one of the hottest commodity of MArvel.
    Evne Cyke at first was the most bland and boring character ever and look where he is now!(dead and rotting...yes but after an awesome run, and MU being Mu who know when we'll see Old cyke coming back fresh like a pineapple!)
    Never say never, that's just what i'm saying.

Also i'm not playing the rebel, I genuinely like shark Girl, mostly because, and i've said many times, I like Sharks. Period. Gimme a shark themed hero or heroine and i'm in it.
    And Eyeboy just intrigue me one an intellectual level. How is his daily life, does it hurt? Can he sleep? What and how exactly see things(loved the latest run on Daredevil that show in shockingly good way HOW matt actually see the world...and boy never realized how effin horrorifing the spot body was. Some Marvel Character should be drawn by Junji Ito just for kicks)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    OMG. Snot was the worst. I think that was the point where all my suspicions that I had outgrown the X-books were validated.
    Ok even i have to admit that snot was not the best, still my point was not so muhc the outgrown thing, but that at some point the unflattering and sometimes juvenile way these character were treated and some reaction of fandom made me think that perhaps X-men allegory has reached its limit, or better it has limited to be an alòlegory for one minority and one minority niche only. Rich Beautyful young gay. And the re is nothign wrong, but there are many minorities, included those who got crippled either by accidents or by genetic sickness. And their equivalent in X-men got treated like a joke. Or token minority. In the X-men. Yeah I can understadn why they enver caught on(albeit the purely aesteticval reasoning behind the hat e of some fans is upsetting)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Oh I love the X.U.E and X-Nation 2099, but I know alot of people consider them crappy.

Lot of people can be wrong you know. Being many does not means being automatically right on all the arguments ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Anything Jason Aaron created: Eye boy, the shark girl, that guy that looked like a crawdad and, last but certainly not least, Snot. Seriously, Aaron?! A guy who's power is literally blasting boogers?

I'm sure he didn't actually think the character was cool, but ugh, did I hate having to see that. Not because it was gross (even though it was) but because the idea is so idiotic that a 6-year-old could come up with it.

Ok, gotta stop now before I hyperventilate due to an Aaron-induced rage out.

As for some of the other characters mentioned here, Maggot was dumb, but he at least had a unique and fairly interesting power.

Morrison's special class served its purpose and was clearly never meant to be used outside of their initial stories, but, for whatever reason, current writers keep throwing them back in our faces.

Stacy-X is one that I remember really liking at the time: she was this upbeat, playful fireplug. She may not have been developed to her fullest, but I, for one, would love to see her come back.
    My problem with AAron are not the characte rper se, as i like Shark Girl and Eyeboy powerset alot. for different reason(I like Sharks and I curious about Eyeboy powers)
    but the "joke" treatment of some character whose powers are more crippling and psychologically troubling(few people remeber that Sharkgilr has the murdering instinct of a shark, when she smell blood she snap...and transform...) that it was shown. I mean I'm surprised how WELL Rockslide took the being castrated by suprwpower. Givne his personality one would assume a more embittered behaviour.
    Usinc a FF comparison, The thing was not appreciated for his jokes and his prank war with Yancy street and Human Torch, but because he is upbeat after one shitty hand of cards after another, he rise again(the REALL strength of MU characters, they fall and rise again, because **** surrendering we are MU). He has all the reaosn to go full on rampage but he don't!
    AAron instead present similar situations like they were funny jokes. I always felt like it was akin to "looll look at the guy withouth leg tripping form wheelchair and struggling to get back on cussing like sailor, ain't that funny" - yeeeeahh :/
    At leas tin Spiderman and the X-men they tried to flesh out some of the kids a little more. But too little too late i suppose

btw, when is Slick going to get his revenge? seems awful unfair that his bully has gotten so much of the spotlight. what's the message that they are trying to send?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    btw, when is Slick going to get his revenge? seems awful unfair that his bully has gotten so much of the spotlight. what's the message that they are trying to send?

Good ones Michael!
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

thanks! I wouldn't call him crappy, but I really do wonder what happened to Vincente.

Bubble.

The page where he makes Sage fly was less crappy, but I couldn't find it.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

that family of mutant Kleinstock Brothers and

Rhapsody are always in the back of my mind

Rhapsody.jpg

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    And Eyeboy just intrigue me one an intellectual level. How is his daily life, does it hurt? Can he sleep? What and how exactly see things
    This is a very good point. It must be far far away from fly sight, bird sight or fish sight, all together. Dizzy as hell. I mean, if all of his eyes see and if they work in an ordinary way.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 03-02-2017 at 07:42 AM.

Maggott.

But compared to Eyeboy and Shark Girl, Maggott is awesome.