Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 216
  1. #1
    BANNED Geek Mangacomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,271

    Default The Gabrielle Kinney Appreciation Thread

    IMG_6310.jpg
    It's about time somebody makes this thread.

    (Pic Related: Her New Costume)

  2. #2
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    11,508

    Default

    Wonder what she'll pick as her codename.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    Oh look, it's Friday, time to dump on the New X-Men. :-P


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

  3. #3
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Favorite Wolverine legacy character hands down, I credit her to softening my views on X-23 and teally enjoying the current run. She reminds me a lot of Molly from Runaways but less annoying.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Only read a couple of All-New Wolverine so far, but I can already tell that she'll be one of my favourites. Just so funny and enjoyable.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  5. #5
    Where is my Surge?! Moondoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Favorite Wolverine legacy character hands down, I credit her to softening my views on X-23 and teally enjoying the current run. She reminds me a lot of Molly from Runaways but less annoying.
    That was my first thought about her she shares many of the same running jokes Molly does about being a young naive kid surrounded by all these horrible things that don't seem to phase her at all.

    She exists to be cute and say cute things.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

  6. #6
    BANNED Geek Mangacomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wonder what she'll pick as her codename.
    I know this is a weird choice, but what about X-23? That could be an interesting codename.

  7. #7
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12,083

    Default

    It's actually part of her birth name, which is X-23_4GAB.

  8. #8
    Fantastic Member MikaelNovasun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    I know this is a weird choice, but what about X-23? That could be an interesting codename.
    ...you realize that was a not code name, it was a simple designation. It was meant as a means to keep her from having her own identity, and as being seen as human. It was to re-enfocrce for both her handlers and herself that she was a weapon, and not a person.

    Gabby taking the "name" would be a slap in the face to Laura.

  9. #9
    BANNED Geek Mangacomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post
    ...you realize that was a not code name, it was a simple designation. It was meant as a means to keep her from having her own identity, and as being seen as human. It was to re-enfocrce for both her handlers and herself that she was a weapon, and not a person.

    Gabby taking the "name" would be a slap in the face to Laura.
    True. Then maybe she could be called the Badger as a callback to what they originally considered to be Wolverine's codename.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    11,508

    Default

    Because Gabby, I expect her to pick something paradoxically cute.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    Oh look, it's Friday, time to dump on the New X-Men. :-P


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

  11. #11
    Fantastic Member topfueluhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    451

    Default

    I recently purchased this original art page from Marcio Takara featuring Gabby, Jonathan, and Laura: All-New Wolverine issue #8, page 7.

    mtak_anw08_p07_i.jpg

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    11,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    I recently purchased this original art page from Marcio Takara featuring Gabby, Jonathan, and Laura: All-New Wolverine issue #8, page 7.

    mtak_anw08_p07_i.jpg
    Really miss Takara's art on the book.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    Oh look, it's Friday, time to dump on the New X-Men. :-P


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    5,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wonder what she'll pick as her codename.
    I guess it will be toothpick
    Stop complaining and start dancing

  14. #14
    BANNED Geek Mangacomic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I guess it will be toothpick
    I feel like her nickname will have the word "Sister" in it somewhere tbh.

  15. #15
    Fantastic Member topfueluhl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Sonoran Desert
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Really miss Takara's art on the book.
    I do as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •