Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm still waiting for Gabby and Molly Hayes to meet up. That level of adorable will break reality.
    I'm sure they'll make a new Runaways series when the show comes around so...
    Keep your hopes high!

Here's another original art page I bought from Marcio Takara: All-New Wolverine issue #8, page 8. I love Gabby's reaction on this page to thinking S.H.I.E.L.D. is at the door and then realizing it's just the noodle delivery guy.

all_new_wolverine_issue08_page08.jpg
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 03-19-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Jonathan the Wolverine is new best X-pet ever; sorry Lockheed.

Though I risked having my name written in a Death Note or Arya-list by X-fans, I move that Jonathan get a spot on the roster if anyone ever makes a new "Pet Avengers" run in the future.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Jonathan the Wolverine is new best X-pet ever; sorry Lockheed.

Though I risked having my name written in a Death Note or Arya-list by X-fans, I move that Jonathan get a spot on the roster if anyone ever makes a new "Pet Avengers" run in the future.
    I was just thinking about that today, actually. It's a shame Taylor didn't get the extra pages for the Jonathan origin side-story in the Annual.

I was just thinking about that today, actually. It's a shame Taylor didn't get the extra pages for the Jonathan origin side-story in the Annual.
    Maybe it will happen in the 23rd All-New Wolverine issue instead. If the creators are paying attention, that issue should be some sort of special double sized comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Maybe it will happen in the 23rd All-New Wolverine issue instead. If the creators are paying attention, that issue should be some sort of special double sized comic.
    Another thing I was thinking about off-and-on, that issue 23 really should be bonus-sized. Especially since the Liu series fell just short.

IMG_8812.jpg
    Gabby is starting to become a real badass.

Child of Rage and Love comedy_and_tragedy's Avatar

Hello, empty thread. I'm gonna spit out some theories about this little cloned snikt here.

1. Claw placement: Gabby for sure has claws in her hands, but my theory is that she's got them in her feet and wrists too. Mutations might take time to develope, or it could be a complication of imperfect cloning. But think about it, middle finger claws (Logan) foot claws (Laura) wrist claws (Daken). Maybe????
    2. Like Logan and Laura, Gabby's probably got something in her that works like a killswitch. Personally, I think she might have a bit of a berserker rage, but, due to her upbringing, one that is more controlled than that of Logan (she acts a lot like Laura under the influence of trigger scent). My reasoning for why berserker rage would work is that there are moments in the comic where we see Gabby drops her smile, and in all those moments, she gets scary. For example, in issue 6, when she stops just short of stabbing Chandler in the face, you can see an element of rage that's there, one that when released, will kill someone. Whenever someone Gabby cares about is threatened, we see particularly during the immune arc that she tends to go into heightened attack. When she finds that the aim scientists have Laura in issue 20, she jut stops short of destroying the lab. In issue 21, when Laura collapses due to the people of Roosevelt Island trying to touch her too much, Gabby literally threatens to kill them all. And Gabby tried to restrain herself, and one way that people restrain themselves is holding stuff in. Eventually, it would be logical for Gabby to reach a breaking point, whether little things add up or if something really bad happened, like if Laura or Bellona died/looked very dead. Based on past occurrences, it might make sense if she went into berserker mode after the proverbial straw breaks her back.

Anyway, just thoughts I wanted to spit out to an empty thread from an over analysist.

Quote Originally Posted by comedy_and_tragedy View Post
    Hello, empty thread. I'm gonna spit out some theories about this little cloned snikt here.

1. Claw placement: Gabby for sure has claws in her hands, but my theory is that she's got them in her feet and wrists too. Mutations might take time to develope, or it could be a complication of imperfect cloning. But think about it, middle finger claws (Logan) foot claws (Laura) wrist claws (Daken). Maybe????
    2. Like Logan and Laura, Gabby's probably got something in her that works like a killswitch. Personally, I think she might have a bit of a berserker rage, but, due to her upbringing, one that is more controlled than that of Logan (she acts a lot like Laura under the influence of trigger scent). My reasoning for why berserker rage would work is that there are moments in the comic where we see Gabby drops her smile, and in all those moments, she gets scary. For example, in issue 6, when she stops just short of stabbing Chandler in the face, you can see an element of rage that's there, one that when released, will kill someone. Whenever someone Gabby cares about is threatened, we see particularly during the immune arc that she tends to go into heightened attack. When she finds that the aim scientists have Laura in issue 20, she jut stops short of destroying the lab. In issue 21, when Laura collapses due to the people of Roosevelt Island trying to touch her too much, Gabby literally threatens to kill them all. And Gabby tried to restrain herself, and one way that people restrain themselves is holding stuff in. Eventually, it would be logical for Gabby to reach a breaking point, whether little things add up or if something really bad happened, like if Laura or Bellona died/looked very dead. Based on past occurrences, it might make sense if she went into berserker mode after the proverbial straw breaks her back.

Anyway, just thoughts I wanted to spit out to an empty thread from an over analysist.
    Hello.

I think being turned into a brood queen could be the straw that breaks the camel's back and causes Gabby to become less restrained. If their is a lot of emotional damage or physical deformation it could cause Gabby to loose her happy go lucky personality. I could see Gabby becoming an outright villain because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    Hello.

I think being turned into a brood queen could be the straw that breaks the camel's back and causes Gabby to become less restrained. If their is a lot of emotional damage or physical deformation it could cause Gabby to loose her happy go lucky personality. I could see Gabby becoming an outright villain because of this.
    Gabby becoming a villain would, on one hand, be painful, because for Laura (and the readers) she was the innocence lost, and having her undergo a heel turn would be quite heartbreaking. On the other hand, she'd make a very good villain due to the fact that she is so close to Laura, and seeing a sweet happy character slowly turn to the dark side is always an interesting arc (and Taylor from what I've heard is doing something like that with Damien Wayne in injustice two, and though he was never as amigable as Gabby, I could see her possible heel turn being similar to that).

Gabby becoming a villain would, on one hand, be painful, because for Laura (and the readers) she was the innocence lost, and having her undergo a heel turn would be quite heartbreaking. On the other hand, she'd make a very good villain due to the fact that she is so close to Laura, and seeing a sweet happy character slowly turn to the dark side is always an interesting arc (and Taylor from what I've heard is doing something like that with Damien Wayne in injustice two, and though he was never as amigable as Gabby, I could see her possible heel turn being similar to that).
    Damien switched sides hella quick in the Injustice comics, it's as if Batman taught him nothing at all. I think if Gabby were to go down a dark path, it would be a much slower process.

Yep. It would make for some great reading to see Laura being unable to prevent Gabby from going down this kind of dark path. And Gabby being corrupted by the brood queen and robbed of some of her free will as a young person would probably remind Laura of the abuse and programing she suffered as a child. Laura would most likely blame herself for what would happen to Gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by JarOfFlies1 View Post
    Yep. It would make for some great reading to see Laura being unable to prevent Gabby from going down this kind of dark path. And Gabby being corrupted by the brood queen and robbed of some of her free will as a young person would probably remind Laura of the abuse and programing she suffered as a child. Laura would most likely blame herself for what would happen to Gabby.
    My inner love of dark tragic stories is beaming at this possibility

BANNED

I agree that the narrative strongly implies to be setting up for a Gabby Heel Turn. The hints of a darker side to her personality, Logan's warnings about the future, Laura fighting so hard for her and to prove him wrong. The fact she now has an arch nemesis-sized hole in her Rogues Gallery (when Taylor said going in he wanted to EXPAND her supporting cast. Thus far the Sisters have largely been it, and only Gabby has become a permanent fixture). Everything seems to be working towards it. It would be personally devastating for her to realize that the Old Man was right all along.

That's one reason why I'm not as bothered by the reduced personal stakes thus far. Laura has suffered a LOT of tragedy and pain in her first ten years in the comics, so she's earned this bit of a break. But it's probably just a calm before the storm. Especially with Generations looming, and that it's likely to significantly impact her outlook.

Besides the personal effect of Laura essentially creating her own nemesis, let's just admit that Gabby would also be a downright adorable villain if she retained her more childish personality quirks.

I agree that the narrative strongly implies to be setting up for a Gabby Heel Turn. The hints of a darker side to her personality, Logan's warnings about the future, Laura fighting so hard for her and to prove him wrong. The fact she now has an arch nemesis-sized hole in her Rogues Gallery (when Taylor said going in he wanted to EXPAND her supporting cast. Thus far the Sisters have largely been it, and only Gabby has become a permanent fixture). Everything seems to be working towards it. It would be personally devastating for her to realize that the Old Man was right all along.

That's one reason why I'm not as bothered by the reduced personal stakes thus far. Laura has suffered a LOT of tragedy and pain in her first ten years in the comics, so she's earned this bit of a break. But it's probably just a calm before the storm. Especially with Generations looming, and that it's likely to significantly impact her outlook.

Besides the personal effect of Laura essentially creating her own nemesis, let's just admit that Gabby would also be a downright adorable villain if she retained her more childish personality quirks.
    Sometimes having a villain being adorable makes it even scarier. Kind of goes with what my old English teacher said: It's always scarier and often more unexpected when the perpetrator of a crime of violence is a kid.

Also, you think that in the future the death of Bellona could be a catalyst for a heel turn? Just popped into my head.