Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Tom Taylor told me Gabbys code name will be reaveled in ANW #28
    X-Men Forever

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I'm going for Shoehorn.

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    I was having a bit of a thought today. I'm wondering if at least part of the reason that Gabby has a healing factor while the other sisters didn't has something to do with decimation. Tom Taylor said in his one interview that the sisters' growth was accelerated somehow. Maybe all of the sisters, save for Gabby, were created during the decimation period, while Gabby's life began after Avengers vs. X-Men, hence her healing factor.
    Huh. Did not know that. Wonder if Gabby's aging was monkeyed with, as well (in the annual, Laura says she's thirteen, which I assume to mean biological/emotional age, regardless of aging up or not) or not?

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Even if this is the case, that still doesn't explain why Bellona is albino.
    I think that was just a flaw in the cloning process. My understanding was that they wanted to get clones that had Laura's mutation from the beginning and settled when they got not-mutants instead. My bigger question is why Gabby, if a success, only has two claws and in the one place that Laura doesn't have any. I could maybe understand Laura having a different claw configuration than Logan as some kind of sexual dimorphism that happened when her DNA code was being resequenced from male to female, but Gabby was a girl, too. Why the difference (beyond as a way to make the characters unique)?

I also hope they resolve the problem of the pain-killing nanites that were ostensibly killing her in the first story in some fashion; get them removed or establish that her healing factor cancels out the lethal effects, like how Logan and Laura's healing factors counteract the toxicity of their adamantium implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well she did brainwash and alter Laura's personality to date Warren to keep her away from Scott while supporting Warren cheeting her.
    Thought that was just a fan theory with no confirmation in the text itself.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    That's good to hear. Wonder if it's be Wolverine-related somehow or totally unique.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 11-14-2017 at 01:04 AM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

If there's anything Marvel has taught us, it's that headcanon is a powerful thing, especially if a writer is convinced of it.

Huh. Did not know that. Wonder if Gabby's aging was monkeyed with, as well (in the annual, Laura says she's thirteen, which I assume to mean biological/emotional age, regardless of aging up or not) or not?

I think that was just a flaw in the cloning process. My understanding was that they wanted to get clones that had Laura's mutation from the beginning and settled when they got not-mutants instead. My bigger question is why Gabby, if a success, only has two claws and in the one place that Laura doesn't have any. I could maybe understand Laura having a different claw configuration than Logan as some kind of sexual dimorphism that happened when her DNA code was being resequenced from male to female, but Gabby was a girl, too. Why the difference (beyond as a way to make the characters unique)?

I also hope they resolve the problem of the pain-killing nanites that were ostensibly killing her in the first story in some fashion; get them removed or establish that her healing factor cancels out the lethal effects, like how Logan and Laura's healing factors counteract the toxicity of their adamantium implants.

That's good to hear. Wonder if it's be Wolverine-related somehow or totally unique.
    Interesting.

BANNED

My best guess is that Gabby's claw arrangement is a result of imperfections in the cloning process, much like Bel's albinism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    My best guess is that Gabby's claw arrangement is a result of imperfections in the cloning process, much like Bel's albinism.
    That's what I think too.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    He tweeted this, but wasn't sure about the issue number. #27 is out next week, #28 on Dec 13.
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...91947519934464

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If there's anything Marvel has taught us, it's that headcanon is a powerful thing, especially if a writer is convinced of it.
    Maybe it's my Protestant background, but, generally, if it ain't in the source material, I don't think it "counts" (hence, why I take "word of God" statements from creators, esp. in shared universes, with spoonfuls of salt and have sometimes argued against it if the comic/book/movie/whatever tells a different story).

Besides, I thought the fans came up with the theory first. (If it was incorporated into the comics, it could make for some interesting story possibilities, something that the Wolverine/teen Angel relationship badly needs, IMHO.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe it's my Protestant background, but, generally, if it ain't in the source material, I don't think it "counts" (hence, why I take "word of God" statements from creators, esp. in shared universes, with spoonfuls of salt and have sometimes argued against it if the comic/book/movie/whatever tells a different story).

Besides, I thought the fans came up with the theory first. (If it was incorporated into the comics, it could make for some interesting story possibilities, something that the Wolverine/teen Angel relationship badly needs, IMHO.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wondered about that. I guess the only question I'd have is where the "source code" to put a claw there in the first place came from, if that makes any sense. As I understand it, real-life mutations and other genetic stuff like that happens when information in the DNA becomes corrupted or mistakes creep into the genome (we all have mistakes like that -- hence we're all technically mutants, just without the cool abilities -- but usually they're either superficial or our good genes cancel them out). In that sense, if the cloning process was bungled, I could see why Gabby wouldn't have claws in her feet or between her outer knuckles; the coding for that was "deactivated" somehow.

However, Gabby is a clone of Laura, so presumably had the same base genome. Since Laura doesn't have the "coding" needed to have a claw between her middle knuckles like Gabby does, that suggests that her DNA doesn't have the information to put one there (whether that was a "mistake" in her cloning process or an unintended side effect of her being female, I don't know). Since Laura is her father's "genetic twin" and he had a claw between the middle knuckles, I could see an argument that, even if she didn't have the DNA to possess such a claw herself, she might still carry the genes for that and be able to pass them on.

So, had the comics gone a different route and made Gabby Laura's daughter instead of a clone (maybe in a scenario where she had a family with Angel or Hellion, or something like that), I could follow why Gabby had that claw. However, since Gabby is a clone and presumably had the exact same genome (baring whatever stuff was screwed up), I'm puzzled where the claw came from. Her having fewer makes sense, since mistakes in the genome can take away things, but I'm having trouble thinking of a way that a mistake like that could add new information that didn't seem present in the "source code" to begin with.

I'm probably over-thinking it, but does that make any sense?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well Occam's razor says it's true... which doesn't mean it is; it's just a testament to what a truly negligently lazy hack writer Bendis can be.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 11-14-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Unicorn

10/char

I'm no biologist, but maybe the middle claw was a recessive gene and Gabby just happened to get it, while Laura didn't. Who knows, if you account for sexual dimorphism and/or all the male clawed mutants' various claw positions.

Imperfections in the cloning process works for me though, especially with Bellona's aforementioned albinism. Fun to speculate though! Maybe Taylor will clarify it eventually.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    I'm going for Shoehorn.
    Well, that was pretty effing funny. Hurtful... but very funny.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    I'm going for Shoehorn.
    Interesting suggestion......

Oh and BTW, Today's Marvel.Com's Article have the latest Info on ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #28, but nothing on Gabby's new codename.......Still, if you wish to learn about what will happens within Issue #28, just go to this Linkage here