• D---A real letdown

18 16.67%
  • F----Garbage; waste of time and money

21 19.44%
  • Did not read enough to vote

4 3.70%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Rate "Clone Conspiracy"

Well, now that the entire story is done (with ASM #24 serving as the proper final chapter of this latest tale), let's rate the saga as a whole! You know the drill, vote in the poll and feel free to comment about your feelings on this story below. Have at thee!

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Well, now that the entire story is done (with ASM #24 serving as the proper final chapter of this latest tale), let's rate the saga as a whole! You know the drill, vote in the poll and feel free to comment about your feelings on this story below. Have at thee!
    i'll wait for omega and then put in my vote
    troo fan or death

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Same here.

BANNED

it seemed like a OK story nothing exceptional about it apart from Ben returning after so long a hiatus. guess its official that only uncle Ben will stay dead while every other character will be resurrected sooner r later. well can we say this concludes the clone trilogy beginning with the original clone storyline the saga and this conspiracy which should serve as an end to the clone storyline began long ago with yet again the return of the clone with whom it began. the storyline would have been so much better if Peter actually got to confront Ben and they could have worked out their issues fighting but that part was handled by ock who valiantly continued his superior streak once again ready to sacrifice himself for Anna. jeez he really must love her.

I voted B-Very Good. But my actual rating is somewhere between B and C, a B- maybe. It's an enjoyable story that starts solidly, but ends underwhelmingly. Amazing Spider-Man #24 was really disappointing.

Yeah, fair point. That is out tomorrow so let's revisit then

I'll give it a C, a bit below average. I should perhaps give it a D because of what happened to Ben, one of my favorite past characters, but I'm trying to be fair minded and not let emotion get involved.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Good story , weak ending

BANNED

Just give Slott a Superior Spider-Man title already. That way someone else could actually write Peter in ASM.

I follow boot's lead.

Expect to see this post edited in approximately 36 hours.

As someone who didn't read enough to vote, how do readers think the story compared to the Clone Saga stories of the past?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    As someone who didn't read enough to vote, how do readers think the story compared to the Clone Saga stories of the past?
    Still a perfect record on all of them being absolutely terrible.

I'll wait till Omega to officially say my response, but looking at just all the other issues, I'd probably give this a B.
    Lackluster endings aside (Clone Conspiracy #5 just being eh and ASM #24 being kind of bad), I'd say I enjoyed this arc much more than I thought I was going to, and I had no interest in it after first hearing about it.

I thought it was an interesting twist on the Clone stories Spider-Man's been infamous for, and it allowed for a lot of good character interactions. I also really liked the ASM tie-ins (other than 24), as they all felt important to the story and developed the story and it allowed the characters more development than they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Especially ASM 20, which I thought was just a crazy fun Doc Ock story, while ASM 23 had some excellent character moments between Peter & Gwen.

The art all around was also excellent too, and I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen and to see who else could get involved. I was never too familiar with Ben Reilly as a character, so his complete change in character didn't annoy me as much as others, but I completely understand why others would write this off completely because of it.

Oh and the Silk tie-in was pretty good too, even if overall it felt it probably should've been another issue longer, just to have Cindy & Mattie's grow a bit more. Still haven't read Prowler so not sure about that.

BANNED

I voted D - A real letdown. The series was very lacking in scope compared to what I had expected. They seemed to be selling it as a game-changer, and yet here we are at the end of the arc without any real change to the status quo. This really should've been just another arc of ASM.

Add to that the weird characterisation of Ben Reilly, uneventful Gwen story in #23, under-usage of the huge cast of villains, and we have a very disappointing book. I'm probably being a little harsh because my expectations were too high, but this was not a well handled story.

Fantastic Member

Can I get a rating between C and D the just "Meh" ?