Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Danny Chase(Phantasm) Appreciation!!!

There are many overlooked members of the Teen Titans, but none perhaps as much as Danny Chase. So, on this thread, we can all express our love for nobody's favorite bratty telekinetic!

Danny is one of those characters that really was meant to be the eyes of the and worked so well. He was an actually teen when most of the members were about to become young adults. He used his powers like any actual kid would, to get out of class and so on. He gets way too much **** and deserves some more respect and a chance to be reintroduced to the Teen Titans
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Didn't care too much for Danny.but the DC UNIVERSE could use more characters with psionic based powers.

from Who's Who Update '88 Vol. 1 (August 1988):

Danny is always criminally underrated.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Danny is always criminally underrated.
    May have been how he was designed.

He looked like Cousin Oliver from The Brady Bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    May have been how he was designed.

He looked like Cousin Oliver from The Brady Bunch.

I think that was the intention. He felt like a real kid who got superpowers, he was whiney and fainted at the sight of blood but he had a lot of room to grow.

I always liked Danny Chase ... but I never liked Phantasm. He could be annoying (that was kind of the point), but so could Gar Logan.

Anyway, after twenty years since any decent story featuring him had been published, it was great to see him (to see all the New Teen Titans, really) in New Teen Titans: Games when that came out seven years ago. And I loved that graphic novel. Whenever I reread the New Teen Titans now, I stop with New Titans #70 and jump to Games. A far better conclusion to the New Teen Titans saga (and Danny's story, as well as Jericho's) than Titans Hunt, which ended with Danny and Jericho's deaths, along with Ariella's.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Wow that name took me back, he was dead guy in my first TT graphic novel. I remember googling him, omen, and Kole

Boisterously Confused

Danny Chase annoyed me cross-eyed. Phantsem was awesome!

phantasm-danny-chase-arella-titans_1_ffb857c8f84f41353c103684a3a73c2a(2).jpg

This is how I'd do The Spectre if we want him to be him a character, rather than a plot device.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

As a kid, I never understood why Danny got so much hate. I liked him.

And the Phantasm look was awesome.

I wonder why they didn't go with the original plan for him back then (which we saw in TT: Games)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

I wonder why they didn't go with the original plan for him back then (which we saw in TT: Games)
    I remember when the Grayson era Titans were going to have Danny chase come back as Epsilon and that would've been so cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

I never understood that, either. But a lot of people were turned off by the Star Trek of the time's "Wesley Saves The Ship--Again And Again And Again", and equated Danny with Wesley. I always thought Danny got a bad rap. It probably didn't help that Wolfman said in an interview back then that he based Danny on his nephew. They already had Terry Long, one of the great Gary Stu's in comics history, and were getting pretty tired of the writer inserting himself into the stories.

So if Danny were to come back what are some ideas for him?

Poor, misunderstood Danny.

It's kind of shocking that no one has ever attempted to bring him back and, "of course," villainize him. It seems writers have preferred to amp up Raven, Omen, and Jericho's psychic and telepathic powers.

I'd be up for a Rebirth version of him. Maybe in the Young Justice animated series, to play off Miss Martian and her powers.