Default First review of Jeff Lemire's Royal City is in...

I wrote this review and I have to say it was a fine comic indeed. Here's a snippet:

"Viola Davis' now famous speech from the 2017 Oscars stated, “I became an artist and thank God I did because we are the only profession that celebrates what it means to live a life." Jeff Lemire's Royal City is exemplary of this celebration of life and by the end of this issue you'll be wagering all of these characters are real."

Gave it a 9/10

Curious what the fan reaction will be as this is an ongiong and needs readers to survive!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

His monthly books seem to do well enough, I'm sure this will do fine if his standard level of quality is there. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    His monthly books seem to do well enough, I'm sure this will do fine if his standard level of quality is there. I'm looking forward to checking it out.
    I imagine his Marvel books will help him too. He's writing some primo titles for them.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

I have read part of the first issue, my LCS got a little promo pack from Lemire with a preview and some other goodies. If you enjoy his work this seems to be right in line with all the other stuff he has done. Really looking forward to reading the full first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    I imagine his Marvel books will help him too.
    It might raise awareness of his name with people that read Image/indie books, but there's little crossover from Marvel to something like Royal City. People who read Marvel and DC don't necessarily follow writers from those books over to their creator owned work.

Luckily, I think Lemire's got an audience for his creator owned work.

I liked this issue. I'll stick around and see where it goes from here.