Default Solar Superman and Mystery Clark Kent- Comic Panels Compared

Remember, too, that New52 Superman is responsible for Solar Superman's apparent death by absorbing his energy, and Mystery Clark Kent shows up right afterwards without energy.

Also, Solar Superman was a mix of New52 Superman's memories and essence with Denny Swann, a convicted criminal. Note how Mystery Clark is creepy and stalkerish and advocates violence at times (i.e. in the story arc with Lex Luthor)?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This is not a bad thought at all. I'm now half and half on it being Swann or Magog. The New 52 version of Magog lines up a little better with "Clark" due to him being a child, and that would explain "Clark's" childlike actions. But then again, they do set up Swann instinctively knowing where Mr. El and his fam live. They may just pay it off in Reborn.

Good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    This is not a bad thought at all. I'm now half and half on it being Swann or Magog. The New 52 version of Magog lines up a little better with "Clark" due to him being a child, and that would explain "Clark's" childlike actions. But then again, they do set up Swann instinctively knowing where Mr. El and his fam live. They may just pay it off in Reborn.

Good catch.
    Thanks! [10 char]
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 02-28-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Honestly, I never saw a Cyborg Superman connection anywhere in this arc, but I can believe that Denny Swan will go from the New 52 clone to a clone of a Clark who had his memories suppressed to the new Cyborg Superman. The entire time just whining about being cheated out of being whoever he's trying to be.

Or maybe just the first two. But then also, with that name it's hard to imagine Sand Superman not being involved.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Honestly, I never saw a Cyborg Superman connection anywhere in this arc, but I can believe that Denny Swan will go from the New 52 clone to a clone of a Clark who had his memories suppressed to the new Cyborg Superman. The entire time just whining about being cheated out of being whoever he's trying to be.

Or maybe just the first two. But then also, with that name it's hard to imagine Sand Superman not being involved.
    Damn, and in comes Kuwagaton with the one two punch that connects it all back to post-Reborn. Great stuff you two.

Maybe even in the interest of keeping names straight with other media (ie Supergirl) we have Henshaw take Swann's body after all is said and done. Using the Oblivion stone or something, he takes the Solar Superman's body and now he's back to being Cyborg? I'm sure they can tie together in a slightly less convoluted way, but I think we'll somehow end off with Henshaw taking Swann's body and becoming the Cyborg.

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

Yes, I think is him, too. Would be strange if Solar Superman was never heard of again, and this would be the death/rebirth story coming full circle. This could also tie into resolving New 52 Superman's fate.
    Last edited by BeefBourguignon; 02-28-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    Great repositories for everything regarding Post-Crisis Superman
    http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/
    http://superman86to99.tumblr.com/

Solar Superman makes sense.

Nice write up Crab. I'm thinking it's either Prime, Solar or Brainwashed N52 Supes. I can't see it being anyone else. His mannerisms are similar to Prime and Solar, though that bleeding S on his chest on that cover makes me lean towards Prime.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

As i've said elsewhere...I'm done speculating. I'm now along for the ride and seeing how it all plays out...

Kudos to Supercrab for this one though. It makes a lot of sense as far as Flark goes.

As for the rest....yeah I'm done until we actually get through March lol.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.