Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Marvel's "Generations"

Recently I had known about Generations and the question I have to ask all of you here is...what would Generations be about?

If I had to guess most likely answer, I'd say it'll be some about each of the superheroes teaming up with their legacy versions (Tony & Riri, Steve & Sam, Peter & Miles, Carol & Kamala, etc.) as they learn to work together instead of separate to take on some greater force.

My other guess, which I'm not sure will happen or not, will be that this is some kind of time-travel story where the legacy characters must team up with the original heroes from the past. Only because they have Old Jean, Logan, Mar-Vell, and Bruce in that tease, even though they're all dead, but they could possibly not be involved anyway.

I think it's really too early to say. Clearly it will have something to do with legacies, but while I have seen some people speculate (or hope) that it will be characters reclaiming their original mantle and the legacies forging their own identities, I mean, if you look at the teaser that can't really work for some of them. Jean (and the other time displaced X-Men) is a 'legacy' of herself, so what new identity is she supposed to adopt, exactly? and the original Jean is still dead, anyway. several of the originals on there are dead, and I can't see Marvel bringing them all back to life in one fell swoop for this story. It may just be a story that is more personal in nature where the legacy characters reflect on what it means to carry on a mantle created by someone else. But that doesn't really feel like an 'event' type thing. so... *shrugs*

Spectacular Member

Now, this isn't a prediction so much as it is something I would like to see. .. but I want it to be a series of issues, each issue focused on a different Mantle. In each one it would highlight what the name *mean*... what traits make Captain Marvel? What traits make AntMan? It would then explore why each character, both old and new, are the right person at that time to carry that name. In the end, I really want it to be about how an identity means more than just the person who embodies it, and yet each person is the perfect fit for their identity.

But like I said, that's more of a wish than a prediction. It's probably going to be something less fulfilling than that where time travel is involved and blah blah blah.

Mighty Member

I'm thinking that Generations will be a mini series akin to Marvels (only now with Jenny, Beth and Maggie as main characters there) or it'll be a crossover event series that ties into Mark Ward's Kang War story arc). Or maybe it could be BOTH stories (with the time travel story taking center stage in the main Generations comic series and with Jennie, Beth and Maggie's story beginning in a Generations mini series).

I have my fingers crossed that it will be a positive examination of mantels and a celebration of both the origins and newbies characters, rather then a fanboy dream about new character being deposed (Mar-Vel to Kamala: "Thats why its called a mantel!"*) as the origins return.

*See All-New Avengers Annual #1... wow, is this what being a Marvel editor feels like? Nice.

Hopefully Marvel Generations puts Marvel back on the map because atm the company comic wise are horrible.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Probably starts off with an untold story of how those original heroes once joined force in the past to battle an earth/universe destroying menace but succeeded due to their teamwork and trust in each other. Now those heroes are all more or less gone and the menace is back and only the current generation/versions of those heroes can save the day if they learn to work together as the originals once did.

That's about as basic a premise as I could come up with.

BANNED

probably will be an examination of the legacies the heroes have created and how proud they are at someone taking their mantle or just thoughts of each hero on his or her successor and vice versa of the hero on taking up the mantel of a fallen or otherwise defunct I'd of a hero or simply being potential heir to him told through some plot device like a reporter or something the way marvels was written.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

It'll be something to do with them promoting old and new IMO. That's the only real prediction I want to make at this point LOL.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Something to try the mend together fans of the legacy characters and fans of the originals.

My first thought was it involved some sort of time travel elememt. Heroes from different times being picked by Kang or Grandmaster or whatever for some sort of specific mission.

You know, that reminds me of the plot in Nova that saw Namorita resurrected. Another New Warrior, Night Thrasher, got resurrected the exact same way in Contest of Champions. Both were snatched from the past by a villain, having originally died in the Stamford explosion that started Civil War.

TheMarvelYears

Default First plot description for Marvel's mysterious Generations leaked by Amazon.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Sounds interesting. Can't wait for more detail. I like how Cap, Thor and Iron Man are described.