Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol, I don't get why are you all thinking of time-displaced stuff. Just seems to be talking about the current situation of so many legacy heroes, and the older heroes places on that. The thing about their origins seems more about their mantles than anything.
    I think it's the "charging into tomorrow" line, but honestly, I didn't get time displaced from that either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I think it's the "charging into tomorrow" line, but honestly, I didn't get time displaced from that either.
    To me that line means that the originals and legacies will be flourishing together post-Generations.

Sounds interesting.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol, I don't get why are you all thinking of time-displaced stuff. Just seems to be talking about the current situation of so many legacy heroes, and the older heroes places on that. The thing about their origins seems more about their mantles than anything.
    I don't get why you don't think that it involves time displacement; given Marvel's vow to return to classic storytelling.

Default Marvel's GENERATIONS Project Explained

http://www.newsarama.com/33464-marve...e=notification

"Once upon a time, a skinny kid from New York City picked up a shield and charged into battle... a prodigal son lifted a sacred hammer and proved himself worthy... and an arrogant genius forged an armor that would harness his true potential. And together, they became Earth's Mightiest Heroes," reads the description. "Today, that heroic legacy lives on in the next generation of heroes - and it will be put to the test as the Marvel Universe's greatest champions unite and charge headlong into tomorrow!"

So possibly the return of regular Steve!Cap, Tony Stark as Iron man and Odinson Thor?
    Or at least a story where they're the central characters, I guess.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    So possibly the return of regular Steve!Cap, Tony Stark as Iron man and Odinson Thor?
    Or at least a story where they're the central characters, I guess.
    Well, Adult Cyclops and Jean Grey are dead while their teen versions are the ones that are around.

I'm just going to laugh hysterically if this just ends up being an 05 situation with the Avengers Trinity .

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/33464-marve...e=notification

"Once upon a time, a skinny kid from New York City picked up a shield and charged into battle... a prodigal son lifted a sacred hammer and proved himself worthy... and an arrogant genius forged an armor that would harness his true potential. And together, they became Earth's Mightiest Heroes," reads the description. "Today, that heroic legacy lives on in the next generation of heroes - and it will be put to the test as the Marvel Universe's greatest champions unite and charge headlong into tomorrow!"
    Was Stark originally written as being a arrogant self righteous person in the original Stan Lee written stories back in the 60s or is this a post Civil War retcon because that's the enduring image/personality that readers have of him now?

The only thing I get from this is that "Generations" seems to be a mini, serie, or event of some sort. The rest of the summary doesn't say much, IMO. Time travel? Heroes from the past coming to the present, or being somehow resurrected today? Focus on the old, or the next generation? We still don't know.

And I don't understand why they would imply that Iron Man, Thor and Cap "came together" to form Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Cap didn't form the team (although he kept it together when everybody else left).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just going to laugh hysterically if this just ends up being an 05 situation with the Avengers Trinity .
    I will be making some popcorn, if you want some..........................

And something that i have learned for this kind of stuff is that you should hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that would be underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Was Stark originally written as being a arrogant self righteous person in the original Stan Lee written stories back in the 60s or is this a post Civil War retcon because that's the enduring image/personality that readers have of him now?
    Tony's always had an arrogant and self-righteous streak, just look at Armor Wars, it was just usually tempered by his heroism more often then not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    The only thing I get from this is that "Generations" seems to be a mini, serie, or event of some sort. The rest of the summary doesn't say much, IMO. Time travel? Heroes from the past coming to the present, or being somehow resurrected today? Focus on the old, or the next generation? We still don't know.

And I don't understand why they would imply that Iron Man, Thor and Cap "came together" to form Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Cap didn't form the team (although he kept it together when everybody else left).
    Well, that's what the millions of people that watched the Avengers movie think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Stan Lee specifically created him as a challenge; getting readers to like a character they shouldn't. but that had more to do with him being a wealthy weapons maker.