Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50
  1. #31
    Incredible Member Magnito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol, I don't get why are you all thinking of time-displaced stuff. Just seems to be talking about the current situation of so many legacy heroes, and the older heroes places on that. The thing about their origins seems more about their mantles than anything.
    I think it's the "charging into tomorrow" line, but honestly, I didn't get time displaced from that either.

  2. #32
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I think it's the "charging into tomorrow" line, but honestly, I didn't get time displaced from that either.
    To me that line means that the originals and legacies will be flourishing together post-Generations.

  3. #33
    Unstoppable Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    Sounds interesting.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Lol, I don't get why are you all thinking of time-displaced stuff. Just seems to be talking about the current situation of so many legacy heroes, and the older heroes places on that. The thing about their origins seems more about their mantles than anything.
    I don't get why you don't think that it involves time displacement; given Marvel's vow to return to classic storytelling.

  5. #35
    Mighty Member Diammandis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    1,832

    Default Marvel's GENERATIONS Project Explained

    http://www.newsarama.com/33464-marve...e=notification

    "Once upon a time, a skinny kid from New York City picked up a shield and charged into battle... a prodigal son lifted a sacred hammer and proved himself worthy... and an arrogant genius forged an armor that would harness his true potential. And together, they became Earth's Mightiest Heroes," reads the description. "Today, that heroic legacy lives on in the next generation of heroes - and it will be put to the test as the Marvel Universe's greatest champions unite and charge headlong into tomorrow!"

  6. #36
    Little Miss Mary LOSTie-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lurking, always
    Posts
    663

    Default

    So possibly the return of regular Steve!Cap, Tony Stark as Iron man and Odinson Thor?
    Or at least a story where they're the central characters, I guess.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

  7. #37
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    So possibly the return of regular Steve!Cap, Tony Stark as Iron man and Odinson Thor?
    Or at least a story where they're the central characters, I guess.
    Well, Adult Cyclops and Jean Grey are dead while their teen versions are the ones that are around.

  8. #38
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,660

    Default

    I'm just going to laugh hysterically if this just ends up being an 05 situation with the Avengers Trinity .

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Outta Town
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/33464-marve...e=notification

    "Once upon a time, a skinny kid from New York City picked up a shield and charged into battle... a prodigal son lifted a sacred hammer and proved himself worthy... and an arrogant genius forged an armor that would harness his true potential. And together, they became Earth's Mightiest Heroes," reads the description. "Today, that heroic legacy lives on in the next generation of heroes - and it will be put to the test as the Marvel Universe's greatest champions unite and charge headlong into tomorrow!"
    Was Stark originally written as being a arrogant self righteous person in the original Stan Lee written stories back in the 60s or is this a post Civil War retcon because that's the enduring image/personality that readers have of him now?

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    The only thing I get from this is that "Generations" seems to be a mini, serie, or event of some sort. The rest of the summary doesn't say much, IMO. Time travel? Heroes from the past coming to the present, or being somehow resurrected today? Focus on the old, or the next generation? We still don't know.

    And I don't understand why they would imply that Iron Man, Thor and Cap "came together" to form Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Cap didn't form the team (although he kept it together when everybody else left).

  11. #41
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just going to laugh hysterically if this just ends up being an 05 situation with the Avengers Trinity .
    I will be making some popcorn, if you want some..........................

    And something that i have learned for this kind of stuff is that you should hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just going to laugh hysterically if this just ends up being an 05 situation with the Avengers Trinity .
    Well, that would be underwhelming

  13. #43
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    62,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Was Stark originally written as being a arrogant self righteous person in the original Stan Lee written stories back in the 60s or is this a post Civil War retcon because that's the enduring image/personality that readers have of him now?
    Tony's always had an arrogant and self-righteous streak, just look at Armor Wars, it was just usually tempered by his heroism more often then not.

  14. #44
    BANNED dragonmp93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    The only thing I get from this is that "Generations" seems to be a mini, serie, or event of some sort. The rest of the summary doesn't say much, IMO. Time travel? Heroes from the past coming to the present, or being somehow resurrected today? Focus on the old, or the next generation? We still don't know.

    And I don't understand why they would imply that Iron Man, Thor and Cap "came together" to form Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Cap didn't form the team (although he kept it together when everybody else left).
    Well, that's what the millions of people that watched the Avengers movie think.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Was Stark originally written as being a arrogant self righteous person in the original Stan Lee written stories back in the 60s or is this a post Civil War retcon because that's the enduring image/personality that readers have of him now?
    Stan Lee specifically created him as a challenge; getting readers to like a character they shouldn't. but that had more to do with him being a wealthy weapons maker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •