Default Wonder Woman And Checkmate

Assuming we get back to Themyscira playing a more active role in the world, I was playing with the idea of having Amazon representatives in Checkmate as it is a multi national organisation and Rucka wrote its series as well. It would also give the WW book more exposure.

Thoughts?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Assuming we get back to Themyscira playing a more active role in the world, I was playing with the idea of having Amazon representatives in Checkmate as it is a multi national organisation and Rucka wrote its series as well. It would also give the WW book more exposure.

Thoughts?
    An Amazon agent working in Checkmate? That would be kinda cool.

Who would we like to see? My first instinct would be to say "Artemis," but I'm not sure she's ready for a more mainstream role yet. Phillipus, obviously, won't leave Hippolyta's side. Io is probably needed on the island, making stuff.

This would be a good opportunity to either bring back a long-missing Amazon like Orana, Nubia, or Mala. If Cassie had any connection to Paradise Island, I'd say this would be a great opportunity to give her a new role, since she's been ousted from the Teen Titans (likely forever.) Of course, I would demand that she lose the stupid demon armor.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I was thinking of either Hessia or Artemis.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I was thinking of either Hessia or Artemis.
    Hessia would be cool. If Odyssey of the Amazons does well, DC may see the value in giving her a larger role in the universe. She certainly knows Man's World well enough to be involved in it.

Artemis is teamed up with Jason right now, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her joining Checkmate. May not be likely right now, since Red Hood and the Outlaws is selling pretty well right now. They may not want to break up a winning combination right now.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Akila could join too given she's apparently returning in Red Hood And The Outlaws

What would you say to Diana helping form Checkmate with Steve and Etta's help as an organization of public identity heroes with or without powers?

BANNED

What would you say to Diana helping form Checkmate with Steve and Etta's help as an organization of public identity heroes with or without powers?
    Huh. That's thinking outside the box.

By all rights, Diana should be an organizer...it's just that her traditional arena has been in non-violent, community situations.

But would angle could you take where Diana would get involved in espionage and power plays? Because promoting peace THAT way would not be outside of her mission?

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Huh. That's thinking outside the box.

By all rights, Diana should be an organizer...it's just that her traditional arena has been in non-violent, community situations.

But would angle could you take where Diana would get involved in espionage and power plays? Because promoting peace THAT way would not be outside of her mission?
    I was thinking of making Checkmate both a peacekeeping force and an organization for scientific development so maybe Diana wouldn't be of much in the espionage business.

Astonishing Member

I like Rucka's Checkmate and would love to see more. It could work for Steve, but I don't see it as the place for Diana. There's too much behind the scenes black ops for her style.