Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    In other words, no.

I like that they say in one question that certain characters will make appearances, and in response to another they say they can't dedicate much page time to other students. So what I'm getting out of that is, they'll show up.. but basically as wallpaper. Joy. That doesn't entice me to pick up that book, no matter how they want to hype it.

I don't understand why Marvel seems to fling poo at the wall to see what sticks in terms of new books (i.e. Foolkiller, Slapstick, etc, like anyone expected those comics to do anything except flop) but people have been asking for a NXM book for years, they have an established fanbase, and Marvel keeps saying "no chance."

Yep, I'm bitter.
    By the simple reason that those characters could be used in the MCU and are not owned by FOX instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    By the simple reason that those characters could be used in the MCU and are not owned by FOX instead.
    I don't believe that. If that was true, they wouldn't be taking a chance on some of these new X-books period.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Well, that would requiere that DisMarvel puts an actual effort; and they are not going to do it until FOX sells back the movie rights.

Well, yellow and black bodysuit is like the basic armor/outfit that you get when you start playing a game.
    I disagree I think I've come to recognize the yellow and black costume Katherine has worn for nearly two decades now as the costume I most identify her character with visually mostly because it's the costume she's stuck with the longest.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 03-01-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I don't believe that. If that was true, they wouldn't be taking a chance on some of these new X-books period.
    Like i said, DisMarvel is back to the low effort "either we get some easy money out of the X-men or the sales fall low enough so we can cancel them" strategy.
    They gave a book to baby Groot, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I disagree I think I've come to recognize the yellow and black costume Katherine has wore for nearly two decades now as the costume I most identify her character with visually mostly because it's the costume she's stuck with the longest.
    Well, the O5 wore that same bodysuit for the first half of Bendis' X-men run.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Interesting. Unless there's more than one new book, it looks like Emma, Psylocke, Archangel and Gambit are heading to the same place.
    I would not be mad with this group wow I love it

Like i said, DisMarvel is back to the low effort "either we get some easy money out of the X-men or the sales fall low enough so we can cancel them" strategy.
    Yes, there is no deal Marvel is fully happy with as yet if there was we would be seeing X-Men in new video games and Quicksilver a mutant again.

But, they aren't in we are going to replace mutants mode at the moment so it's improved a bit.

They gave a book to baby Groot, you know.
    I think the best thing they could do to take advantage of the fact that Fox owns the rights is to take some risks - if it fails it hasn't damaged any brands, and if it works you move the writer to something 100% owned.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I did get the part of Psylocke Archangel and Gambit perhaps join in a to be announced book, starting in the summer.

I did not get the word on Emma joint as well. Since they said she would be in a place she has not been for years. Now she has not been a villain for years. All other things like being a leader or teacher are not that long ago. So I concluded that will become a villain again. I must admit I might like it.

At least some of the NXM kids will show up. That's at least better then the recent years. Better than nothing.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think the best thing they could do to take advantage of the fact that Fox owns the rights is to take some risks - if it fails it hasn't damaged any brands, and if it works you move the writer to something 100% owned.
    Well, they do that with the artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I did get the part of Psylocke Archangel and Gambit perhaps join in a to be announced book, starting in the summer.

I did not get the word on Emma joint as well. Since they said she would be in a place she has not been for years. Now she has not been a villain for years. All other things like being a leader or teacher are not that long ago. So I concluded that will become a villain again. I must admit I might like it.

At least some of the NXM kids will show up. That's at least better then the recent years. Better than nothing.
    Are you talking about being an actual villain ?, or "Cyclops is literally the Fouth Reich" kind of villain ?.

Why do i get the feeling that Emma will be starting the new Uncanny Xmen, with Psylocke and Archangel....

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Emma's alive!
    Yesssssssssssssss!!!

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Aside from power redundancy, M joining the X-men Blue team or becoming a sort of mentor could be pretty cool. Beats being in limbo.
    I agree it looks like Emma, Psylocke, Gambit and Archangel might be headed to the same book. Add Dazzler and Frenzy and that team would already be a hundred times better than all the RessurrXion line-ups.
    I didn't really get that from this interview.
    It'd be great if it was true, but I got more of a - these X-Men will be at least involved in storylines/arcs - vibe from the answers.
    Particularly with the Gambit answer.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Ultimate Member

As to Warren and Betsy, wonder if they'll both be going to the same place or if they will be in upcoming storylines just not in the same storyline...hoping that they go to the same place...and end up together after a bit as it wouldn't be that big of a stretch...throw in Alex and Lorna and have some fun, not sure if Gambit would be joining them but he might work better as a free agent...maybe make him an Avenger...that'd be different...

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I disagree I think I've come to recognize the yellow and black costume Katherine has worn for nearly two decades now as the costume I most identify her character with visually mostly because it's the costume she's stuck with the longest.
    I think she should at least switch up the color scheme or something. I wasn't the biggest fan of the "X-Men: Evolution" cartoon, but I did like Kitty's design, more or less the classic outfit, but blue and black instead of yellow.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"