Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I'll take 88 please

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I finished my entry:

She's based on what I image to be the underground resistance side of DoFP where the non-captured X-Men go into hiding and do covert ops. Medium was watercolor, again.
    Great job again Blu.

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

I'm in. Give me #78, please and thank you kindly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'll take 88 please
    You have selected: Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Donna M. View Post
    I'm in. Give me #78, please and thank you kindly.
    You're welcome... You have selected: X-23
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

24. Marrow

After the attack on the X-Men the Purifiers turned their attention to the Morlocks. However, facing some pressure from a handful of concerned citizens and what was left of the superhero community, their public intentions were to safely capture and contain the Morlocks. Unless, of course, they violently resisted arrest in which case the Purifiers were permitted to respond in kind. Marrow, along with the rest of the Morlocks fully intended to resist, knowing that imprisonment by the Purifiers would most likely be worse than death. When the Purifiers made their strike it quickly became clear just how hopeless fighting would be. Marrow, leading a small group, eventually had no choice but to escape in the hopes she could free her fellow Morlocks later. After fighting her way out of the tunnels she spent some time looking for any traces of the X-Men. Her search eventually led to Gambit, who was well concealed by the Thieves Guild and using their resources to help coordinate a mutant underground with the surviving X-Men. She joined up with him and the Guild with the understanding that he and the X-Men would help her to find and rescue the imprisoned Morlocks.

I’ll take # 34 next, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    24. Marrow

After the attack on the X-Men the Purifiers turned their attention to the Morlocks. However, facing some pressure from a handful of concerned citizens and what was left of the superhero community, their public intentions were to safely capture and contain the Morlocks. Unless, of course, they violently resisted arrest in which case the Purifiers were permitted to respond in kind. Marrow, along with the rest of the Morlocks fully intended to resist, knowing that imprisonment by the Purifiers would most likely be worse than death. When the Purifiers made their strike it quickly became clear just how hopeless fighting would be. Marrow, leading a small group, eventually had no choice but to escape in the hopes she could free her fellow Morlocks later. After fighting her way out of the tunnels she spent some time looking for any traces of the X-Men. Her search eventually led to Gambit, who was well concealed by the Thieves Guild and using their resources to help coordinate a mutant underground with the surviving X-Men. She joined up with him and the Guild with the understanding that he and the X-Men would help her to find and rescue the imprisoned Morlocks.

I’ll take # 34 next, please.
    Awesome, awesome work... you have selected: Nightcrawler

V

IV

III

II

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

#76 Teen Jean

So you wanted a dark future, eh? How about this…

Jean wasn’t looking for it. Nevertheless, it found her as things typically did.

Being displaced to a timeline where all of her life’s mysteries had already been resolved more than bothered her. Her destiny had been written before she even knew what she wanted. To say that it scared her is an understatement. For this reason, and many others, she found herself drawn more and more to Miles, whose conversations about his world and unique challenges took her from the one that she faced where everything was already etched in stone.

And then the unexpected happened.

What started out as simple escapes -- chat and study sessions with Miles on rooftops and overpass ledges every other Wednesday -- grew into psi-texts and astral plane dream-walks. She told herself that establishing a psionic rapport with Miles was just her way of being pragmatic. It was ironic that for a person who wasn’t a telepath, Miles seemed to pervade her thoughts anyway. The rapport just made sense. She resisted, denied and deflected for most of their college years. It wasn’t until Jean almost lost Miles the first time that she admitted to herself that whatever her world was going to be, it would be nothing without him in it. They became Mr. and Mrs. Miles Morales shortly thereafter.

Life as a married superhero couple wasn’t easy. Not with her being a reserve X-man and Avenger. Not with him being an Ultimate. But they made it work. And she loved the uneventful days when she was simply Jean Grey Morales, and not Marvel Woman. After their third child, Miles and Jean had given some thought to retiring to New Atlantis (which had risen to the surface in the Second Wakanda-Atlantis War). Unfortunately, this was a decision that they’d never get a chance to make.

Such was there passion and love for one another that their quiet moments together left Jean psionically vulnerable. It was an opening that one of her mortal enemies, Maddy Pryor, now calling herself The Blood Queen, took full advantage, possessing Jean’s body and twisting her powers to deadly effect. Through their rapport Miles realized it too late that Jean was no longer in control. He died at Jean’s hands in the bed that they had shared. The Blood Queen then used the eldritch energies released by Miles’ death to conjure up daemonic horrors that mutilated Jean’s children. None survived. And when they were done with her family, they turned to Jean.

When Jean came to, she was hemorrhaging massively, broken and distraught. The daemons had taken more than a few pounds of flesh. She had lost an eye and her arms were completely severed just above each elbow. Her spine had been shattered. And she would never again be able to conceive. It would take many, many years of physical, spiritual and mental therapy for Jean to recover.

As for Jean’s powers, they too would change due to the assault. In lieu of hands, she gained Phoenix “claws” (more appropriately, talons) to focus her considerable psychokinetic energies. The damage to her brain left her telepathically deaf and mute. In exchange, she gained limited precognitive abilities and psychometry via her talons. The time that she spent in K'un-Lun healing also taught her to develop martial and mystical skills. One strength of will alone Jean became one of the most adept While she has no interest in following the path of the Iron Fist, the way is open to Jean, if she so chooses.

Jean would eventually get revenge on Maddy Pryor, imprisoning her in a psionic Chinese Box construct on the astral plane for all eternity. She would even find a measure of inner peace, although she was never able to completely allow herself to let her guard down with anyone. Even on her best days there was always a sadness and darkness to Jean. But when you’ve gone through hell and back literally, the victory is just being able to smile at all. And that she does…every time that she looks in the mirror and sees the tattoo of Miles’ spider over her heart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-27-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Can I have 74 next, please?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    #76 Teen Jean

So you wanted a dark future, eh? How about this…

Jean wasn’t looking for it. Nevertheless, it found her as things typically did.

Being displaced to a timeline where all of her life’s mysteries had already been resolved more than bothered her. Her destiny had been written before she even knew what she wanted. To say that it scared her is an understatement. For this reason, and many others, she found herself drawn more and more to Miles, whose conversations about his world and unique challenges took her from the one that she faced where everything was already etched in stone.

And then the unexpected happened.

What started out as simple escapes -- chat and study sessions with Miles on rooftops and overpass ledges every other Wednesday -- grew into psi-texts and astral plane dream-walks. She told herself that establishing a psionic rapport with Miles was just her way of being pragmatic. It was ironic that for a person who wasn’t a telepath, Miles seemed to pervade her thoughts anyway. The rapport just made sense. She resisted, denied and deflected for most of their college years. It wasn’t until Jean almost lost Miles the first time that she admitted to herself that whatever her world was going to be, it would be nothing without him in it. They became Mr. and Mrs. Miles Morales shortly thereafter.

Life as a married superhero couple wasn’t easy. Not with her being a reserve X-man and Avenger. Not with him being an Ultimate. But they made it work. And she loved the uneventful days when she was simply Jean Grey Morales, and not Marvel Woman. After their third child, Miles and Jean had given some thought to retiring to New Atlantis (which had risen to the surface in the Second Wakanda-Atlantis War). Unfortunately, this was a decision that they’d never get a chance to make.

Such was there passion and love for one another that their quiet moments together left Jean psionically vulnerable. It was an opening that one of her mortal enemies, Maddy Pryor, now calling herself The Blood Queen, took full advantage, possessing Jean’s body and twisting her powers to deadly effect. Through their rapport Miles realized it too late that Jean was no longer in control. He died at Jean’s hands in the bed that they had shared. The Blood Queen then used the eldritch energies released by Miles’ death to conjure up daemonic horrors that mutilated Jean’s children. None survived. And when they were done with her family, they turned to Jean.

When Jean came to, she was hemorrhaging massively, broken and distraught. The daemons had taken more than a few pounds of flesh. She had lost an eye and her arms were completely severed just above each elbow. Her spine had been shattered. And she would never again be able to conceive. It would take many, many years of physical, spiritual and mental therapy for Jean to recover.

As for Jean’s powers, they too would change due to the assault. In lieu of hands, she gained Phoenix “claws” (more appropriately, talons) to focus her considerable psychokinetic energies. The damage to her brain left her telepathically deaf and mute. In exchange, she gained limited precognitive abilities and psychometry via her talons. The time that she spent in K'un-Lun healing also taught her to develop martial and mystical skills. One strength of will alone Jean became one of the most adept While she has no interest in following the path of the Iron Fist, the way is open to Jean, if she so chooses.

Jean would eventually get revenge on Maddy Pryor, imprisoning her in a psionic Chinese Box construct on the astral plane for all eternity. She would even find a measure of inner peace, although she was never able to completely allow herself to let her guard down with anyone. Even on her best days there was always a sadness and darkness to Jean. But when you’ve gone through hell and back literally, the victory is just being able to smile at all. And that she does…every time that she looks in the mirror and sees the tattoo of Miles’ spider over her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Can I have 74 next, please?
    This is fantastic!!! Great story and art. You have selected: Xorn

V

IV

III

II

I think I'll do one more, #68 if that's ok.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    You're welcome... You have selected: X-23
    Oh this is MOST delightful! I'll start right away!

BANNED

Cool story Judicator. Its funny, I had to sign in to actually see the image (after already reading the story) and I expected something way more gruesome. The arm talons are a really fun idea.

Also great to see your work Blu and Dante. Always love seeing what you two make.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I think I'll do one more, #68 if that's ok.
    Yeah, you have selected: Jubilee

V

IV

III

II

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Loving the entries so far. I had a few hours spare tonight, while we had The Voice final on the TV, and so I got the laptop and my Wacom 12WX all set up on the arm chair in my usual position thinking I could get my Havok done.... But 3 hours later and i didn't even manage to get it to work. Software issue. I've had it for years and know how to download drivers as I've done it multiple times. But tonight nothing was working. My best guess, sadly, is that it's just had it's day now. Wacom just don't seem to be supporting their older products any more...

Looks like I'll be back to pen & paper for this one, but it won't be this weekend, as that's my time 'window' used up on frustrating starting, restarting, downloading, 'help-forum'ing... etc etc.

If I could afford a newer Wacom tablet right now I'd get one...
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    Yeah, you have selected: Jubilee
    #68 Jubilee

During the DoFP future, Jubilee was one of the X-Men unfortunately captured. Jubilee was later brainwashed and converted into a Hound because of her enhanced vampire senses to aid Rachel Grey in hunting down mutants able to hide their thoughts from her telepathy.

I had no idea what to do for Jubilee so I went with a #lazydesign. I started watercolor, but my cat chewed on my paintbrush while I was away and caused it to fray. I then just went over it with marker so it might be splotchy at a few places rather than smooth (like if I went over it with marker only). Also lolwhatislightsource.
    Last edited by Blu Berri; 04-02-2017 at 08:18 AM.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.