View Poll Results: Would you want your favorite character to be part of the MCU?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 58.33%
  • No

30 41.67%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Would you want your favorite character be part of the MCU?

Let's just say you received a conference call from Fox and MCU and the moment you've confirmed that you are indeed the person they wanted to speak to, they screamed "Congratulations!,

MCU: You are the lucky person to choose a character owned by Fox to be permanently transferred and owned by MCU.

FOX: You've heard it right but we are only giving you a minute to tell us which character from Fox you want to be transferred to the MCU.

YOU: I would pick...

Would you pick you favorite character to be transferred to MCU?

HELL YES!! I wouldn't think for even a millisecond.

spoilers:
    This thread is so not going to end well.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Oh, you mean an X-character?

Fine...

As a fan of the characters: Jean Grey.
    As a watcher of X-Men films: goddamn suspension-of-disbelief-shattering walking plot device Quicksilver.

Guessing this is mainly for the X-Men, but I'm gonna talk about the FF anyway

Lets see... In the first one Sue Storm was there mainly to be motivation for Reed vs Doom.

In the second one she couldn't use her powers on Silver Surfer... for some reason. And dies to become motivation again.

In the 2015 reboot she was left behind for the trip that gives them their powers and she has zero personality or use.

It also seems like FOX don't want her in the rumored Franklin film.

So yeah I would very much like my favourite character to be apart of a company that would actually use her, instead of reducing her to being motivation for Reed or only there because she has to be.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm not sure how Jean could fit on the MCU tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm not sure how Jean could fit on the MCU tbh...
    Jean and Scott would lead Alpha Flight. Wait, who own Alpha Flight again?

No. Deadpool has the perfect people working on him.

As for Gambit.. we all know how much trouble that movie's had getting off the ground, but I wouldn't want him in the MCU either. Too gritty for it.

Iceman... Would actually fit right into it lol. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. Colossus too, would be alright. Although I love that he's in Deadpool.
    Last edited by cc008; 07-23-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Jean and Scott would lead Alpha Flight. Wait, who own Alpha Flight again?
    I think that's Fox. And if Marvel did they'd probably do something more like the current Captain Marvel Alpha Flight lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    No. Deadpool has the perfect people working on him.
    Same with X-23. I can't see her fitting into the MCU's family-friendly cookie cutter image. They can get around Nat's, Gamora's and Nebula's upbringings by the fact that we simply don't see it and it's only generally alluded to, but with Laura that abuse is recent enough it would be front and center. And while Peter is certainly young, he ain't going around slaughtering mooks by the truckload. So between the horrific abuse and torture she experienced, and the fact you'd be watching a CHILD tear through bad guys like a human blender, there's no way I can see her in the MCU unless they massively water her down.

And while Fox would be open to rolling the dice on NYX, (IIRC, Mangold and Kinberg have even said they may consider that direction in the future) no way in hell do I see Marvel making a movie where one of the main characters is a child prostitute (they rarely even mention it in the books as it is).

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

No.

I wouldn't want any one of my favorite to be taken out of the X-universe and dumped into the MCU. I like the X-characters being affiliated with the world of the X-Men, not the Avengers.

Storm would fit so well with the BP movie. Fox has had 17 years and continuously keep failing with her.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Hell no. I'm only interested in X-stuff. I don't even watch the other movies anymore really and certainly not the shows, nor do I read those comics.

Do I wish Fox did a better job sure. But this is madness and a way to further destroy the X-Men legacy nothing else, by dividing us up and isolating fandoms
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Favorite characters are Cable and Logan. Both are better suited for the R-rated films FOX is making these days.

Cannot wait to see Josh Brolin's Cable unleashed on the big screen. It's going to be epic.

Nah, for me it has to be all of nothing. A mutant hero without their mutant backstory loses a lot of the appeal. Bringing only one X-Men to the MCU guarantees that the origin will be changed ala Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. It also means the comic version will undoubtedly be altered as well. (Imo, neither Wanda or Pietro have benefited from the retcon, if anything it's only made them less interesting.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

No, the only MCU film I've seen is about 30 minutes of one of the Thor movies. Not a fan of those characters so no desire to watch.