BANNED

Default Felicia Hardy/Black Cat in MC2

Just a few things I was wondering about the MC2 version of Felicia:

) Did she give up her hero career before or after the birth of her son and daughter with Flash Thompson? I know Peter still did some web-slinging for a little while after May was born (unless I'm misremembering), but what about Felicia?

) I know Felicia has been in a stable relationship with another woman for a while now, but has she been definitively established as being gay or bisexual?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'd say the MC2 version of Felicia is bisexual, and the 616 version has been hinted at being bisexual, but not exactly confirmed as such.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd say the MC2 version of Felicia is bisexual, and the 616 version has been hinted at being bisexual, but not exactly confirmed as such.
    Where is the 616 version hinted at as being bi?

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotJA View Post
    Where is the 616 version hinted at as being bi?
    Apparently in Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do, the miniseries by Kevin Smith. A throwaway line having to do with "girl-on-girl action," though I don't remember if she was being serious or just playing it up for the crowd (she was fighting a villainess, Scorpia, at the time).

BANNED

Apparently in Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do, the miniseries by Kevin Smith. A throwaway line having to do with "girl-on-girl action," though I don't remember if she was being serious or just playing it up for the crowd (she was fighting a villainess, Scorpia, at the time).
    This is the scene in question and it is actually different to what is described above, being more confirming than one might think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spidercide; 02-28-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    This is the scene in question and it is actually different to what is described above, being more confirming than one might think.
    Thanks for the correction. And yeah, that is pretty confirming, I'd say. So she is canonically bisexual, Marvel's just never addressed it until that particular comic because of the thankfully defunct Comics Code Authority having a thing against "promoting deviancy" or some stupid crap like that.

BANNED

Thanks for the correction. And yeah, that is pretty confirming, I'd say. So she is canonically bisexual, Marvel's just never addressed it until that particular comic because of the thankfully defunct Comics Code Authority having a thing against "promoting deviancy" or some stupid crap like that.
    It was more like Kevin Smith threw it in there under the radar, probably because he thought it was 'kewl and sexy'.

I do not think anyone except for maybe DeFalco ever beleived her to be anything other than straight. I don't think even he thought otherwise until it came to writign her in Spider-Girl.

Because it showed up in such a throwaway line in an old side project storyline people are mostly unaware of it but I wish it'd go more acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    It was more like Kevin Smith threw it in there under the radar, probably because he thought it was 'kewl and sexy'.

I do not think anyone except for maybe DeFalco ever beleived her to be anything other than straight. I don't think even he thought otherwise until it came to writign her in Spider-Girl.

Because it showed up in such a throwaway line in an old side project storyline people are mostly unaware of it but I wish it'd go more acknowledged.
    Indeed, though it would have to come with a heavy slice of character rehabilitation, since as she is now, she'd just come off as a Depraved Bisexual (in TV Tropes parlance).

My understanding is that MC2 Felicia stopped being Black Cat before marriage and child-bearing. She made a pact with herself not to do that again once she decided to settle down, and started running a detective agency. Her backstory was pretty vague, though, as the comics really focused more on her daughter.

As to her relationship with Diana, she is presented as happy with it. So I guess stable? Hard to say really, as the main commentary on it is through the eyes of her daughter, who is against the relationship for unknown reasons.

She comes across as bisexual, though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    My understanding is that MC2 Felicia stopped being Black Cat before marriage and child-bearing. She made a pact with herself not to do that again once she decided to settle down, and started running a detective agency. Her backstory was pretty vague, though, as the comics really focused more on her daughter.

As to her relationship with Diana, she is presented as happy with it. So I guess stable? Hard to say really, as the main commentary on it is through the eyes of her daughter, who is against the relationship for unknown reasons.

She comes across as bisexual, though.
    She is against the relationship because Diana isn't her Dad and the divorce clearly sucked for her.

Also Felicia was running a private eye business in 616 continuity before Spider-Girl was ever published