Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
They're both pretty different stories.

But they do share some similar themes.

The comic is more about Logan and showing you the crap world he lives in by showing the other fallen heroes etc... It tries to be deep but I've always felt it was just another alternate reality that's main focus was easter eggs etc... Not that it doesn't have some deep moments too but as a whole eh.

While the film is more a classic what if...? story in a way and cares less about story and more in giving you an emotional roller coaster and less about how it got there.

If I had to choose one I'd choose Logan over the Old Man Logan comic but they're both fun in their own rights. Much like how the Civil War film was a much different beast than the comics Civil War.
I just read OLD MAN LOGAN, and you're 100 percent correct. Almost the only points the movie has with the GN is that Logan is old and full of regrets, and that some unspecified disaster has taken the X-Men off the map. On the whole OLD MAN is just Millar rehashing the same tropes of his first major hit, WANTED, and once again (IMO) Hollywood made a silk's purse out of a sow's ears by taking a few basic concepts from the GN and taking them in a more human/humane direction.

No wonder the director of LOGAN kept emphasizing SHANE; that's probably the sort of work he wants to be associated with.