Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Cable must exist in this timeline and stuff gets so whack in the timeline he goes back to cesspool to take out this corporation who have basically killed loads of mutants and humans in the future. Just guessing

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Mangold... was very adamant about refuting Jackman's statement that the film was "in its own universe". ....
    Let's face it: Wolverine and the X-men are too valuable for Fox not to consider rebooting and/or recasting if and when the time comes.

I was under the assumption that Logan takes place in the post days of future past time line and many years after age of apocalypse. The only real clues we get about the timeline in Logan is that Professor X mentions that when they first meet Logan he was a cage fighter and he mentions the final fight on the statue of liberty both of which happen in X Men 1, so that movie definitely still happened. X2 might have still happened as well but the rest of the movies are in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Good movie overall, but damn, it's gonna be hard to care about future X-Men movies when you know, no matter what, it'll end in Professor X killing everyone, virtually all mutants being wiped out, etc.
    Yea it is a bummer know that Logan is where the new X-Men movies are headed...

The more I think about this movie, the dumber the villains in it seem. Their whole schtick was to create this really rude super soldier from all these mutant kids. And when they finally succeed and declare their job complete, setting loose the super soldier, what happens? He kills a napping old man with no powers, then proceeds to get pwned by an old and decrepit Wolverine (twice), and then gets killed by an eleven year old. I swear if Xavier had been slightly more conscious of what was happening, he could have defeated X-24 with a toothpick or fork or something.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The more I think about this movie, the dumber the villains in it seem. Their whole schtick was to create this really rude super soldier from all these mutant kids. And when they finally succeed and declare their job complete, setting loose the super soldier, what happens? He kills a napping old man with no powers, then proceeds to get pwned by an old and decrepit Wolverine (twice), and then gets killed by an eleven year old. I swear if Xavier had been slightly more conscious of what was happening, he could have defeated X-24 with a toothpick or fork or something.
    Maybe that's why he killed Xavier first.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I was under the assumption that Logan takes place in the post days of future past time line and many years after age of apocalypse. The only real clues we get about the timeline in Logan is that Professor X mentions that when they first meet Logan he was a cage fighter and he mentions the final fight on the statue of liberty both of which happen in X Men 1, so that movie definitely still happened. X2 might have still happened as well but the rest of the movies are in doubt.
    Rice also mentions his father getting killed during the events of Apocalypse.

And now Logan has hit the same revenue level as X-Men: Apocalypse at the end of its run - 3.1 X budget.

And yet it hasn't even been out a full week.

What a beautiful movie. One of the most haunting and emotional experiences I've had at the cinema. This whole thing was just a tragedy. Props to Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart for such brilliant performances over the last 17 years

This movie made me happy that Disney doesn't have the rights to the X-Men. I honestly can't see them having the balls to make a movie like this. I'm still pretty sad watching it. I think Fox should make this like an alternate universe type story because it's just so depressing. Professor X basically killing all the X-Men and then him and Logan dying alone? It was incredible but still just so sad

Mangold confirmed the Yukio connection from The Wolverine leading to Logan.

James Mangold Revealed the Ending of ‘Logan’ in ‘The Wolverine’

Mangold was able to squeeze in his vision for Wolverine’s ending into The Wolverine, and Twitter user “MauriceTheChosenOne” was able to spot it. You may recall that Yukio is a mutant who has the ability to see into the future. At one point, she tells Wolverine that “I see you on your back, there’s blood everywhere. You’re holding your own heart in your hand.” There’s payoff on this within The Wolverine itself. There’s a parasite that has latched onto Logan’s heart and it’s preventing his healing factor from working. He has to carve it out, and he briefly dies, thus fulfilling Yukio’s prophecy.
    That is fantastic vision!
    Last edited by Killercroc357; 03-09-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Magneto was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Maybe that's why he killed Xavier first.
    Well, true. In a room full of mutants, he's a guy that I'd prioritize.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

What??? X-24 wipes the floor with logan each time. Eric LaSalle saves Logan the first time and the 2nd time he kills logan. X23 just steps in b4 Wolverines passes on.

The old man napping has a brain that considered a weapon of mass destruction. He coulda killed everybody for miles on accident, much bigger threat then any mutant in this movie.

They also didnt use the kids to make a "rude" super soldier. They realized you couldnt raise children to have that kinda rage, so they made x24. Dont recall if they said how. If they somehow made him grow up faster or if he somehow was just made at that age.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Sure you didn't watch Looper and get confused with this movie?

X-24 was tossing Logan around like a salad being eaten by a starved vegan.

I liked it.

I understand the issues people have with the timeline, but it didn't bother me.

I really liked Laura, and hope that we can see X-23 in more flicks.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002