Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Hope you guys like Kate and Clint back together in today's issue. Very nervous and excited!

Attachment 58999
    ....No kidding......definitely wasn't expecting this Issue to follow up upon what occurred within the GENERATIONS: THE ARCHERS One Shot this soon.....!!

Why does Clint even remember that? Sam Wilson looked up an alternate identity he took, and there were no records. Carol didn't remember meeting the current Ms. Marvel in the past either. Were they AUs, while Kobik actually did send Kate to past of Earth-616?

A few things:

- The Arrow Clint uses is t exactly new. He's used stuff like that for decades
    - In Cap's Generations book it was stated that none of the vanishing point time travel shenanigans had actually happened, thus no one except Kate should know about it.
    - The "complaints" about throwing knives were a bit weird as he had use them as well in the past.

Those are, however, all things that only are an issue when you keep other stories in mind. The story at hand doesn't suffer from it at all and considering I am a huge fan of Brian Michael Bendis who did stuff like that all the time I would be a hypocrite if I were to complain too much.

The interactions between both Hawkeyes were fun, dialogues with her friends as well and the cliffhanger is intriguing. What more could I ask for?

That said: I sure hope the cover of the next issue has a REALLY good explanation, hahaha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Another SOLID delivery from Team Hawkeye.

Dialogue: On POINT. Art: On POINT. Story: Alright, so I was oblivious to all the stuff folks are saying regarding the Generations events and that they didn't actually happen, so.......with that being taken into consideratio--yeah I don't care. The story was too fun. The connectivity/continuity too commendable (imho). This ish was solid.

Been a Kelly fan for some years now, so I knew that she'd excel writing Kate and that she was liable to create a very entertaining support cast (#RealTalk: still hoping/waiting/pining for guest spots, however brief, from my boys Billy & Teddy) and I'm suuuuuper pleased with her handling of Clint etc etc. What I did not anticipate was falling so hard for this Leonardo/Jordie art team. Leo's style fluctuates between scour-the-page-for-those-super-charming-details and bare-bones-minimalist-tight-focus paired with Jor's transformative pallet -- bold, kinetic and vibrant in Sunny Cal and action stuff and then muted, yet contrasting and atmospheric in these quiet or moody moments, like when Kate is captive. Team Hawkeye really is such a sensational union and I am just so happy that we're at issue 13 (these days it seems all my favorite stuff is endlessly "will they won't they" on the success-o-meter) and count my blessings with each subsequent continuation.

Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Dialogue: On POINT. Art: On POINT. Story: Alright, so I was oblivious to all the stuff folks are saying regarding the Generations events and that they didn't actually happen, so.......with that being taken into consideratio--yeah I don't care. The story was too fun. The connectivity/continuity too commendable (imho). This ish was solid.

Been a Kelly fan for some years now, so I knew that she'd excel writing Kate and that she was liable to create a very entertaining support cast (#RealTalk: still hoping/waiting/pining for guest spots, however brief, from my boys Billy & Teddy) and I'm suuuuuper pleased with her handling of Clint etc etc. What I did not anticipate was falling so hard for this Leonardo/Jordie art team. Leo's style fluctuates between scour-the-page-for-those-super-charming-details and bare-bones-minimalist-tight-focus paired with Jor's transformative pallet -- bold, kinetic and vibrant in Sunny Cal and action stuff and then muted, yet contrasting and atmospheric in these quiet or moody moments, like when Kate is captive. Team Hawkeye really is such a sensational union and I am just so happy that we're at issue 13 (these days it seems all my favorite stuff is endlessly "will they won't they" on the success-o-meter) and count my blessings with each subsequent continuation.

Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah
    I thought her name was Hawkess
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah
    Agreed on all counts - another fantastic issue!

Another awesome issue indeed. Thompson and Romero are doing and incredible work. Keep it up!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYsx_x9D...y=jimcheungart
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcb1P4FD...y=jimcheungart

Some gorgeous art from Kate's co-creator, Jim Cheung.

I almost had a heart attack with that #MCU hashtag there, thinking it might be some concept art or something, but then I realized he puts that on every picture. DON'T DO THIS TO ME, JIM.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-08-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

A bit controversial, but I REALLY don't like the current Eleanor Bishop storyline.

I hate when comics bring up dead parents, especially when they retcon them with powers or whatever. That said, I'm not, entirely, a fan of her father having powers; couldn't he have just been a manipulative businessman & father.

Really hoping that Hawkeye 16 is not the final issue, but that cover text.....

HAWKEYE2017016-cov.jpg
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Such a bummer. It's been a fantastic run with a great creative team.

Now of course begins the speculation of where Kate will end up next. My guess: since Bendis has already leaked that the next Jessica Jones writer is female I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Kelly Thompson. If so, Kate will most likely show up here.

Wherever she lands, she's one of the ten characters I follow anywhere so I'll be there.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for all the support and love. It's been an incredible run. I think it's no secret that I would have written Kate for as long as possible, and I'm sorry it's coming to an end, but I'm really proud of the book we put out...really proud of my team...really proud of the passionate fans. So thank you. And I hope you enjoy this last story we've got...and what's hopefully coming next!

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Such a bummer. It's been a fantastic run with a great creative team.

Now of course begins the speculation of where Kate will end up next. My guess: since Bendis has already leaked that the next Jessica Jones writer is female I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict Kelly Thompson. If so, Kate will most likely show up here.

Wherever she lands, she's one of the ten characters I follow anywhere so I'll be there.
    I'd like to nominate Thompson to take over Amazing Spider-Man, since Slott seems to be finishing his run on that.

But man, I am so depressed about Hawkeye ending. Especially as part of a bunch of great books all ending at once. I feel kinda wrecked.

donuts (2).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for all the support and love. It's been an incredible run. I think it's no secret that I would have written Kate for as long as possible, and I'm sorry it's coming to an end, but I'm really proud of the book we put out...really proud of my team...really proud of the passionate fans. So thank you. And I hope you enjoy this last story we've got...and what's hopefully coming next!
    Gutted.

The book is a gem.