Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

I will be buying Kate's title later today!

BANNED

Issue #9 was fantastic. The cover was a bit - or rather a lot - misleading but who cares as the issue was the usual Hawkeye brilliance.

Seriously, this book is just wonderful. So charming, funny and with real heart. And the action is top notch. Loved Kate's performance in the underground fight club here.

Anyone who hasn't tried this book yet should really do themselves a favor and give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    I hope we'll get to keep going. Hell, I hope they'll let me write Hawkeye forever...I SUSPECT they will not.

I think our continuation - as with all comics - depends a lot on monthly sales - which have not been great for our single issues (but our trade sales look pretty strong from what I'm seeing so that's good). We've gotten a lot of critical acclaim and love for the book and Marvel has been very generous in giving us extra time to find our audience. But if we can't level out (or increase!) our monthly readership I'd be surprised if we get to go beyond #16. So...continue reading, continue reviewing, and TELL EVERYONE.

And thanks everyone for all the support so far. I really appreciate it - we all do at Team Hawkeye!
    Hope you can write it forever, too. Really, Kelly, this is one of the great creator/character fusions in comics. Like Kelly Sue/Carol Danvers, Hopeless/Jessica Drew, Brubaker/Bucky. And each issue gets stronger.

I, too, am a digital only reader so I really hope that Marvel takes those numbers into account when determining the viability of a series.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Kelly, thank you for your reassurance re: The Event (Legacy) and Hawkeye's part in it as largely 'just' another arc. This's one of the now-few Marvel titles I enjoy, and a comic I really look forward to, for all the reasons so well articulated by others before. Good to know you're good to go for at least another several issues, and sure hope to see the run extended. No longer can do the buy-extra copies thing, but sure will talk up the series where-ever I can. Hawkeye's got my support ("the girl one" --and that guy formerly in purple, too [and I DON'T mean Killgrave]).
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Invincible Member

Finally got a chance to read Hawkeye and felt it was another solid issue. I'm sorry to hear about the low sales? I was shouting it out on You Tube, but I haven't been able to talk about new comics there recently.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Cute. But literally not a single thing from Kate's first and only solo book?

Color me...MEH.

From Hawkeye #10 out in September - art by Leonardo Romero, colors by Jordie Belliare!

HAWKEYE2016010005_col_sm.jpg
    Last edited by Kelly Thompson; 08-23-2017 at 06:14 PM.

And from Hawkeye Generations (art by Stefano Raffaele, colors by Digikore) out next Wednesday!

Page from GENHAWKEYE.jpg

AND! I case you guys missed it, cover for Hawkeye #12 (out in November) by Julian Totino Todesco and Guest Starring Wolverine (and Gabby, and Jonathan the actual wolverine). Interior art by Michael Walsh!

Hawkeye_#12_Cvr_L_R.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    AND! I case you guys missed it, cover for Hawkeye #12 (out in November) by Julian Totino Todesco and Guest Starring Wolverine (and Gabby, and Jonathan the actual wolverine). Interior art by Michael Walsh!

Hawkeye_#12_Cvr_L_R.jpg
    This one ticks quite a few boxes for me;
    [X] Kate
    [X] Laura
    [X] Casual interaction
    [X] Comedic tone

Speaking of Covers: I LOVE the variant cover for Generations Archers.

@All: Here's the preview for Archers!
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...eye-hawkeye-1/
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Hawkeye 10...out today! Hope you guys dig it. We've been building to this for A WHILE.

Hawkeye 10 dps.jpg

Another fantastic issue. Really looking forward to the conclusion of this. I can't imagine that it'll be emotional
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

It's in my stack, for right after Stray Bullets (I mean geez did you read Stray Bullets!? damn.) and Usagi, up next.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

spoilers:
    How did they not notice the imposter? The real Kate has shorter bangs than Masque. Dead giveaway.
    end of spoilers