Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

who creates kate's arrows?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, what are your thoughts on Kate's new boyfriend officially becoming a superhero AND a teammate? I'm willing to give it a shot and see how it goes, but my heart will always be #TeamKammy.

Speaking of Kammy, adorable fanart alert:

I'm kinda bummed their relationship was never addressed after how they ended on Gillen's YA. Well, Tommy hasn't been addressed overall. Poor guy...
    I'm cool with it.

I'm not sure the status of No-Varr, but if he was a friend with benefits i could be cool with that as well.

So, what are your thoughts on Kate's new boyfriend officially becoming a superhero AND a teammate? I'm willing to give it a shot and see how it goes, but my heart will always be #TeamKammy.
    I didn't feel that them getting together in the first place was that well set up, but I'm curious to see if a new setting will make it a more interesting storyline.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm cool with it.

I'm not sure the status of No-Varr, but if he was a friend with benefits i could be cool with that as well.
    Noh-Varr last appeared in Royals.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I'm kinda bummed their relationship was never addressed after how they ended on Gillen's YA. Well, Tommy hasn't been addressed overall. Poor guy...
    I agree with you on this. Don't know enough about the character so am neutral.

BANNED

"Relationship" is a funny word to describe "one night stand before they even knew each others name".

The "relationship" didn't really go beyond that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hopefully whatever her eventual new costume is brings back the scarf. I'm a sucker for scarves on superhero costumes.

Just read nearly all the YA material for the first time and it's definitely worth looking into. You're probably gonna be as surprised as I was about how different Kate was when she started out.
    Good to know! I've only read her in Fallen Son and that first meeting were she got beat up by Clint from that time period.
    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I honestly love the look of the Mod suit that she's in these days, but I think the hip holes are a little awkward because way too many artists draw them in such a way that it's impossible for her to be wearing underpants ;^^ Once someone pointed that out, I couldn't stop seeing it.

IIRC, David Aja never intended for that suit to be a redesign of her costume going forward, it was just supposed to be what she was wearing that day when it first showed up.
    Yeah I kinda always had "Superheroes" don't wear underwear anyway as headcanon. I could not even tell you why.

I was cool with him in her solo and don't mind him now.
    In fact I like that he doesn't join the dozens of side characters that disappeared after a solo.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Well, there's precedent for the love interest of the WCA leader being a major member of the team, if nothing else (though I doubt Kate's current boyfriend is going to be her Mockingbird).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm cool with it.

I think Noh-Varr sorta burned his bridges with Kate last time they were together. I got the impression she was moving on from him, hence why she was dancing and flirting with Tommy at the end of YA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    "Relationship" is a funny word to describe "one night stand before they even knew each others name".

The "relationship" didn't really go beyond that level.
    You see, this is why Tommy needs to appear more, so people will stop mistaking him for Noh-Varr! LOL

I think Noh-Varr sorta burned his bridges with Kate last time they were together. I got the impression she was moving on from him, hence why she was dancing and flirting with Tommy at the end of YA.

You see, this is why Tommy needs to appear more, so people will stop mistaking him for Noh-Varr! LOL
    Awkward interactions between characters like Noh-Varr & Kate Bishop are hella fun imo (and that re-union is worthy of an Awwkwaaarddd )
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, yeah, the good old days when Marvel actually cared about keeping the Young Avengers in publication.

Anyway, I'll always have a special place in my heart for that issue. I remember rereading it after many years only to realize that it was Fraction who wrote it, years before his critically acclaimed Hawkeye series. It's kind of funny to look back and see how he already saw potential on the Clint/Kate relationship even back then.

Oh, yeah, the good old days when Marvel actually cared about keeping the Young Avengers in publication.

Anyway, I'll always have a special place in my heart for that issue. I remember rereading it after many years only to realize that it was Fraction who wrote it, years before his critically acclaimed Hawkeye series. It's kind of funny to look back and see how he already saw potential on the Clint/Kate relationship even back then.
    I honestly liked how he handled the Clint/Kate dynamic in that issue better then he did in his actual Hawkeye run, if only because Clint felt more in-character.

I really love Kate:

How the hell did Quentin survive THAT? Gwen can just duck out of the panel border, but he can't. Also, Kate came within a whisker of getting her wish there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman