Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The MCU rumour seems to be focused on Kate = Hawkeye's daughter from the farm aged up.

Personally, I hate that idea, but then I've hated anything to do with Hawkeye since that stupid farm reveal
    That is Lila Barton I think?
    There is nothing about her that is similar to Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Last page of WCA #3... yikes.
    New Nickname! Hahaha
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

So assuming that Kate does appear in the MCU in the near-future, do we think that they'd keep the rape/sexual assault backstory for her from the comics in the MCU or not?

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Hard to say, I guess it depends on if it is even necessary to go that deeply into it. MCU Clint origin as a circus performer has never been alluded to as far as I know, he just showed up as a skilled SHIELD agent. It'd probably be the same with Kate, just a skilled individual without a deep backstory.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So assuming that Kate does appear in the MCU in the near-future, do we think that they'd keep the rape/sexual assault backstory for her from the comics in the MCU or not?
    That was being discussed in the Young Avengers thread, so I'll just quote what I said there:

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The rape wasn't even clear in the actual comics. They just showed her being jumped on by some guy, and the more mature audience kind of figured out the rest. They could do the same thing on live-action or animation. Just tell us she went through a traumatic experience without feeling the need to spell it out rape or even show it. Or, you know, they could just change the traumatic event. Maybe she was just physically and not sexually assaulted. Maybe she witnessed her mom getting killed. The character is not doomed because of one detail that can easily be changed, but still have the same effect on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    they didn't keep Tony's alcoholism or Pym's abuse of Janet. I think it would be unusual of them to even attempt to tackle the subject of sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they didn't keep Tony's alcoholism or Pym's abuse of Janet. I think it would be unusual of them to even attempt to tackle the subject of sexual assault.
    Quoted for the truth. It would also be stupid. It's a tired trope to begin with but if anywhere it's gotta be more at home in the comic universe with its wider variety of themes. Not to mention that they gotta treat lightly with such subjects in front if a much bigger audience.
    That could easily backfire.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

you're right-- had thought more time'd passed. removed it.
    Last edited by matt levin; 11-04-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    guys! guys! doesn't anybody care? she's a hawk now! A BIG purple-clad feathery eagle-eyed hawk!
    Where are the NEXT MEN when you need'm?
    Digifiend mentioned it

My Twitter

Yeah - I just did so in a way that didn't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    New Nickname! Hahaha
    "Katehawk?" Hmm...

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That is Lila Barton I think?
    There is nothing about her that is similar to Kate.
    Other than that seems to be the rumour - Kate is replaced by this Lila character due to time jumps/5 years later stuff and streamlining from MCU
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

That seems short-sighted. Lila doesn't exist in the comics, so we'd probably end up with a THIRD Hawkeye in the comics for synergy. And if that was the long term plan for the movies, why wasn't she called Kate? Bishop could've been her mother's maiden name which Kate takes on to avoid being treated with bias because of her relation to Clint.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Green Widow's sidekick is a warp of two Katherines. Bishop and Pryde. Together, they form Cat's Eye.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...inity-warps-1/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That seems short-sighted. Lila doesn't exist in the comics, so we'd probably end up with a THIRD Hawkeye in the comics for synergy. And if that was the long term plan for the movies, why wasn't she called Kate? Bishop could've been her mother's maiden name which Kate takes on to avoid being treated with bias because of her relation to Clint.
    Well, making Kate Clint's daughter will change the core of her character too much, to the point that the name won't even matter.