Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Kate Bishop Appreciation

I thought there was already an ongoing Kate-Hawk thread, but I couldn't find it? So, here's this one. This way people can talk about the latest issues without starting individual ones each month. Plus, of course talk about stuff in between.

Last edited by ed2962; 03-03-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Ultimate Member

Anyway, I really loved the this series so far. I just read issue #4 and was not disappointed. It's a shame that it's not more widely recognized for the high level of craft. Solid scripting, great visual storytelling. It's up there with the Fraction run, Waid's DD, the current Black Widow run.

I love Kate.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Yaaaaassssss! Kate Bishop Appreciation Thread! Finally! ;D

As thanks, here are some gorgeous unlettered inks by the awesome Michael Walsh from Hawkeye #5 for you guys!

kate+jess superteamup noir.jpg

twang fwip.jpg

noir katie kate.jpg

New thread = presents? Excellent!

Looking forward to seeing the finished stuff.

I thought the Hawkeye appreciation thread was ment for both characters?

Not that anyone would post there anyway xD

Those are btw some nice presents and it reminds me that I actually had a question:
    So Jessica Jones and Kate. How much interactions were there in the past?
    And in which books?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I thought the Hawkeye appreciation thread was ment for both characters?

Not that anyone would post there anyway xD

Those are btw some nice presents and it reminds me that I actually had a question:
    So Jessica Jones and Kate. How much interactions were there in the past?
    And in which books?
    They both appeared in The Children's Crusade, but beyond that I'm not sure.

Cool to see an appreciation thread for Kate

Totally loved last issue of her ongoing, especially with one of the best team-ups of the world: Kate Bishop and Julie Andrews.

Kelly, if you are reading this, I would like to ask if that idea was inspired by the Sound of Music reference that appeared in Avengers Children Crusade, when Kate showed off her knowledge of the movie, it would be cool

And to Matternativ, Kate and Jessica met during a special of Young Avengers, when Jessica started to have private talks with the members of the Young Avengers, and Kate told Jessica about the fact that she was victim of an attack while returning home (something that only told to her teraphist and Jessica).

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I thought there was one already myself that just hadn't been posted on for a while. That being said I don't mind Kate so count me in LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    yeah that was the only thing I remembered too

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post

And to Matternativ, Kate and Jessica met during a special of Young Avengers, when Jessica started to have private talks with the members of the Young Avengers, and Kate told Jessica about the fact that she was victim of an attack while returning home (something that only told to her teraphist and Jessica).
    Ah I see, thanks!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Where did Kate learn archery?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Where did Kate learn archery?
    If I'm not mistaken she had personal training (rich girl stuff). It's been a while since I read young avengers so I could be wrong.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Jessica was a regular in the first Young Avengers series. So she's known Kate ever since she became Hawkeye.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Avengers_Vol_1

Ultimate Member

So a couple things I wanted to talk about a little more...

I for one appreciate the tight plotting and quick pace of the current series. I can easily see another writer dragging this story out for another two issues, but Thompson wisely just got on with it while at the same time dropping a couple hints for future story lines. The humor mostly works and dialogue is crisp and flows well. I dug the subtle satire of campus speech ( Milo Y?) while slightly touching on the real problem of assault against young women.

I think Kelly also wisely included elements that a lot of even veteran sometimes neglect when giving previous support heroes their own book...that is, a job ( or at least something to do when not fighting villans) and a support cast! The hero needs other people to play off of. I guess time will tell if Thompson build up more of a rogues gallery or just keeps things "street".