Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Likewise.
    You got long locks, Matternativ???
    Yip.
    <Link-coz-pic-is-big>

Person to the right (not all the way to the right).
    The Pic is two years old or so but the length is still relatively the same.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 04-20-2018 at 02:21 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

You look like a hair metal rocker!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Haha, well metal(head)/rocker is kinda what I consider myself.
    Hair metal isn't necessarily my jam though.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Haha, well metal(head)/rocker is kinda what I consider myself.
    Hair metal isn't necessarily my jam though.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE come over to the Community Threads and post some of the metal music or videos that you like. It's kind of dwindled to just me and a couple of other people and i think we really need some new blood.http://community.comicbookresources....read-Part-Deux

BTW there's also other threads devoted to other music there...country, jazz, RB, punk, cheesy pop, classic rock etc...
    Last edited by ed2962; 04-21-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Did you guys buy All-New Wolverine #34 and Despicable Deadpool #299?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kate's nominated for the Best Continuing Series at the Eisner Awards! Julian Totino Tedesco is nominated for Best Cover Artist for his work on Hawkeye as well.
    https://www.newsarama.com/39672-2018...minations.html

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kate's nominated for the Best Continuing Series at the Eisner Awards! Julian Totino Tedesco is nominated for Best Cover Artist for his work on Hawkeye as well.
    Both well deserved nominations. I'm a bit surprised by the Series nomination since it seemed to be under the radar as far acclaim went but absolutely delighted. Julian's covers were incredible, some of my favorites from last year.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Both well deserved nominations. I'm a bit surprised by the Series nomination since it seemed to be under the radar as far acclaim went but absolutely delighted. Julian's covers were incredible, some of my favorites from last year.
    I was also under the impression that the book was too under the radar for an Eisner nomination, but I guess with all of the comparisons to Fraction's run and how it was the perfect follow-up to that, it makes sense it would get one.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-26-2018 at 11:13 PM.

ONE HUNDRED PERCENT deserved, but I can't believe it got the nomination. It seemed like no one outside of this thread was talking about how amazing this book was, but I'm glad people were paying attention.

Thompson, Romero, Bellaire, and the rest of the crew deserve it SO much.

Invincible Member

Yea! Kelly's back writing Kate and the gang!

I'm actually a little surprised at how many people seem to be upset that the line up isn't the same as it was thirty years ago. Me, I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

I'm actually a little surprised at how many people seem to be upset that the line up isn't the same as it was thirty years ago. Me, I'm excited.
    I'm glad to see Kate in another book again with Thompson at the helm (and if you look at the premise, cover, and roster this basically just looks like a new Kate Bishop book) .

Not what I would've called the West Coast Avengers though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

I think it's more that it plays on the nostalgia of that name, yet has so little connection to it

Most comments I've seen indicate it's branding it and avengers team when, clearly, it's hardly that

There's some decent enough characters on their, like kate

But most seem spurious to call avengers

Also the big idea of one avengers book so soon demolished seems rather fickle by marvel

But for kate fans it's good news so I hope they enjoy it

Hoped to get something else for Clint but as a Kate Fan I'm just happy Kelly Thompson gets to continue writing her.

Now let's hope Gwenpool does not ruin this.

My Twitter

BANNED

This is the kind of thing I'm not really in the loop on, but am I in the minority on vastly preferring Kate's original look? I'm glad that over the past few years she's been drawn with more realistic proportions, but I don't really care for her modern costume.

Amazing Member

Really really like the character. But, this doesn’t look like something I’d enjoy. Unfortunate but hope everyone else likes it.