Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This is the kind of thing I'm not really in the loop on, but am I in the minority on vastly preferring Kate's original look? I'm glad that over the past few years she's been drawn with more realistic proportions, but I don't really care for her modern costume.
    You are not alone.
    The hip-holed, cat suit isn't wildly popular. I'm sure it has its own fans, but I'm not one of them.
    Her original outfit was really rad, imho. I long for a new design at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    You are not alone.
    The hip-holed, cat suit isn't wildly popular. I'm sure it has its own fans, but I'm not one of them.
    Her original outfit was really rad, imho. I long for a new design at this point.
    Her original look was so freaking badass, even the hair looked better.
    Why we are stuck with the hiphole blandness I don't know but at least her outfit isn't just a t-shirt and some pants so she's got that over the other Hawkeye.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Her original look was so freaking badass, even the hair looked better.
    Why we are stuck with the hiphole blandness I don't know but at least her outfit isn't just a t-shirt and some pants so she's got that over the other Hawkeye.
    Yeah it was SUCH a treat seeing Clint in his classic suit during No Surrender and then before that during that past-visit (in Kate's solo) against all the other projectilers with Kate

I like the hop holes just because the comic made so many jokes about them.

Yeah it was SUCH a treat seeing Clint in his classic suit during No Surrender and then before that during that past-visit (in Kate's solo) against all the other projectilers with Kate
    Yeah that was fun. Basically I'd still say he needs a new custome inspired by the old one but less retro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I like the hop holes just because the comic made so many jokes about them.
    I mean... I actually get that, haha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I like her lilac look. I think her old look was good for the time she used it as a teen, but the new look fits more the young woman she's become, if that makes sense. Plus, I just love super heroes dressing bright colors, so the lilac shade really catches my eye.

I'd be up for some redesign, though. Whether it's something subtle like this or more drastic like this. Either way, Kate should be a fun character to play with when it comes to designs, 'cause she seems like a really fashionable girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I like her lilac look. I think her old look was good for the time she used it as a teen, but the new look fits more the young woman she's become, if that makes sense. Plus, I just love super heroes dressing bright colors, so the lilac shade really catches my eye.

I'd be up for some redesign, though. Whether it's something subtle like this or more drastic like this. Either way, Kate should be a fun character to play with when it comes to designs, 'cause she seems like a really fashionable girl.
    It's a common joke that Hawkeyes don't have a sense for fashion so I doubt she's overly fashionable.

My Twitter

Yeah, I'd definitely like to see Kate play around with her costume more. Maybe have a few designs she rotates through.

Of course, I think multiple costumes that characters rotate through should be more common in general. Wearing the same thing every day must get boring.

It's a common joke that Hawkeyes don't have a sense for fashion so I doubt she's overly fashionable.
    I never got the impression Kate is clueless about fashion. I mean, she DOES come from a socialite family, so I've always assumed she knows how to look chic when she wants to, specially whenever she has to wear a dress, like in Fraction's run or Gillen's Young Avengers. I mean, I was under the impression that the whole ''princess'' thing with AmeriKate started precisely because America wanted to point out how preppy she looked, and Kate gloating about the million-dollar dress only reinforces it. Not that she's like that all the time, obviously, but I do think she knows how to play the part because of her upbringing.

I never got the impression Kate is clueless about fashion. I mean, she DOES come from a socialite family, so I've always assumed she knows how to look chic when she wants to, specially whenever she has to wear a dress, like in Fraction's run or Gillen's Young Avengers. I mean, I was under the impression that the whole ''princess'' thing with AmeriKate started precisely because America wanted to point out how preppy she looked, and Kate gloating about the million-dollar dress only reinforces it. Not that she's like that all the time, obviously, but I do think she knows how to play the part because of her upbringing.
    Fair enough,I have yet to read Young Avengers anyway. O only looked into a few issues a friend hd lying around.

My Twitter

BANNED

Hopefully whatever her eventual new costume is brings back the scarf. I'm a sucker for scarves on superhero costumes.

Fair enough,I have yet to read Young Avengers anyway. O only looked into a few issues a friend hd lying around.
    Just read nearly all the YA material for the first time and it's definitely worth looking into. You're probably gonna be as surprised as I was about how different Kate was when she started out.
    Last edited by Assam; 05-19-2018 at 06:31 AM.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

You are not alone.
    I honestly love the look of the Mod suit that she's in these days, but I think the hip holes are a little awkward because way too many artists draw them in such a way that it's impossible for her to be wearing underpants ;^^ Once someone pointed that out, I couldn't stop seeing it.

IIRC, David Aja never intended for that suit to be a redesign of her costume going forward, it was just supposed to be what she was wearing that day when it first showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I honestly love the look of the Mod suit that she's in these days, but I think the hip holes are a little awkward because way too many artists draw them in such a way that it's impossible for her to be wearing underpants ;^^ Once someone pointed that out, I couldn't stop seeing it.
    I kinda think that most spandex-like superhero costumes have to be worn commando anyways? Also, isn't the point or lack thereof of the hip holes a running gag? (From a real-world standpoint, I think the holes are supposed to break up the purple, given that the costume is all one color.)

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    IIRC, David Aja never intended for that suit to be a redesign of her costume going forward, it was just supposed to be what she was wearing that day when it first showed up.
    IMHO, it looks more like a superhero costume than civvies.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    This is the kind of thing I'm not really in the loop on, but am I in the minority on vastly preferring Kate's original look? I'm glad that over the past few years she's been drawn with more realistic proportions, but I don't really care for her modern costume.
    I like the current look.

I sorta bothers me when some people say she looks like a "hipster"...

So, what are your thoughts on Kate's new boyfriend officially becoming a superhero AND a teammate? I'm willing to give it a shot and see how it goes, but my heart will always be #TeamKammy.

Speaking of Kammy, adorable fanart alert:

I'm kinda bummed their relationship was never addressed after how they ended on Gillen's YA. Well, Tommy hasn't been addressed overall. Poor guy...