Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 270
  1. #31
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,593

    Default

    I don't understand how this book isn't getting as much buzz as its Fraction/Aja predecessor. This book is literally perfect and works wonderfully as a sequel to the two previous runs (but is seamlessly the living and breathing successor to Fraction's run in tone). There is not a Marvel book I am enjoying more.

  2. #32
    Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That sequence was just so flippin' rad.

    How do you and Romero execute a visual like that? I mean, like, how much direction do you throw in vs. how much of that is just Romero wagging his pencil all like "Naw gurl, I GOT this".
    The collaborative aspect of the writer/artist relationship has always been SO intriguing to me. Are you guys facetiming all the time or texting or emailing or making reference to scenes in movies or or or ??

    Forgive my enthusiasm, please and thank you.
    Thank you so much! Yeah, Leo KILLED THAT PAGE.

    I answered the question on my Tumblr if you want to check it out - even included a script excerpt!

    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...it-was-just-so

  3. #33
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Thank you so much! Yeah, Leo KILLED THAT PAGE.

    I answered the question on my Tumblr if you want to check it out - even included a script excerpt!

    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...it-was-just-so
    Thanks for this! I would love to see more script to page comparisons if possible.

  4. #34
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,838
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Superhero Movies 2017 - R A N K E D

  5. #35
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,207

    Default

    October's issue:

  6. #36

    Default

    woah! Kelly Thompson posts here! That's awesome! @Kelly: the Kate Bishop Hawkeye book is genuinely one of my absolute favorite current series!

    For proof, here's me raving about the first 6 issues.

    https://comicbooknoiseredux.wordpres...egory/hawkeye/



    I've got #7 on it's way to me right now. I had to order it after checking FOUR different local shops, and it being sold out at each because I couldn't get there the week it actually came out. Anyway... Keep up the great work!!

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I don't understand how this book isn't getting as much buzz as its Fraction/Aja predecessor. This book is literally perfect and works wonderfully as a sequel to the two previous runs (but is seamlessly the living and breathing successor to Fraction's run in tone). There is not a Marvel book I am enjoying more.
    Fraction/Aja's run was a one of a kind phenomenom that Marvel just hasn't been able to recreate. It came out at the right time with the right push. These days, it's just become harder for a lot of books to grab the same kind of attention, specially with the sales slump and the growing hostility that exists towards legacy heroes. But the book is an absolute blast and that's all that matters to me. Even if it's not as successful as its predecessor, I'm glad Marvel is publishing it, because it's SO worth it. Thanks, Kelly and the rest of the creative team for some quality reading!

    As for the Legacy issue... I like that Kate is apparently finally reuniting with Clint, but I hope this continue to be HER solo first and foremost.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-23-2017 at 12:37 PM.

  8. #38
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    October's issue:
    Uuuuuuuh, looking forward to that. I just hope it won't go for the "Kate is soooo superior"-trope but that's just me being a fanboy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Fraction/Aja's run was a one of a kind phenomenom that Marvel just hasn't been able to recreate. It came out at the right time with the right push. These days, it's just become harder for a lot of books to grab the same kind of attention, specially with the sales slump and the growing hostility that exists towards legacy heroes. But the book is an absolute blast and that's all that matters to me. Even if it's not as successful as its predecessor, I'm glad Marvel is publishing it, because it's SO worth it. Thanks, Kelly and the rest of the creative team for some quality reading!

    As for the Legacy issue... I like that Kate is apparently finally reuniting with Clint, but I hope this continue to be HER solo first and foremost.
    Well technically Lemire's All New Hawkeye is the direct predecessor and while I can't talk sales, this current book is critically much better received from what I can tell.
    Which is well deserved considering how bad that book was (as I keep on mentioning in every second post I write) and how good the current one is.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Superhero Movies 2017 - R A N K E D

  9. #39
    Twink from Young Avengers Assgardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Loving this series! A great continuation of the previous Hawkeyes! Kate is one of my favorite characters, and it's so exciting to see her owning her own solo. That new legacy cover is ace!
    WICCANFROSTPRYDEWOLVERINEICEMANHELLIONGWENHAWKEYEMSMARVEL
    "Disappointed, Ms. Frost?" "Astonished, Ms. Pryde."
    #MutantAndProud #EmmaWasRight

  10. #40
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,207

    Default

    Kate cameoed in ROYALS #4.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Well technically Lemire's All New Hawkeye is the direct predecessor and while I can't talk sales, this current book is critically much better received from what I can tell.
    Which is well deserved considering how bad that book was (as I keep on mentioning in every second post I write) and how good the current one is.
    I meant predecessor in a narrative sense. The book has even been referred to as a ''spiritual continuation'' to Fraction's run, and we all can agree it has done that much more than Lemire's book did. I didn't think All-New Hawkeye was all that bad, though. It was a little bland compared to Fraction's and Thompson's, but it wasn't a completely terrible read either. I guess the only thing that sort of bothered me is that while I loved how we got to see more of Kate's past, I'm not a big fan of how Lemire tried to shoehorn Clint into her origin story. The whole ''I've looked up to Hawkeye ever since I was a little kid'' thing was very strange and even contradictory to how Kate was portrayed back in Young Avengers, since she was the only one on the team who wasn't a superhero fangirl; she wanted to be a hero for very personal reasons that concerned only her, and that was great and empowering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kate cameoed in ROYALS #4.
    Of course she did. Ewing just can't help himself; he HAS to write Young Avengers characters in all his books. I'm definitely not complaining, of course.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-24-2017 at 03:29 AM.

  12. #42
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I meant predecessor in a narrative sense. The book has even been referred to as a ''spiritual continuation'' to Fraction's run, and we all can agree it has done that much more than Lemire's book did. I didn't think All-New Hawkeye was all that bad, though. It was a little bland compared to Fraction's and Thompson's, but it wasn't a completely terrible read either. I guess the only thing that sort of bothered me is that while I loved how we got to see more of Kate's past, I'm not a big fan of how Lemire tried to shoehorn Clint into her origin story. The whole ''I've looked up to Hawkeye ever since I was a little kid'' thing was very strange and even contradictory to how Kate was portrayed back in Young Avengers, since she was the only one on the team who wasn't a superhero fangirl; she wanted to be a hero for very personal reasons that concerned only her, and that was great and empowering.



    Of course she did. Ewing just can't help himself; he HAS to write Young Avengers characters in all his books. I'm definitely not complaining, of course.
    All New triggered the hell out of me. I could explain why here and now but I am not sure if this is the right place.

    Well I guess I might keep it short instead of doing the usual rant xD

    - Kate was unsympathetic and bitter, Clint was barely smart enough to breath and his moral compass was backwards
    - Both characters were utterly incompetent
    - the art was horrible
    - the flashbacks while better than the main story felt like a whole other comic
    - the dynamic between the main characters was barely there and got overshadowed by dynamics with secondary characters
    - the future visions felt even more disconnected and mostly undeserved
    - Future Kate was said to be a really big deal and yet she fell flat on her face immediately just like both present day Hawkeyes at any given opportunity

    I think that should cover the important bits.
    On the flipside: Yeah Kate's past was further explained and in a good way and Barney Barton came off as pretty cool.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Superhero Movies 2017 - R A N K E D

  13. #43
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kate cameoed in ROYALS #4.
    WHAT HAPPENED??????

    <pants incessantly>

    Please?

  14. #44
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    WHAT HAPPENED??????

    <pants incessantly>

    Please?
    Basically all of them have visions of their lovers saying like "You don't love me! You broke my heart!" etc and Noh-Varr's is Kate.

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member Fokken's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Basically all of them have visions of their lovers saying like "You don't love me! You broke my heart!" etc and Noh-Varr's is Kate.
    Thank you, beloved Wiccan.

    GAWD I love, Ewing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •