Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I find that pretty odd their relationship seemed to be just about sex.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I find that pretty odd their relationship seemed to be just about sex.
    Considering what happened between them, I would understand why Kate's ''ghost'' would haunt him, since he DID break her heart by choosing someone who wasn't even real over her, and then when he realized that he made a mistake, it seemed like it was just too late for him to go after her again. I think it's understandable if he still feels guilty about that.

BTW, I REALLY want Tommy to appear in Kate's book. Among all of her flings, he was my favorite. Him convincing her to break into Clint's apartment to steal his bow after she lost it in a bet? Absolutely awesome.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-25-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Considering what happened between them, I would understand why Kate's ''ghost'' would haunt him, since he DID break her heart by choosing someone who wasn't even real over her, and then when he realized that he made a mistake, it seemed like it was just too late for him to go after her again. I think it's understandable if he still feels guilty about that.

BTW, I REALLY want Tommy to appear in Kate's book. Among all of her flings, he was my favorite. Him convincing her to break into Clint's apartment to steal his bow after she lost it in a bet? Absolutely awesome.
    YES!!! Their flirtatious dynamic has always been SO fun.
    Kate's issue of YA Presents was easily the most solid, too. From the art to the writing.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Don't know if you guys saw it, but a preview for Hawkeye #8 out next week!

http://www.avclub.com/article/kate-b...8-exclu-257524

thanks, Kelly! Just read #7 after finally get my hands on a copy and it was just as fantastic as the first 6.

Invincible Member

Cool! I'm totally looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noiseredux View Post
    woah! Kelly Thompson posts here! That's awesome! @Kelly: the Kate Bishop Hawkeye book is genuinely one of my absolute favorite current series!

For proof, here's me raving about the first 6 issues.

https://comicbooknoiseredux.wordpres...egory/hawkeye/

I've got #7 on it's way to me right now. I had to order it after checking FOUR different local shops, and it being sold out at each because I couldn't get there the week it actually came out. Anyway... Keep up the great work!!
    Thanks for the reviews and for spreading the word!

I've only just gotten back into comics after a long absence, and catching up on Hawkeye has been a great pleasure -- it's my favorite book being published at Marvel right now. Naturally, #8 was awesome -- loved the back-and-forth structure, and Kate's slow unraveling is creating great tension. "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?" Yes, Kate. Yes I am haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPoint View Post
    I've only just gotten back into comics after a long absence, and catching up on Hawkeye has been a great pleasure -- it's my favorite book being published at Marvel right now. Naturally, #8 was awesome -- loved the back-and-forth structure, and Kate's slow unraveling is creating great tension. "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?" Yes, Kate. Yes I am haha.
    THANK YOU! So glad you enjoy it. (and nice user name!)

Also, meant to mention the other day...any of you folks that like to review things on Amazon or rate things on Comixology, etc., doing that stuff for Hawkeye issues (and the trade especially) really helps us.

BANNED

Issue #8 was fantastic! This book continues to be one of the very best out there right now. To anyone who hasn't checked it out yet, please give it a shot. It's seriously wonderful, just a joy to read. Love Kate, love her supporting cast. And Leonardo Romero's art is incredible.

Thanks for reading everyone! Preview for Hawkeye #9, out next week (8/2) at the link!

http://www.comicosity.com/preview-hawkeye-9/

Hope you all are getting your KATE BISHOP fix today with Hawkeye #9!

Hawkeye 9 - its that kind of party.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Hope you all are getting your KATE BISHOP fix today with Hawkeye #9!

Hawkeye 9 - its that kind of party.jpg
    ........And while you're at it; Kate's appearing within DP KILLS THE MU AGAIN #3, due out Next Week......

.....Yes, yes.....it's an alternate universe story (and a "sequel" at that).

Kate Bishop #9

Just great. And may I also say that I've found myself unexpectedly smitten with the support cast. As a deeply, DEEPLY, rooted devotee -- its friggin ETCHED in my DNA -- to the Young Avengers, I was naturally dismayed(?) that none of them have appeared (albeit, yes, mentioned that one time regarding anchor points) in Hawkeye (yet? maybe a text exchange? facetime? tweet?) I will admit that I held a strong bias against all these noobs -- BUT I'M HERE TO TELL YA -- they're lovely creatures.

Just lovely.
    I found myself rereading the anchor points trade yesterday and I'm just so pleased with how this title is turning out. I am.
    I had some trepidation initially -- primarily due to my own aesthetic preferences -- but the tone and the vibe and the narrative all gels SO WELL with this art, that I just feel ASHAMED for having said initial trepidation. It DOES make me wonder if/when a fill in artist will be summoned/implemented or if they'll go strong as long as possible.

Kelly? Kelly are you there? What say you? Any inside info you're at liberty to share???