Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

Listen, I appreciate you being ashamed of your initial trepidation...but we all have that sometimes with new things and I really appreciate you giving us a chance and I'm REALLY happy we won you over.

While I am greedy as hell and love to take credit, we all know the magic and beauty of Hawkeye is thanks to our whole amazing team. Which is staying together for the foreseeable future.

Leo and Jordie are on through the end of this current arc (Hawkeye #11). The wonderful Michael Walsh is coming back (colors still I believe/hope by Jordie) for a standalone issue - Hawkeye #12 - guest starring Wolverine (Laura). And then Leo and Jordie will be back for our Legacy arc (guest starring Clint!) that runs from Hawkeye #13 - Hawkeye #16.

Kelly
    Last edited by Kelly Thompson; 08-04-2017 at 07:31 PM.

You're the greatest Kelly. Your team is hella boss.

ALSO? omg WOLVERINE guest star??? YES!!!

With Clint and later on Laura showing up this book already has the best guest appearances in the coming months.

What? I am not biased, you are!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Leo and Jordie are on through the end of this current arc (Hawkeye #11). The wonderful Michael Walsh is coming back (colors still I believe/hope by Jordie) for a standalone issue - Hawkeye #12 - guest starring Wolverine (Laura). And then Leo and Jordie will be back for our Legacy arc (guest starring Clint!) that runs from Hawkeye #13 - Hawkeye #16.

Kelly
    This sounds great! Kate & Laura, fantastic! Can't wait to read these and so glad the book continues as a Kate solo!
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Jeez, "trepidation" is such a great word: describes my feeling toward these upcoming "Legacy issues," as I have very, very little interest in the "Event" as such, and fear its incursion into titles I really enjoy (like this one, natch). Haven't read this newest issue yet as I save the best of the week's catch for last.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm so glad to hear that this book wil last up until, at least, issue 16. Hopefully it will still go on. I was already emotionally prepared for it to be a short run just based on how underrated I feel it is and how many books I've loved were quickly cancelled, but I'm happy it's having a nice and relatively long run. <3

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Jeez, "trepidation" is such a great word: describes my feeling toward these upcoming "Legacy issues," as I have very, very little interest in the "Event" as such, and fear its incursion into titles I really enjoy (like this one, natch). Haven't read this newest issue yet as I save the best of the week's catch for last.
    Well, I can't speak for other books that I don't write, but for us Legacy is just going to be a new arc that's a continuation of Kate's story and adding in Clint when they find they could really use each other's help to solve some problems they've got. Hawkeyes is never a bad thing AFAIC!

Or maybe you're referring to the one-shot Generations issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm so glad to hear that this book wil last up until, at least, issue 16. Hopefully it will still go on. I was already emotionally prepared for it to be a short run just based on how underrated I feel it is and how many books I've loved were quickly cancelled, but I'm happy it's having a nice and relatively long run. <3
    I hope we'll get to keep going. Hell, I hope they'll let me write Hawkeye forever...I SUSPECT they will not.

I think our continuation - as with all comics - depends a lot on monthly sales - which have not been great for our single issues (but our trade sales look pretty strong from what I'm seeing so that's good). We've gotten a lot of critical acclaim and love for the book and Marvel has been very generous in giving us extra time to find our audience. But if we can't level out (or increase!) our monthly readership I'd be surprised if we get to go beyond #16. So...continue reading, continue reviewing, and TELL EVERYONE.

And thanks everyone for all the support so far. I really appreciate it - we all do at Team Hawkeye!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Do you have any idea how the book is doing digitally? Because I'm a part of that market, since it's the only way I can support a comic book right away (I live in a non-english speaking country, so physical copies take way too long to arrive, and by the time they do, a lot of books are already cancelled) and Marvel doesn't reveal those numbers to the audience. Is it possible that monthly digital sales (or other sales outside of the direct market) can keep the book going?

I've heard the book has been popular on Marvel Unlimited, but I'm not sure if that helps...

Unfortunately I don't see those numbers either so I'm not sure how good (or bad) they are. I suspect we do pretty well digitally. Unfortunately the direct market still seems to rule all. BUT doing well in trades, digitally (and marvel unlimited too) still helps, especially if people coming late to the book then become monthly readers, reviewers, fans.

I also think online reviews, discussion, excitement, chatter (whatever) for books really helps to keep it in the public eye...with events and new books being announced all the time and everything that goes on in the comic industry it's easy to get lost in the shuffle, so keeping up sustained vocal support for a book is a great thing, even though I know it's hard.

So everything helps. And thanks for reading and supporting, in whatever way you can! <3

And here's an amazing panel from Hawkeye 10 as thanks! ;D

KateHawkeye10.jpg

I'm currently trade waiting this wonderful book. I'm still a good person for that, right?

Listen, I appreciate you being ashamed of your initial trepidation...but we all have that sometimes with new things and I really appreciate you giving us a chance and I'm REALLY happy we won you over.

While I am greedy as hell and love to take credit, we all know the magic and beauty of Hawkeye is thanks to our whole amazing team. Which is staying together for the foreseeable future.

Kelly
    Oh yay for Laura guest starring! Hawkverine team-up!

Unfortunately I don't see those numbers either so I'm not sure how good (or bad) they are. I suspect we do pretty well digitally. Unfortunately the direct market still seems to rule all. BUT doing well in trades, digitally (and marvel unlimited too) still helps, especially if people coming late to the book then become monthly readers, reviewers, fans.

I also think online reviews, discussion, excitement, chatter (whatever) for books really helps to keep it in the public eye...with events and new books being announced all the time and everything that goes on in the comic industry it's easy to get lost in the shuffle, so keeping up sustained vocal support for a book is a great thing, even though I know it's hard.

So everything helps. And thanks for reading and supporting, in whatever way you can! <3

And here's an amazing panel from Hawkeye 10 as thanks! ;D

KateHawkeye10.jpg
    Uuuh Kate looks fancy here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Oh yay for Laura guest starring! Hawkverine team-up!
    Now that you say it like that: It mirrors what will be going on in Old Man Logan soon as well. I wonder if that is intentional.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Hawkeye (2016-) #9

I had dropped this after the premiere arc but gave it another try because the cover had the promise of Madame Masque in it. Sadly, she was not but as for the story I was pleasantly surprised by it. Kate gave some charming narration. The flashback colouring is a neat detail, too. And NEXT ISSUE really looks like MM is in it!

Rivera is likable supporting cast. Clem would be a good recurring foe. Does Pizza Dog have an eye injury or permanent wink twitch? Liked her rescue comments to Liam and her obsession with frozen peas. How can DNA results not categorically reveal if Kate has superhuman powers? Any chance Madame Masque is Hawkeye The Girl's mother? Nice happy TV-epworthy ending.

9_medium.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Hawkeye (2016-) #9

I had dropped this after the premiere arc but gave it another try because the cover had the promise of Madame Masque in it. Sadly, she was not but as for the story I was pleasantly surprised by it. Kate gave some charming narration. The flashback colouring is a neat detail, too. And NEXT ISSUE really looks like MM is in it!

Rivera is likable supporting cast. Clem would be a good recurring foe. Does Pizza Dog have an eye injury or permanent wink twitch? Liked her rescue comments to Liam and her obsession with frozen peas. How can DNA results not categorically reveal if Kate has superhuman powers? Any chance Madame Masque is Hawkeye The Girl's mother? Nice happy TV-epworthy ending.

9_medium.jpg
    Yeah Lucky lost an eye as seen in Fractions run on Hawkeye.

My Twitter